Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Voters recognize press bias
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Voters recognize press bias
Poll: Half of U.S. says press pro-Obama

Quote:Half of Americans think the press is trying to help Sen. Barack Obama win the presidential election, according to a new poll by Rasmussen Reports.
04-jawdrop

Here's the proof!!!

NYT REJECTS MCCAIN'S EDITORIAL

Quote:An editorial written by Republican presidential hopeful McCain has been rejected by the NEW YORK TIMES -- less than a week after the paper published an essay written by Obama, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.
Sorry Mr. McCain the NYT editors have this to say about you. 05-ban

Those Wily Evangelicals

Quote:Despite all the hype over Obama's religious outreach, a new Pew survey indicates Obama actually has slightly less support from evangelicals than John Kerry had at this point four years ago. Not that this translates into evangelical enthusiasm for McCain, but the survey is worth noting for no other reason than it challenges the prevailing media assumptions about how Obama's overt religiosity is helping his campaign — which my better half details here. It seems to me that this is a classic example of the media trying to force a campaign narrative, regardless of whether it is true.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2008 06:16 PM by THE NC Herd Fan.)
07-21-2008 06:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Voters recognize press bias
Obama orgy

Quote:The blatant bias of the major national news media toward Barack Obama is now so overwhelming that it would not be worth noting, except that the election of a President of the United States is involved. It is a propaganda blitz that would make the Kremlin blush.

Quote:A recent report found that since June the nightly newscasts of NBC, CBS, and ABC combined have spent 114 minutes covering Obama. McCain got 48 minutes.

But that was before this week.

The three major television networks are all scheduled to send their nightly news star "anchors'' to follow Obama on his trip to Iraq and the Middle East.

When was the last time you saw ANY of the networks do this with Sen. McCain?

Quote:The outrageous imbalance in the major media's coverage of the candidates means that the American people are going to have to work doubly hard to make the right choice in these perilous times.
07-21-2008 07:31 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I think this could backfire. Americans don't like to see people treated unfairly. If they get the idea that the media are being unfair to McCain, that could launch a significant backlash. Significant enough to alter a campaign that is this close at this point, to be sure.

I would think the media giants would have a bit more sophisticated approach. Maybe they just all hate Bush so much that they've completely lost their objectivity. I don't think anyone who's not on the hard-core left doubts that the media consistently favors the more liberal candidates, usually the democrats. But when you see someone as blatant as Keith Olberman, or hear Chris Matthews talk about a tingling in his leg when he sees Barack Obama, you really wonder what's going on here.

I'm kind of a centrist, social liberal and fiscal conservative, and I don't care much for either of the major party offerings. I haven't voted for a democrat or a republican candidate for anything in at least 20 years. And I've voted, just not for them. That probably gives me at least a somewhat more objective viewpoint than those on here who are clearly partisan republicans or democrats. And I would say that I find the pro-Obama bias in mainstream media to be very real and extremely offensive. I find myself more favorably inclined toward Obama when I hear Sean Hannity ripping him and less favorably inclined toward him when I hear Olberman fawning over him. I guess I just expect the media to cover the news straight down the middle, and I'm offended when they come at me from what is clearly one partisan side or the other.
07-21-2008 07:42 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
The press is overwhelmingly and undoubtedly supportive of Obama. The democrats get tons of media support yet when a few conservative radio talk shows piss them off they respond with the Fairness Doctrine.

BTW, my personal favorite was Dan Rather and Memogate. That was an intentional act in an attempt to sway the election.
07-21-2008 07:44 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
[Image: 34djw44.jpg]

05-stirthepot
07-22-2008 09:09 AM
Advertisement

Fanatical Offline
lost in dreams of hops & barley

I Root For: South Park Cows
This board shows the bias. Even threads about McCain have less to do about him than Obama.
07-22-2008 10:04 AM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Is the Media Trying to Elect Obama?

Observations from one of Clinton's Liberal staffers.

Quote:Tomorrow, CBS’s Katie Couric will interview Barack Obama from Jordan. On Wednesday, ABC’s Charlie Gibson will chat with him from Israel. And on Thursday, NBC’s Brian Williams will do the honors from Germany. Call it the presidential campaign equivalent of Shooting the Moon.
07-22-2008 07:00 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
I read a story today that said having 3 major news anchors follow Obama around might back fire on him because many voters might think the press was forcing Obama on them. Let's hope so.
07-22-2008 10:30 PM
dwr0109 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Winning
Could be the case, but I doubt it. The average American voter kind of takes what the press/advertising/ etc. feeds them. I've never seen a politician get the kind of adoration that the press has for Obama. But I've also never seen the public go so nuts over a candidate with such a lack of concrete stances and qualifications behind him. The press are people too, so I guess everyone's caught up in the Obama love affair.

Its pretty sad, but style blows substance completely out of the water in this country. I guess its kind of like a High School election, just a big popularity contest. I thought the same thing about Bush when he ran, but this is on a whole new level.

I'll take an unphotogenic, grumpy old man, who knows how to get things done, over the popular kid any day of the week.
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2008 03:13 PM by dwr0109.)
07-23-2008 03:09 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
[Image: MyHero.jpg]
07-23-2008 03:17 PM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.