Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Can somebody help?
Bookmark and Share
Go Fly Win Owls! Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
Can somebody help?
By now, the coaching staff should have the bulk of the schedule done for 08-09. Why isn't it posted? Last year they waited until August to release it. Even Navy has theirs done for 08-09 and Wofford has their roster posted for 08-09. I know our roster is a secret, but the schedule shouldn't be.

Can a few of you gym rats put some pressure 05-stirthepot on the folks in the know and let them know that the public is craving the info????
06-20-2008 09:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
RE: Can somebody help?
Sometimes the schedule isn't completely finished until August....my guess is that when they have a completed schedule they release it. It would be fun to know who we are playing though, I agree.
06-23-2008 06:03 AM
kevster Offline
1st String

I Root For: Go Bucs!!! Back
Kennesaw's 08-09 Schedule:

Spartanburg College
West Alabama A&M
Texas Women's University
SC Upstate
North Florida
SC Downstate
South Alabama-Tallapoosa
Dobyns Bennett
University of the South
Tusculum (money game)
Dalton College
06-23-2008 06:51 AM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
Thanks Kevster for the preview. Did you guys set a date for when ETSU shuts down it's athletic program or is it already in progress? I haven't heard from you guys in a while so I thought I would ask.
06-23-2008 07:59 AM
1st String

I actually heard through the grapevine some of our opponents. This comes from a good source. I don't have dates except for one game, but here are some of our out of conference opponents:

1. @ Georgia - December 31st (this is confirmed for sure)
2. @ Florida A&M
3. James Madison (don't know if this is away or home...I think away)
4,5. 100 Club Tournament (Western Illinois, Northern Illinois, Maine)

We have 20 conference games, so that doesn't leave a whole lot of room for OOC opponents. I think that there is a 27 or 28 game maximum, so that only leaves a few opponents left that we don't know about (we have 25 confirmed games). They will probably be return games from some of the away opponents we played last year.

I hope that helps GFWO - I wanted to get you some info :) It is still hard to believe that UGA would play us again after we scared them so bad, and after ETSU beat them last year. You would think they would stay away from ASun opponents for a while.

On a side note - it is good to have Kevster back with his awful commentary on Kennesaw.
06-23-2008 11:34 AM
1st String

6. Colgate
7. Maryland Eastern Shore
8. Savannah State

I believe are our other opponents. That fills out our 28 game schedule.
06-23-2008 11:57 AM
Advertisement

Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
Good job KB!

Ug... Dec. 31st... why can't we get decent games not scheduled on holidays? Is that too much to ask?
06-23-2008 12:30 PM
Go Fly Win Owls! Offline
2nd String

Great Job Kennesaw Basketball!!!

Please forgive me for putting the rumors out there about Florida State and Hawaii ... I was lied to!

Quite honestly, this schedule sucks.

James Madison and Colgate on the road? Why not play North Carolina or Duke on the road if you want to take a beating. At least it may be on TV.

Ingle is trying to compensate for the beatings he took last year record wise. Instead of 10-20 he is shooting to 20-10 which is not a bad strategy. Hopefully next year the schedule will be more appealing. I would think it would have to be if there is any hope of recruiting at the level that we need to.
06-25-2008 09:51 PM
kevster Offline
1st String

Nick M Wrote:Thanks Kevster for the preview. Did you guys set a date for when ETSU shuts down it's athletic program or is it already in progress? I haven't heard from you guys in a while so I thought I would ask.

I actually attended a luncheon that included the president of ETSU a couple of weeks ago. Afterwards, I was kind've amazed that it hadn't already shut down.

I believe the Bucs are planning to continue along the Division II route for now (ASun).
06-26-2008 07:29 AM
kevster Offline
1st String

KennesawBasketball Wrote:On a side note - it is good to have Kevster back with his awful commentary on Kennesaw.

Thanks, KB. It's getting WAY TOO serious over on the ETSU board. THey're even discussing politics!
06-26-2008 07:30 AM
1st String

Go, Fly, Win, Owls! Wrote:Great Job Kennesaw Basketball!!!

Please forgive me for putting the rumors out there about Florida State and Hawaii ... I was lied to!

Quite honestly, this schedule sucks.

James Madison and Colgate on the road? Why not play North Carolina or Duke on the road if you want to take a beating. At least it may be on TV.

Ingle is trying to compensate for the beatings he took last year record wise. Instead of 10-20 he is shooting to 20-10 which is not a bad strategy. Hopefully next year the schedule will be more appealing. I would think it would have to be if there is any hope of recruiting at the level that we need to.

GFWO:

1. I think a lot of this schedule stuff is up and down. Meaning, I think one day it may look like you have a potential match, and the next day the other team backs out. Or you have a date set up, but then one of the teams finds out that it needs that date to set up a different more important series. Just to let you know that whatever you heard probably wasn't a blatant lie, but more of things changing. I know I heard a lot of rumors about different teams...I heard about a return trip to Auburn, Hawaii, etc... but never had a sure confirmation until last week about the real schedule. Just wanted to you to hear that so you didn't feel jaded about your information. We all understand that we are novices just speculating for the most part :)

2. I think Ingle is trying to put together a competitive schedule that gives us a chance to win. I thought the James Madison and Colgate games were great to be honest, because they probably mean a return home game. To get two low-major teams to come to our place and play without having to pay a guarantee is a good deal. I am assuming the return game however, I don't know about that for sure. To me it looks like we are scheduling a lot of teams that are ranked (RPI-wise) in our hemisphere so that we have a chance to win some out of conference games. I like the strategy personally...if we can pull out a 15, 18, 20 win season we will be well on our way out of this freaking grace period :)

3. I definitely recruiting will continue to get better if this year is any indication. Combine our recruiting momentum with some wins, and we might have the start of a solid mid-major program, which is really incredible if you think about it.
06-26-2008 12:39 PM
Advertisement

1st String

kevster Wrote:
KennesawBasketball Wrote:On a side note - it is good to have Kevster back with his awful commentary on Kennesaw.

Thanks, KB. It's getting WAY TOO serious over on the ETSU board. THey're even discussing politics!

I am actually most happy about the fact that I am going to create the most awesome avatar for you to sport once basketball season comes around :) You are going to love it!
06-26-2008 12:42 PM
kevster Offline
1st String

Looking forward to the opportunity to pay my debt!
06-26-2008 12:48 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
Let me know if you need any help KB 03-wink
06-26-2008 02:01 PM
kevster Offline
1st String

That Nick can be so rude, KB!
06-26-2008 02:11 PM
1st String

Nick - I am going to open it up to all Kennesaw fans. A nice visible Tony Ingle must be at the center of the avatar. Other than that I am not sure. Feel free to start working on your idea. In a few months I am going to open up the contest to see whose creation gets used.
06-26-2008 03:13 PM
Advertisement

kevster Offline
1st String

I just hope you don't open it up to Nick. He can be SO RUDE!
06-27-2008 03:15 PM
1st String

For some reason I picture you as a big 'Full House' fan back in the early nineties Kevster.
06-27-2008 05:09 PM
kevster Offline
1st String

More like ANIMAL HOUSE ... back in the 80s ... but who's counting?
06-30-2008 12:00 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
BUELLER.... BUELLER?
06-30-2008 12:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.