Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

DeOnte Arnett
Bookmark and Share
faNATIc Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
DeOnte Arnett
6-4 236 lb Defensive end narrowed down his list to 5. Maryland, Georgia, Ohio State, Tennessee and Cincinnati. Pretty good company if you ask me. Whether we get him or not I'm excited that our program under BK is getting looks from recruits we wouldn't dreamed of getting just a few years ago.

06-04-2008 07:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats
RE: DeOnte Arnett
Until UC lands a few of these guys I just can't get excited. Being mentioned in the same breath is nice but does little to help UC win games. This is like being one number off in a lottery, yah it got you excited but yah you still lost.

06-05-2008 07:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
uchoops Offline
1st String

I Root For:
is the glass half or half empty??...take your pick...I say half full...BK is doing a great job getting UC's name out there with top recruits...

06-05-2008 08:06 AM
Cash2Gates42 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UC
Signings from these caliber of players will come as long as BK sticks around, even if it's only 3-4 more years. Building a solid foundation is key, we all need some patience. Until then let's enjoy Goodman's 3 td game against OU in a few months.

06-05-2008 10:17 AM
Advertisement

Mopper Offline
1st String

this kind of thing has a huge value for the program. The top flight kids are very savy in the way that they play the recruiting game. They know who is talking with who, they look at national position rankings. Seeing UC mixing it up with Georgia, Tennessee and Ohio State for Arnett makes other national level recruits look a bit more closely at the Bearcats, which a huge positive. additionally seeing that UC is going after these types of players makes some of the regional recruits take notice and have them want to pull the trigger a bit sooner than they have in the past. All in all this is a big deal for the program.

06-05-2008 11:39 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
It is all good news.

06-05-2008 09:17 PM
faNATIc Offline
1st String

I guess I was just noting the progression the program has made in such short time. I think we can pull off a couple of these guys over much more prestigious and "traditional" schools.

06-06-2008 02:39 PM
Advertisement

Mopper Offline
1st String

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/recruitin...o_dec.html

Decision set for next Wednesday. I think that OSU is out of the picture, they have two DE's in the fold already and they loaded up on the position in each of the last two years. That leaves Maryland, Tennessee and Georgia. Maryland would seem to be the logical choice, it is a position of need, and they are the local school. Georgia and Tennessee are legit threats due to their name, but both of them have loaded up on DE's in the past two classes. Claims playing time and academics, specifically engineering, are two big factors in the decision. UC can offer both with a very young two deep at DE after this year and one of the top engineering programs in the nation. I don't think it is a done deal but I like UC's chances.

06-26-2008 04:36 PM
Marcus Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I think he's headed to Maryland. He's never been on UC's campus. Players usually dont commit to schools they've never even been to.

06-26-2008 08:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mopper Offline
1st String

The smart money is on Maryland, no doubt about it. I figured I would try to inform the board at large.

06-26-2008 08:26 PM
Advertisement

faNATIc Offline
1st String

Hes never been on our campus? Kind of weird that he has us in the top 5 out of 18 offers if hes never been to our campus.

06-26-2008 08:29 PM
Bearcatbdub Online
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
faNATIc Wrote:Hes never been on our campus? Kind of weird that he has us in the top 5 out of 18 offers if hes never been to our campus.

Makes you think if we could get him TO campus that chances might be a lot better. Haven't seen any recruit that was at least a little amazed at our facilities.

06-27-2008 07:06 AM
Marcus Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
faNATIc Wrote:Hes never been on our campus? Kind of weird that he has us in the top 5 out of 18 offers if hes never been to our campus.

Outside of Maryland I dont think he has been to any of his other Top 5 schools either.

06-27-2008 07:14 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Marcus Wrote:

Outside of Maryland I dont think he has been to any of his other Top 5 schools either.

Marcus any scoop on Tank Carradine?

06-27-2008 07:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.