HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators
Signs for WBC
"Shirley Phelps Munches the Carpet"
"Say NO to Inbreds"
02-19-2008 12:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
RE: Signs for WBC
"God Hates WBC"
02-19-2008 12:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
"Shirley You Can't be Serious"
02-19-2008 12:25 PM
NiuCoils Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES

Donators
My sign...

God Hates Shrimp — Leviticus 11:9-12

They use Leviticus to "prove" that homosexuality is an abomination. The same book also says anything that comes from the water which does not have gills and scales is an abomination. Either they should give equal time picketing Long John Silvers, or their argument is discretdited by the very same book of Leviticus.

Other variations could be

The Lord hates Shellfish
Sponge Bob = Crab Enabler
Bubba Gump is in Hell

Check out wikipedia. Other parodys include "God hates figs" for another bible passage where God bad-mouths a fig tree.

Ah, thank goodness Catholics don't have to interpret the Bible literally!

etc.
02-19-2008 12:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
HMM, While I find those entertaining and kind of funny, I feel you are stooping to their level with those posters. As for those that have some Biblical influence, I think those are fine. I like the "figs" one.
02-19-2008 12:39 PM
NIUtrav09 Offline
Huskies and Illini. Get over it!

I Root For: NIU and U of I
"God hates inbreds"
02-19-2008 12:44 PM
Advertisement

erob3833 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU,Vols,Sox
"inbreeding is a sin"
02-19-2008 12:48 PM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
RobertN Wrote:HMM, While I find those entertaining and kind of funny, I feel you are stooping to their level with those posters. As for those that have some Biblical influence, I think those are fine. I like the "figs" one.
I agree, I just think it is funny and comic relief for people passing by.
02-19-2008 12:49 PM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
I have to agree with RobertN. To try to one up the WBC will raise them to a level of significance. It may be better to shun them, and treat them as insignificant.

It is ironic that they show up on a day when NIU has no class.
02-19-2008 12:51 PM
Huskiefan38 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies!!!
I think this protest would be a lot more useful if a bunch of people just showed up to show support for them and completely dilute them with red and black.

If I show up and these types of things are going on I will leave right away.
02-19-2008 12:51 PM
NIUJDK Offline
All American

I Root For:
DonatorsDonators
There was a time when a couple guys in the funeral procession would have gotten out of their car to take care of the situation. Now we attorneys to protect them in their classless ways. Knowing that I would get away with it, I would pummel them until there was no more movement. Then they might hesitate to go to the next funeral knowing they might be greeted the same way. Burying the dead should be out of bounds for this type of behavior.
02-19-2008 01:09 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

One other point on the HMM "signs". You have to be careful because I would think it would be possible to get sued for libel by using the family name in such a fashion. This is how they make their money to continue this crap. Again, I read HMM's response so I am cool with that. I just want to point this out for anyone else who may try something similar.
02-19-2008 01:20 PM
NiuCoils Offline
All American

Donators
Oh come on people. Enough with the nicities and politeness. Why let them have their little picnic in peace? If I could throw things at them and get away with it, I would. Hell, if I could drive a car up onto the sidewalk and get away with it, I would. Of course I can't, so I wont. But seriously, give them as much hell as you legally can. Shoot, we're not this nice to opposing sports fans and they aren't thanking God for murdering us!
02-19-2008 02:03 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

NiuCoils Wrote:Oh come on people. Enough with the nicities and politeness. Why let them have their little picnic in peace? If I could throw things at them and get away with it, I would. Hell, if I could drive a car up onto the sidewalk and get away with it, I would. Of course I can't, so I wont. But seriously, give them as much hell as you legally can. Shoot, we're not this nice to opposing sports fans and they aren't thanking God for murdering us!
True. Except the world(literally) is looking at our behavior in this situation. This is not some sporting event that gets no coverage or very little coverage. This is a way to make NIU look like a "world class university" it is.
02-19-2008 02:12 PM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
I will be in attendance with my 3X5 Huskie Flag with 9' flagpole above their garbage signs.
02-19-2008 02:18 PM
MiniNovak Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: NIU
"Ron Burgundy says.....
Stay classy NIU.
Go F-ck yourself WBC."
02-19-2008 02:19 PM
Advertisement

NiuCoils Offline
All American

Donators
RobertN Wrote:
NiuCoils Wrote:Oh come on people. Enough with the nicities and politeness. Why let them have their little picnic in peace? If I could throw things at them and get away with it, I would. Hell, if I could drive a car up onto the sidewalk and get away with it, I would. Of course I can't, so I wont. But seriously, give them as much hell as you legally can. Shoot, we're not this nice to opposing sports fans and they aren't thanking God for murdering us!
True. Except the world(literally) is looking at our behavior in this situation. This is not some sporting event that gets no coverage or very little coverage. This is a way to make NIU look like a "world class university" it is.

The world would applaud if they were exterminated. These people send letters to the mothers of deceased homosexuals calling them "another dead fag."

I do take your words to heart Robert. My signs are tame, although I am not above verbally berating these people if only still cameras are present. I certinly don't judge those who do choose to be more vulgar.
02-19-2008 02:34 PM
Sunbiz1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: FSU !!
They play on peoples' deepest emotions. If this cult is ignored, they will no longer have a reason to protest. They are already in debt, NIU could help to permanently shut down this cult by not giving them an audience.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/31/funeral...index.html

Huskie_Jon Wrote:I have to agree with RobertN. To try to one up the WBC will raise them to a level of significance. It may be better to shun them, and treat them as insignificant.

It is ironic that they show up on a day when NIU has no class.
02-19-2008 02:51 PM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU

Donators
I will be there with an American Flag and signs preaching love and peace.
02-19-2008 03:16 PM
Sunbiz1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: FSU !!
OK, I just wanted all of you to know that this cult will do everything in their power to get an emotional reaction from all of you....here's a clip of the wife and daughters on the Tyra Banks show...these are the 3(wife and 2 daughters of the WBC founder)that were successfully sued:

http://www.break.com/index/crazy_phelps_..._tyra.html

BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:I will be there with an American Flag and signs preaching love and peace.
02-19-2008 03:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.