Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NIU's community never stronger By Barry Rozner | Daily Herald Columnist
Bookmark and Share
HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Online
All American

I Root For: Huskies
NIU's community never stronger By Barry Rozner | Daily Herald Columnist
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=136534

Quote:It's time to break out the Huskie apparel and wear it proud; and with no hesitation, I can state I've never been prouder of NIU.

Quote:I'm on the board of the College of Business, and I can guarantee you it's one of the top business schools in the country,'' said Eric Wasowicz, a Palatine resident and 1980 graduate in computer science. "Computer science, accounting, nursing, education -- all those programs are as good as any you'll find anywhere.

"(Athletic director) Jim Phillips is doing a phenomenal job, and the sports facilities have been upgraded to absolute first-class. This is not a secondary institution by any stretch.

I just wish the Daily Herald sports editors would cover NIU like it is a first class institution.
02-17-2008 03:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chihuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: NIU's community never stronger By Barry Rozner | Daily Herald Columnist
This, along with Mark Brown's articles are great articles. I am e-mailing it to others I know at work in the hope that we do just what Rozner suggests -- go to DeKalb - get some new Huskie gear -- lend support -- and I would add -- donate to the NIU Foundation. And, wear your Huskie gear. Let everyone know we are together!
02-17-2008 09:23 PM
Advertisement

Nigel Incubator-Jones Offline
All American

I Root For: Ricky Bobby
"Lend support" is what everyone within the alumni community needs to do. The big majority of alum left DeKalb and never looked back. Well here is the opportunity for all of us to do something selfless for the institution that provided us are education.

It's not about buying a t-shirt and wearing it on Saturdays. Rather it is about getting actively involved in helping NIU recover from a devastating event. And giving back to the university with your time, talents and resources that enables it to fulfill its academic mission in highest possible fashion.
02-17-2008 09:43 PM
HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Online
All American

I Root For: Huskies
Quote:It is about getting actively involved in helping NIU recover from a devastating event. And giving back to the university with your time, talents and resources that enables it to fulfill its academic mission in highest possible fashion.

Well said!
02-17-2008 09:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.