Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Transfers
Bookmark and Share
ChipFB Offline
2nd String

I Root For: CMU
Transfers
Just read JJ Watt transfered to Wisconsin. That's a blow to our program. He's a great kid, which was not used at all except to block. That isn't fair to the kid, who I'm sure was told otherwise when being recruited.

I also read Antinio Brown may have transfered. It's a rumor...so we'll wait and see what happens. Kirkston Edwards, Duane Brooks as well as Cribbs are all gone.

If these kids were bad eggs and negative character kids, then it might be okay, however some of these kids were starters and were not bad kids...so it doesn't sit right knowing they probably left because of BJ. What the hell are these coaches doing up in Mt. P?
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2008 04:51 PM by ChipFB.)
01-08-2008 04:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HorseGlue Offline
2nd String

RE: Transfers
I agree. Losing Brown would hurt like hell. This kid is a star in the making. I hope the rumor isn't true. I have heard comments about his academics from people at games. Is this an issue or does he just want to go big time?

Loosing Watt would also suck. He has a lot of talent. I'm not sure why he'd be going to a school like Wisconsin. It is much closer to home, but he'd be competing with All-Americans for playing time. I see they have a commit from a 4 star TE ranked #9 in the country. I'm sure they have another 3 of them on the bench already. I wouldn't blame him because he is under-utilized in our offense big time. The blame for this one would fall on the coaching staff.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2008 05:19 PM by HorseGlue.)
01-08-2008 05:17 PM
ChipFB Offline
2nd String

Wisconsin likes to use their TE's. Consider this years stats. Leading receiver is Travis Beckum...75 rec 982 yards 6 TD's (senior in 2008) and Garrett Graham...30 rec 328 yards 4 TD's (junior in 2008). JJ will obviously have to sit out 2008, however will have to compete with these new TE's in the 2008 recruiting class. He's got a pretty good looking chance.

Good luck to JJ Watt and his family.
01-08-2008 05:33 PM
JerrySeymoursParoleOfficer Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
HorseGlue Wrote:I agree. Losing Brown would hurt like hell. This kid is a star in the making. I hope the rumor isn't true. I have heard comments about his academics from people at games. Is this an issue or does he just want to go big time?

Loosing Watt would also suck. He has a lot of talent. I'm not sure why he'd be going to a school like Wisconsin. It is much closer to home, but he'd be competing with All-Americans for playing time. I see they have a commit from a 4 star TE ranked #9 in the country. I'm sure they have another 3 of them on the bench already. I wouldn't blame him because he is under-utilized in our offense big time. The blame for this one would fall on the coaching staff.

No offense to CMU's academic standards.... but if the kid can't make it academically at a MAC school, he won't make it at a big time school.

You guys have Harris and I think he'll be a stud. Not to mention Anderson is still there for two years.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2008 06:29 PM by JerrySeymoursParoleOfficer.)
01-08-2008 06:28 PM
Advertisement

Rowdylikewhat Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
I think it has been reported that Brown is back in Mount Pleasant so I think he is staying. He had to have done OK academically otherwise he wouldn't have been able to play in the bowl game. Losing Watt stinks. Hopefully Rocky Weaver can step up.
01-08-2008 09:19 PM
WarHawks Offline
Bench Warmer

Someone posted an article on CI that Watts is considering moving to the defensive side of the ball at Wisconsin.

Watt was one of this coaching staffs prize recruits. Thats got to hurt.

I agree that he wasn't used enough in the CMU offense. He showed real potential as a receiving threat. But, they didn't use his abilities enough imo.

Here's the article:

http://www.wissports.net/sports/football...?nid=14644
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2008 07:23 AM by WarHawks.)
01-09-2008 07:23 AM
HorseGlue Offline
2nd String

The link to the article doesn't work for me on CI or here. I get
ADODB.Field error '80020009'

Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

/sports/football/article.asp, line 0

Maybe they took it down? Ohh well.
01-09-2008 05:59 PM
Advertisement

Rowdylikewhat Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Same here.
01-09-2008 06:37 PM
WarHawks Offline
Bench Warmer

Hmmm... thats strange. The link worked yesterday. 03-confused
01-10-2008 07:53 AM
cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
is this any different sorta spin than all those who said BJ was losing the team midseason or was certain to be the next coach of WVa at the end of the season?
01-10-2008 03:10 PM
Advertisement

ToneCMU Offline
Water Engineer

aparently Brown is staying for now...but he isn't happy and has strongly considered transfering, the staff had to work like hell to keep him around...I don't know any more and I don't know any less...
01-11-2008 09:36 AM
cajunrajan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: cmu
Tone, I havent heard a thing about Antonio being unhappy. I've asked around, and heard that he is very content here. I wouldnt be worried about him. The only reason he was late getting back this semester was because he took a bus back from Miami; he cant exactly afford the cost of the plane ride, so the bus was a better option for him. AB should be here to stay, unless something bizarre were to happen.
01-11-2008 12:03 PM
Okie Chippewa Offline
All American

I Root For: The MAC
Here's another rumor. If you shake hands with an infidel, your ***** will fall off.

I swear the stuff that's put on message boards is amazing. Wonder what would happen if the posters had to show a photo of themselves, along with the name, address, phone number, and employer?
01-11-2008 08:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.