Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

blasts from the past: i'll start...
gruehls
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
blasts from the past: i'll start...
Quote:Post: #8 | RE: I'm back, let me clear something up

We'll see about that beatdown...it's definately possible. Southern Miss has one hell of a football team and a great head coach. You never know what's gonna happen.

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/showthread...pid2650775
01-06-2008 08:29 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: blasts from the past: i'll start...
Here are some fun quotes and Golden Oldies:

Plus, look at the makeup of the Big East: Rutgers, UConn, South Fla., Cincinnati, etc. Is there any doubt they'll lose their autobid soon enough? Or, if they manage to suck enough weenies to keep it, that it will help us as much as it helps them, because our champ will finish as high as theirs almost every year? [TuFinal4, 12-19-04]

The BCS 5 are just buying their time. They'll strip it from the Big Least as soon as they can do it and get away with it. [Catdaddy_2402, 12-20-04]

And based on history, it's highly doubtful whether there will be any more top 10 finishes out of the collection of BE schools [EdisonDoyle, 12-19-04]

The way I see it, by 2005 this race will already be dead even, then C-USA will begin to quickly pull ahead in level of football play largely because the possibility of the championship game will raise every team's level of play up a notch as it has done in the MAC. [Musical Fruit, Comparing BE to CUSA, 5-12-04]

I agree that by 2005m CUSA will be a better football conference as the NBE. CUSA improves with Louisville, USF and Cincy leaving. Louisville was a huge underachiever, with all that money and facilities, they never amounted to much. USF has never done anything and Cincy was just average at best.

Add Marshall, UCF, Rice and UTEP and I think you make this a better football conference. The future of CUSA is much brighter now. Pitt, WVU or Cuse will bolt the NBE soon for the Big 10. Watching their BCS bowl game will be like a college team playing a highschool team.
[South Tampa Knight, 5-12-04]

The Big East will in no way keep the BCS bid with the lineup they have. Cinn. and Looserville bring nothing in football to help keep it. [GoHerd17, 5-10-04]

The new Least will be lost in ACC fodder next fall, while CUSA builds itself to BCS status quickly. Lets wait and watch a few seasons folks...the New Least has nobody left in it except for Pitt. [Greenskeeper, 5-16-04]

Do you think the BE commish feels as good about replacing Miami, Va Tech and BC with Louisville, USF and Cincy as CUSA commish feels about replacing our former members with Marshall, UCF, Tulsa, UTEP, Rice and SMU? I think CUSA got the better end of that deal overall. [Hidden Dragon, 5-24-04]

Lets be honest, the NBE is going to be a joke. When they don't get a team to finish in the top 12, it will be worth what ever we have to put up with over here. The national media is just waiting for this to happen. When it does, it will be pay back time to all those old CUSA teams that think they left for higher ground. By the time the media is done with the story, the NBE will be just another mid major. [South Tampa Knight, 5-24-04]

The Big East *might* turn out to be a decent mid major conference. :laugh: [The Knight Time, 6-9-04]

Rutgers, Temple and Conneticut are at best, lower level non-BCS performing in football already.

Take those three pathetic football programs along with UofL, USF and Cindy, there is no way in hell WVU, Syracuse and Pitt can pull all those schools up to where they need to get to stay BCS. It just ain't going to happen folks.
[EagleRockCafe, 6-9-04]

Say the Big Least's auto-BCS bid is safe and secure all you want.....it's just whistling past teh graveyard. [Catdaddy_2402, 6-10-04]

“the Big East is no better than CUSA or the MAC. It will just take some time for the BE bozos to realize that too.” [The Knight Time, 7-17-04]

The Big East will be a Mid-Major very soon. [O’Leary Is God, 8-15-04]

With that said the reality of the situation is that the BCS is the way it is right now. The Big East will be losing its spot, no if ands or buts about it. [River City Pirate, 9-23-04]

In 4 years, the idea of Memphis jumping from C-USA to the Big East will be laugher! [USM@FTL, 10-3-04]

the Big East will be one of the better, maybe the best in most years but not by much, mid-major football conferences but nothing more than that. [Charles, 10-4-04]

And, of course, a separate section for some of TopKook's greatest gems:

The new CUSA has such a much better upside than the NBE
[TopCoog, 8-16-04]

Don't be suprised if the WAC isn't as good as the NBE if they can hold their membership for three or four years. [TopCoog, 8-16-04]

I don't know about destroy but clealy CUSA is the 6th strongest league in terms of the programs it has. [TopCoog, 8-16-04]

Everyone has known that league is doomed. They lost their only good teams and replaced them with no names. [TopCoog, 9-23-04]

No sane person believes that the NBE as it will be constructed next year could possibly hold that autobid. Three at large teams would make much more sense and it would open the process up to all of us. They are setting the stage for easing them out the door. [TopCoog, 10-22-04]

there should be only five auto bids with the Big East bid becoming an at large bid. That would put the rest of us competing for three spots instead of two. A league as weak as the NBE will not be able to justify an autobid for long. [TopCoog, 11-8-04]

Five years from now the NBE will be a MAC level league at best and will depend on their strong basketball for survival. [TopCoog, 1-3-05]
01-07-2008 12:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
Boy, I got a few good laughs from those idiot prophets. Everyone of them are totally stupid.03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao
01-07-2008 03:12 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia
cuseroc Wrote:Boy, I got a few good laughs from those idiot prophets. Everyone of them are totally stupid.03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

Some more so than others. Speaking of which, where HAS TopKook been lately. NCAABBS isn't the same without his particular brand of idiocy.
01-07-2008 04:45 PM
Advertisement

gruehls
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
wvucrazed Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:Boy, I got a few good laughs from those idiot prophets. Everyone of them are totally stupid.03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

Some more so than others. Speaking of which, where HAS TopKook been lately. NCAABBS isn't the same without his particular brand of idiocy.

can't top that wvu, but keep 'em coming.

the cusa posters here have established a monument to the stupidity of the wannabes.
01-07-2008 06:04 PM
Quote this message in a reply
LaRue777 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU,ECU,MI
Quote:The way I see it, by 2005 this race will already be dead even, then C-USA will begin to quickly pull ahead in level of football play largely because the possibility of the championship game will raise every team's level of play up a notch as it has done in the MAC. [Musical Fruit, Comparing BE to CUSA, 5-12-04]
Ding Ding Ding
01-09-2008 06:16 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
wvucrazed Wrote:I agree that by 2005m CUSA will be a better football conference as the NBE. CUSA improves with Louisville, USF and Cincy leaving. Louisville was a huge underachiever, with all that money and facilities, they never amounted to much. USF has never done anything and Cincy was just average at best.

Add Marshall, UCF, Rice and UTEP and I think you make this a better football conference. The future of CUSA is much brighter now. Pitt, WVU or Cuse will bolt the NBE soon for the Big 10. Watching their BCS bowl game will be like a college team playing a highschool team.
[South Tampa Knight, 5-12-04]

Lets be honest, the NBE is going to be a joke. When they don't get a team to finish in the top 12, it will be worth what ever we have to put up with over here. The national media is just waiting for this to happen. When it does, it will be pay back time to all those old CUSA teams that think they left for higher ground. By the time the media is done with the story, the NBE will be just another mid major. [South Tampa Knight, 5-24-04]

The Big East *might* turn out to be a decent mid major conference. :laugh: [The Knight Time, 6-9-04]

i dunno it's awfully hard to root against these gems 03-lmfao
01-30-2008 11:04 PM
Advertisement

Fubar Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: The Red & Black
Absolutely classic! Great find.:ncaabbs::ncaabbs::ncaabbs:04-cheers
06-03-2008 08:29 PM
SoMissFan88 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Southern Miss
Uh....has the Big East won a div. 1 game yet this year?....ROTFLOL....Now who's the idiots?
09-01-2008 01:10 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
SoMissFan88 Wrote:Uh....has the Big East won a div. 1 game yet this year?....ROTFLOL....Now who's the idiots?

Do you really want to start talking crap now, after 1 week of the season?
09-01-2008 01:17 PM
Advertisement

OSUofL Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
SoMissFan88 Wrote:Uh....has the Big East won a div. 1 game yet this year?....ROTFLOL....Now who's the idiots?

yay, you beat Southern. Kill yourself
09-01-2008 05:58 PM
SoMissFan88 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Southern Miss
add another loss for the little yeast.....an at home slaughter to a west coast team...Fresno.....ROTFLOL!.....Priceless!
09-01-2008 06:37 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
I have to say, the Southern Miss fans astound me on this site. They continually come back around and talk crap about the Big East, and time after time the BE comes around and proves them wrong.

I have a good feeling that SoMissFan88 is one of our old buddies, such as Goldballs, Eagle in Yune or Eagle Ghost. Anybody with me?

Edit: Hah, after checking out his rep points it looks like he is Goldballs son! I suggest you keep your nose clean, as your family history is not exactly good around here.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2008 06:47 PM by mlb.)
09-01-2008 06:45 PM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
BTW, where were you back in December after Cincinnati beat USM in Birmingham, SoMissFan88?
09-01-2008 06:45 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
SoMissFan88 Wrote:add another loss for the little yeast.....an at home slaughter to a west coast team...Fresno.....ROTFLOL!.....Priceless!

Go play in traffic and Dodge Rams
09-01-2008 06:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.