Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hey USU,SJSU and NMSU
Bookmark and Share
nwp Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Hey USU,SJSU and NMSU
I saw that you all received a letter from the NCAA that you need to raise your actual attendance to over 15,000 per game. This is not intended to be a dig, we all want you guys to be successful, I'm just curious if your athletic departments have come up with a solid plan or do you have a home schedule that will get you to that attendance goal. At any rate, best of luck with exceeding the 15,000 per game attendance requirement.
08-13-2006 01:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Slapdad Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Do what UNLV does.....lie.
08-13-2006 01:59 PM
aggiesports Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Re: Hey USU,SJSU and NMSU
nwp Wrote:I saw that you all received a letter from the NCAA that you need to raise your actual attendance to over 15,000 per game. This is not intended to be a dig, we all want you guys to be successful, I'm just curious if your athletic departments have come up with a solid plan or do you have a home schedule that will get you to that attendance goal. At any rate, best of luck with exceeding the 15,000 per game attendance requirement.

You don't want to hear what I have to say, so I will let ejm or erda, or someone esle chime in for the Aggies. I'll just say that an article came out this past week about it and our AD said they had launched a campaign to get it done. A campaign that mysteriously nobody knows about. A campaign that has a logo, that the AD hasn't explained. A Campaign that offered ticket packages....2 days ago....it's AUGUST for hell's sake! I'm stopping now. You have no idea how pissed I am about the piss poor marketing USU puts towards football. It makes me sick! Let's put it this way, in the same article, our AD said to the effect, well we have Utah at home and that will be a sellout so that should be enough to average the 15,000....what a JOKE!
08-13-2006 02:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aggiesports Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
nwp Wrote:I saw that you all received a letter from the NCAA that you need to raise your actual attendance to over 15,000 per game. This is not intended to be a dig, we all want you guys to be successful, I'm just curious if your athletic departments have come up with a solid plan or do you have a home schedule that will get you to that attendance goal. At any rate, best of luck with exceeding the 15,000 per game attendance requirement.

Utah State Fans Take found here: http://mb4.scout.com/futahstatefrm3.show...7520.topic
08-13-2006 02:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BigDog13 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
aggiesports Wrote:

You don't want to hear what I have to say, so I will let ejm or erda, or someone esle chime in for the Aggies. I'll just say that an article came out this past week about it and our AD said they had launched a campaign to get it done. A campaign that mysteriously nobody knows about. A campaign that has a logo, that the AD hasn't explained. A Campaign that offered ticket packages....2 days ago....it's AUGUST for hell's sake! I'm stopping now. You have no idea how pissed I am about the piss poor marketing USU puts towards football. It makes me sick! Let's put it this way, in the same article, our AD said to the effect, well we have Utah at home and that will be a sellout so that should be enough to average the 15,000....what a JOKE!

Does you A.D. moonlight at Tech?? Is his name Jim Oakes?
08-13-2006 03:02 PM
SpartaRick Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: San Jose State
SJSU
In the short term, there is no way we miss the 15,000 cutoff this year. We have a great home schedule with Stanford, San Diego State, Boise State and CSU/Fresno visiting Spartan Stadium. Additionally, in the long term, we have increased our athletics' budget significantly. The department is doing a lot of marketing in print, on television and by getting out there to the community. If we can be competitive, we may start to put this attendance issue behind us.
08-13-2006 04:59 PM
ejmpalle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Utah State
aggiesports Wrote:

AggieSports is dead on. Our athletic department's attempt at improving marketing is a 2 for 1 deal they've sent out in an alumni newsletter that many people aren't going to pay a lot of attention to. There is no marketing at USU right now. Our best bet to get 15,000 ACTUAL attendance (butts in seats, not tickets sold or some other mumbo jumbo that other schools are reporting) is to win the Wyoming game.

And, btw, even our actual attendance is underestimated. 04-chairshot
08-13-2006 05:38 PM
Advertisement

BobWilson Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
You might wonder how Idaho makes the requirement..........
.......playing in a 16 K stadium and the place is often no more than 75% filled. Idaho reports tickets sold (at any price). USU reports butts in seats and does a poor job in doing that, IMO. According to the Idaho AD, Dr. Spear, tickets sold is within NCAA regs. Apples and Oranges.
08-13-2006 07:55 PM
johnnylightnin Offline
Huh?

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
BigDog13 Wrote:Does you A.D. moonlight at Tech?? Is his name Jim Oakes?

:domokun:
08-13-2006 08:44 PM
erdaaggie Offline
2nd String

I Root For: USU

I actutally don't think that any team is on probation yet, I think the letter was sent out to notify what would happen if they fell at the end of this year. I'm think that Jay Hinton may have made a few errors in his article. (It does happen.)

Here is what I am referring to.

http://www.ncaasports.com/story/8429299

Quote:The board adopted emergency legislation to allow schools to meet the criteria with a minimum average of 15,000 in actual attendance at home football games over a two-year period or an average of 15,000 in paid attendance at all home games.

The NCAA relaxed the rule because the MAC complained.

So according to this release USU shouldn't even be on probation yet. They have another year to try to get the TWO-YEAR attendance up to 15,000 people. USU had 54,482 people at the 5 home games. They have 5 more this year, barring another Hurricane Katrina. If they can get 95,518 people to the 5 games this year, they shouldn't be on probation at all. That is an average of 19,104 fans. It does seem unlikely if they count the same way as last year, but if the team were to upset Utah or BYU and win at Wyoming, I don't think it is out of the question.

USU will meet the requirements for 15,000 this year because the game with Utah is in Logan. That is usually a sellout so it should bring the average up enough.
08-13-2006 10:34 PM
Advertisement

aggiesports Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

erdaaggie Wrote:I actutally don't think that any team is on probation yet, I think the letter was sent out to notify what would happen if they fell at the end of this year. I'm think that Jay Hinton may have made a few errors in his article. (It does happen.)

Here is what I am referring to.

http://www.ncaasports.com/story/8429299

Quote:The board adopted emergency legislation to allow schools to meet the criteria with a minimum average of 15,000 in actual attendance at home football games over a two-year period or an average of 15,000 in paid attendance at all home games.

The NCAA relaxed the rule because the MAC complained.

So according to this release USU shouldn't even be on probation yet. They have another year to try to get the TWO-YEAR attendance up to 15,000 people. USU had 54,482 people at the 5 home games. They have 5 more this year, barring another Hurricane Katrina. If they can get 95,518 people to the 5 games this year, they shouldn't be on probation at all. That is an average of 19,104 fans. It does seem unlikely if they count the same way as last year, but if the team were to upset Utah or BYU and win at Wyoming, I don't think it is out of the question.

USU will meet the requirements for 15,000 this year because the game with Utah is in Logan. That is usually a sellout so it should bring the average up enough.

SWEET!!! I can see the headlines now! Uof U helps Utah State avoid probation with sellout road game!

It's a joke!

1 of 2 things will happen this year erda....and you know it......
A. USU counts tickets SOLD and clears the 15,000 mark by a hair....

2. We lose to Wyoming, go 0-4 OOC and end up with 10,000 ave. And that is with the AD changing sides and counting like everyone else counts.

RS "chose poorly". Thanks Randy, you will live in USU history as the MAN who counted every seat personaly and declared to the media we seat 25,000 not 30,000. Thanks Randy. You are TRUE BLUE! You're also an IDIOT!!!!!
08-14-2006 09:08 PM
DoubleAggie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

erdaaggie Wrote:USU will meet the requirements for 15,000 this year because the game with Utah is in Logan. That is usually a sellout so it should bring the average up enough.

I assume you guys stagger BYU/Utah home and away
in the same way NMSU staggers UTEP/UNM.

So, Utah out draws BYU in Logan?
08-15-2006 12:05 AM
ejmpalle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Utah State
Re
DoubleAggie Wrote:
erdaaggie Wrote:USU will meet the requirements for 15,000 this year because the game with Utah is in Logan. That is usually a sellout so it should bring the average up enough.

I assume you guys stagger BYU/Utah home and away
in the same way NMSU staggers UTEP/UNM.

So, Utah out draws BYU in Logan?

BYU games usually outdraw Utah games. BYU hasn't played in Logan in a few years, because BYU/Utah St dropped the series.
08-15-2006 11:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.