5. ACC
6. Big XII
7. WAC
8. MWC
9. C-USA
10. MAC
11. Sunbelt
07-31-2006 06:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jediwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For:

1. SEC
2. Big Ten
3. Pac-10
4. BE
5. ACC
6 Big 12
7. WAC
8. MWC
9. C-USA
10. MAC
11. Sunbelt
07-31-2006 11:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
johnnylightnin Offline
Huh?

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

Are we talkin' about football or basketball? Louisville and WV are great, but they are all there is in the Big East

1. SEC
2. Big 10
3. ACC
4. Big 12
5. Pac-10
6. BE
7. WAC
8. MWC
9. CUSA
10.MAC
11.Belt
07-31-2006 11:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SpartaRick Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: San Jose State
Rankings
1. SEC
2. ACC
3. Big 10/11
4. Pac-10
5. Big 12
6. WAC
7. Big East
8. C-USA
9. MWC
10. MAC
11. Sun Belt

Poor Eldermars. He always slips in his agenda.
07-31-2006 11:47 AM
WAC_FAN Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Baseball Genius

Yeah the Big East so high in football? I aadmit I haven't been following them too much in the off-season but that would be a drastic improvement over last year.
07-31-2006 11:48 AM
Advertisement

johnnylightnin Offline
Huh?

Re: Rankings
SpartaRick Wrote:Poor Eldermars. He always slips in his agenda.

Slippin' in the MWC in a non-BCS league by itself... lmfao

What a freakin' joke?!
07-31-2006 03:40 PM
eldermars Offline
2nd String

I Root For: BYU
First, what is my agenda? Second, how did I show it?
-----
I kind of changed things around as I went. I originally had the Big Ten at #1 because Ohio State is the #1 National Championship contender, but there's a drop-off after them. Penn State lost a lot, and Michigan was badly overrated last year. Northwestern's coach died, and Wisconsin/Minnesota lost their amazing running backs.

The SEC will play in the National Championship his year (unless Notre Dame slips in it). They have 4 very strong schools with Florida (my bet, beat Florida State 35-7), LSU (beat Miami 40-3), Auburn (slightly over-rated), and Georgia (beat Boise State by 35 but lost their quarterback). South Carolina is also very good, and Alabama's defense brings it (like in their win over Texas Tech last year).

BE- I was planning on putting them 6th before I focused at the very top. The Big east is VERY weak at the bottom (Cincinatti and Syracuse, and even way over-hyped Pitt), but is actually under-rated in the middle (South Florida, Rutgers- who went toe-to-toe with Arizona State, and UConn). West Virginia and Louisville could have a combined 1-loss between them this year. Their SOS will be weak (minus a win over Miami), but either could slip into the NC game if they are undefeated and one or none of the PowerFive are.

Again, I originally had the Big XII just above the PAC-10 because Texas beat USC (both lost their starting QB since then), but then again I see Baylor, Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, and Iowa State all losing to different non-BCS opponents this year. OU was overrated last season due to Adrien Peterson (they started Top 5 and ended with 4 losses). They will be the same this season. Nebraska is improving, but they aren't NC material. I think that Texas Tech will win the conference, and they may not even be better than TCU. Still, the media wants to hype these guys.

In the PAC-10, USC will reload faster than Texas thanks to their system (not some freak athlete). Cal is a great team with Marshawn Lynch as a Heisman candidate, and is a NC darkhorse. Arizona State has the offense to beat anyone in the nation. Oregon is a good team, and UCLA will see some drop-off. Their bowl results from last season will really hurt them when it comes to the media last year (USC lost to Texas, Oregon lost to Oklahoma).

And again, I just see the ACC taking two steps back this year. Florida State won with 4 losses last season, and very little offense to speak of. Miami replaces almost every assistant coach, and has very little offense to speak of. Boston College lost Blackmon and Kiwanuka. Virginia Tech lost Vick (they will suffer Texas-syndrome, but worse). Georgia Tech and Clemson are extremely over-rated. No team in the entire conference can win a scoring battle, though all play tough defense and the conference is very solid through-out.

The MWC has TCU, Utah, and BYU (the Baylor, Texas Tech, UCLA, Boise State, Arizona, Tulsa, and Boston College games are going to be a big deal for how our conference winds up). Those are 3 legit Top 25 teams. The WAC has Boise State (will beat Oregon State and Wyoming, needs to beat Utah to bust the BCS... set-up for a great year), Nevada (who has to beat Northwestern and Colorado State and will get killed by Arizona State), Fresno State (who will lose to Oregon, beat Washington, kill CSU, and get killed by LSU), and Hawaii (needs to play Alabama close and beat Purdue and Pitt). C-USA has Central Florida set to have a great year picking off bottom-rung Big east teams. Tulsa will be good again, and UTEP will be good again (big games for them against SDSU and New Mexico). Memphis could make some noise OOC. In the MAC, Miami(Ohio) plays 4 winnable games against the BCS, Toledo plays 3, and Akron could go 2-1 against the Big Boys. Miami(OH) and Toledo have a shot to bust the BCS if TCU, Boise State, Utah, BYU, and Central Florida don't make it.

The Sunbelt sucks.
07-31-2006 03:47 PM
Juice752 Offline
2nd String

eldermars Wrote:
First, what is my agenda? Second, how did I show it?
-----
I kind of changed things around as I went. I originally had the Big Ten at #1 because Ohio State is the #1 National Championship contender, but there's a drop-off after them. Penn State lost a lot, and Michigan was badly overrated last year. Northwestern's coach died, and Wisconsin/Minnesota lost their amazing running backs.

The SEC will play in the National Championship his year (unless Notre Dame slips in it). They have 4 very strong schools with Florida (my bet, beat Florida State 35-7), LSU (beat Miami 40-3), Auburn (slightly over-rated), and Georgia (beat Boise State by 35 but lost their quarterback). South Carolina is also very good, and Alabama's defense brings it (like in their win over Texas Tech last year).

BE- I was planning on putting them 6th before I focused at the very top. The Big east is VERY weak at the bottom (Cincinatti and Syracuse, and even way over-hyped Pitt), but is actually under-rated in the middle (South Florida, Rutgers- who went toe-to-toe with Arizona State, and UConn). West Virginia and Louisville could have a combined 1-loss between them this year. Their SOS will be weak (minus a win over Miami), but either could slip into the NC game if they are undefeated and one or none of the PowerFive are.

Again, I originally had the Big XII just above the PAC-10 because Texas beat USC (both lost their starting QB since then), but then again I see Baylor, Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, and Iowa State all losing to different non-BCS opponents this year. OU was overrated last season due to Adrien Peterson (they started Top 5 and ended with 4 losses). They will be the same this season. Nebraska is improving, but they aren't NC material. I think that Texas Tech will win the conference, and they may not even be better than TCU. Still, the media wants to hype these guys.

In the PAC-10, USC will reload faster than Texas thanks to their system (not some freak athlete). Cal is a great team with Marshawn Lynch as a Heisman candidate, and is a NC darkhorse. Arizona State has the offense to beat anyone in the nation. Oregon is a good team, and UCLA will see some drop-off. Their bowl results from last season will really hurt them when it comes to the media last year (USC lost to Texas, Oregon lost to Oklahoma).

And again, I just see the ACC taking two steps back this year. Florida State won with 4 losses last season, and very little offense to speak of. Miami replaces almost every assistant coach, and has very little offense to speak of. Boston College lost Blackmon and Kiwanuka. Virginia Tech lost Vick (they will suffer Texas-syndrome, but worse). Georgia Tech and Clemson are extremely over-rated. No team in the entire conference can win a scoring battle, though all play tough defense and the conference is very solid through-out.

The MWC has TCU, Utah, and BYU (the Baylor, Texas Tech, UCLA, Boise State, Arizona, Tulsa, and Boston College games are going to be a big deal for how our conference winds up). Those are 3 legit Top 25 teams. The WAC has Boise State (will beat Oregon State and Wyoming, needs to beat Utah to bust the BCS... set-up for a great year), Nevada (who has to beat Northwestern and Colorado State and will get killed by Arizona State), Fresno State (who will lose to Oregon, beat Washington, kill CSU, and get killed by LSU), and Hawaii (needs to play Alabama close and beat Purdue and Pitt). C-USA has Central Florida set to have a great year picking off bottom-rung Big east teams. Tulsa will be good again, and UTEP will be good again (big games for them against SDSU and New Mexico). Memphis could make some noise OOC. In the MAC, Miami(Ohio) plays 4 winnable games against the BCS, Toledo plays 3, and Akron could go 2-1 against the Big Boys. Miami(OH) and Toledo have a shot to bust the BCS if TCU, Boise State, Utah, BYU, and Central Florida don't make it.

The Sunbelt sucks.

You are out of your mind.

First Big Ten will be better than ever this year. Ohio State is the best team in the country (and that is hard for me to admit because outside of Tech, Michigan is my favorite school). With that said Penn State and Michigan are both also top 10 teams.

SEC will not be in the national championship game this year. How do I know? No team stands out as great. LSU is greatly overrated and they have the meltdown known as Les Miles as their coach. Florida would be the best bet because they actually have some hype for this year but that end of the season loss to Florida State is going to kill them. Still the top half as a whole is beter than B12 and ACC (whose top teams are better).

Big XII is still down. OU will be slightly better and Texas will be slightly worse but B12N still will hurt their conference rankings. However with all of that Big XII is still better than Big East.

ACC. Florida State. Miami. Need I say more? Florida State is my sleeper pick to appear in the national title game. If they get by Miami the first week then it should be easy pickings until Florida.

Pac 10 is still the USC show. Leinart, Bush, and White are gone but I hear they still have some pretty good recievers and will always have great recruiting classes. UCLA should play closer this year and might even beat them.

Big East. Really all they got is West Virginia and that is a very good team. But don't give into the hype of last year's Sugar Bowl. The Big East is still the worst BCS conference.

WAC. Boise State should finish the season ranked but they will still miss the BCS due to an early home loss to Tech (I might be calling this upset a year too early). The WAC will also pickup some great OOC wins against the BCS. Fresno beating LSU should be the most publicized victory.

MWC...please. TCU is the only school that has a chance to be ranked at the end of the season. BYU, Utah, whoever still are not good enough. The top half of the WAC is a lot better than the top half of MWC. Sooner or later you may get that.

Now I am about to take this a step further. Time to pick a national champ. We shall see how this works out. I called the national title game last year (even picking Texas to win it all). So for now I say it will be a rematch of last year's Fiesta Bowl. Ohio State over Notre Dame.
07-31-2006 06:04 PM
wolf pack 1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I really don't see those power conferences out there anymore. I think you have the BIg 10 because you are going to have Ohio St there then if Penn St can bring it together again for another season, you have Michigan, then I think you may have to watch out for Wisconsin this year and possibly Northwestern doing well.

I think the national championship this year will really be a toss up because I don't see those big teams coming out of the gate to challenge this year as in past years. This could be a very competitve year. However like I said picking one I would have to put Big 10 up top with SEC probably second and ACC third.
07-31-2006 06:38 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Re: Rank the Conferences
eldermars Wrote:
My 2006 Rankings:

1. SEC: Top Tier- Florida, LSU, Auburn, Georgia
2. Big east: Top Tier- Louisville, West Virginia
3. Big Ten: Top Tier- Ohio State

---------------
4. PAC-10: Middle Tier- Cal, Arizona State, USC, Oregon
5. Big XII: Middle Tier- Texas Tech, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas
6. ACC: Middle Tier- Miami, Boston College, Florida State, Virginia Tech
---------------
7. MWC: Lower Tier- TCU, Utah, BYU
---------------
8. WAC: Team(s) of Note- Boise State, Nevada, Fresno State, Hawaii
9. C-USA: Team(s) of Note- Central Florida, UTEP, Tulsa, Memphis, Marshall
10. MAC: Team(s) of Note- Toledo, Miami(Ohio), Akron, Ball State
---------------
11. Sunbelt

1. SEC
2. Big 10
3. ACC
4. Pac 10
5. Big 12
6. BE
7. CUSA
8. MWC
9. WAC
10. MAC
11. sunbelt
07-31-2006 08:28 PM
Advertisement

nvspuds Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

1. The WAC...it's the only one I care about...
2. Almost every other conference in a tie
3. All of 1AA
last.... MWC
07-31-2006 08:46 PM
Aggzrule Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Re: Rank the Conferences
1. SEC
2. ACC
3. Big 10
4. Big 12
5. PAC 10
6. MWC
7. WAC
8. Big East
9. MAC
10. CUSA
11. Sun Belt
07-31-2006 09:24 PM
eldermars Offline
2nd String

Juice752 Wrote:First Big Ten will be better than ever this year. Ohio State is the best team in the country (and that is hard for me to admit because outside of Tech, Michigan is my favorite school). With that said Penn State and Michigan are both also top 10 teams.

SEC will not be in the national championship game this year. How do I know? No team stands out as great. LSU is greatly overrated and they have the meltdown known as Les Miles as their coach. Florida would be the best bet because they actually have some hype for this year but that end of the season loss to Florida State is going to kill them. Still the top half as a whole is beter than B12 and ACC (whose top teams are better).

Big XII is still down. OU will be slightly better and Texas will be slightly worse but B12N still will hurt their conference rankings. However with all of that Big XII is still better than Big East.

ACC. Florida State. Miami. Need I say more? Florida State is my sleeper pick to appear in the national title game. If they get by Miami the first week then it should be easy pickings until Florida.

Pac 10 is still the USC show. Leinart, Bush, and White are gone but I hear they still have some pretty good recievers and will always have great recruiting classes. UCLA should play closer this year and might even beat them.

Big East. Really all they got is West Virginia and that is a very good team. But don't give into the hype of last year's Sugar Bowl. The Big East is still the worst BCS conference.

WAC. Boise State should finish the season ranked but they will still miss the BCS due to an early home loss to Tech (I might be calling this upset a year too early). The WAC will also pickup some great OOC wins against the BCS. Fresno beating LSU should be the most publicized victory.

MWC... please. TCU is the only school that has a chance to be ranked at the end of the season. BYU, Utah, whoever still are not good enough. The top half of the WAC is a lot better than the top half of MWC. Sooner or later you may get that.

Now I am about to take this a step further. Time to pick a national champ. We shall see how this works out. I called the national title game last year (even picking Texas to win it all). So for now I say it will be a rematch of last year's Fiesta Bowl. Ohio State over Notre Dame.
We agree on Ohio State, but not the rest of that conference (like I mentioned, Wisconsin/Minnesota will be down without their top RBs, and Northwestern will be down without their head coach). How is 5-loss Michigan suddenly a Top 10 team, hmm?

The SEC WILL be in the National Championship game- It's gonna be huge! And you think that the ACC is somehow better at the top when LSU beat Miami 40-3 and Florida beat Florida State 35-7.? That's just silly. Miami lost 6 assistant coaches, FSU has no offense, Boston College lost their QB, top WR, and top DL, and Virginia Tech lost their super-QB. They take a step back at the top this year (and weren't that good last year). The ACC's overall strength is phenominal though (Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Clemson).

I don't like the Big XII either, but are Texas Tech/ Nebraska/ Oklahoma/ Texas really better than West Virginia/Louisville? I'm not sure... their records won't be as good though (both schedule weak). Both are extremely weak at the bottom as well... Kansas? Cincinatti?

You don't know what you are talking about with the PAC-10. Cal is leading the pack with Heisman candidate RB Marshawn Lynch. Arizona State will be up there, and Oregon as well. USC will do their best to come in 2nd. UCLA lost both their Quarterback and top Running Back.

Which Tech will Boise State lose to? None that I can imagine. Utah maybe. And Fresno will lose to LSU by 21+ and to Oregon by 10+. They will beat Washington. Woot.

The top of the MWC has been better than the top of the WAC since the top of the WAC left the bottom of the WAC behind in 1998. TCU will end ranked if they beat Texas Tech. Utah will end ranked if they beat UCLA. BYU will end ranked if they beat Boston College. Each has a better shot than anyone in the WAC but Boise State.

National Champ? Florida or LSU over Ohio State or Notre Dame. Undefeated or 1-loss West Virginia or Louisville barely miss the cut due to weak SOS. Big east fans whine like crazy. Neither Texas nor USC win their conference. Or Florida State.
08-01-2006 03:10 AM
johnnylightnin Offline
Huh?

eldermars Wrote:The top of the MWC has been better than the top of the WAC since the top of the WAC left the bottom of the WAC behind in 1998. TCU will end ranked if they beat Texas Tech. Utah will end ranked if they beat UCLA. BYU will end ranked if they beat Boston College. Each has a better shot than anyone in the WAC but Boise State.

That's weird cause the top of the WAC rarely, if ever, lost to SMU. If TCU beats Texas Tech, Utah beats UCLA and BYU (from out of nowhere) beats Boston College... lmfao

If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt when he jumps. I can play that ridiculous game as well. If Boise goes undefeated (they've got a better shot at that than any of your ridiculous ifs) they'll be in a BCS bowl. If Tech beats Clemson, Nebraska, and A&M, they'll be in the top 10. If BYU were as good as eldermars claimed, they'd be in the NFL. See how that works?
08-01-2006 06:32 AM
Juice752 Offline
2nd String

eldermars Wrote:
Juice752 Wrote:First Big Ten will be better than ever this year. Ohio State is the best team in the country (and that is hard for me to admit because outside of Tech, Michigan is my favorite school). With that said Penn State and Michigan are both also top 10 teams.

MWC... please. TCU is the only school that has a chance to be ranked at the end of the season. BYU, Utah, whoever still are not good enough. The top half of the WAC is a lot better than the top half of MWC. Sooner or later you may get that.

We agree on Ohio State, but not the rest of that conference (like I mentioned, Wisconsin/Minnesota will be down without their top RBs, and Northwestern will be down without their head coach). How is 5-loss Michigan suddenly a Top 10 team, hmm?

The SEC WILL be in the National Championship game- It's gonna be huge! And you think that the ACC is somehow better at the top when LSU beat Miami 40-3 and Florida beat Florida State 35-7.? That's just silly. Miami lost 6 assistant coaches, FSU has no offense, Boston College lost their QB, top WR, and top DL, and Virginia Tech lost their super-QB. They take a step back at the top this year (and weren't that good last year). The ACC's overall strength is phenominal though (Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Clemson).

I don't like the Big XII either, but are Texas Tech/ Nebraska/ Oklahoma/ Texas really better than West Virginia/Louisville? I'm not sure... their records won't be as good though (both schedule weak). Both are extremely weak at the bottom as well... Kansas? Cincinatti?

You don't know what you are talking about with the PAC-10. Cal is leading the pack with Heisman candidate RB Marshawn Lynch. Arizona State will be up there, and Oregon as well. USC will do their best to come in 2nd. UCLA lost both their Quarterback and top Running Back.

Which Tech will Boise State lose to? None that I can imagine. Utah maybe. And Fresno will lose to LSU by 21+ and to Oregon by 10+. They will beat Washington. Woot.

The top of the MWC has been better than the top of the WAC since the top of the WAC left the bottom of the WAC behind in 1998. TCU will end ranked if they beat Texas Tech. Utah will end ranked if they beat UCLA. BYU will end ranked if they beat Boston College. Each has a better shot than anyone in the WAC but Boise State.

National Champ? Florida or LSU over Ohio State or Notre Dame. Undefeated or 1-loss West Virginia or Louisville barely miss the cut due to weak SOS. Big east fans whine like crazy. Neither Texas nor USC win their conference. Or Florida State.

Ok you got me with the Pac 10 thing. Instead of UCLA getting second I meant Cal but USC is still the better team.

Why do you say Florida State has no offense? Their QB will be lights out for years to come and Florida State is always loaded with talent. Miami and Florida State will both be back from their DOWN years last year. Who cares how Miami did in a bowl game last year and don't forget the game between Florida State and Penn State (very good sign of things to come with that young team). In 2 years Florida State will be competing for the national title.

Tell me a sinlge SEC team that has any kind of star power to get them into the BCS title game. If an SEC team happens to go undefeated (which won't happen because it is the SEC) then they will have another Auburn. A one loss Notre Dame makes it in before undefeated SEC...sorry.

As for Michigan here is how they will be a top 10 team. A top QB with a top reciever and 2 very good very young runningbacks. They will lose to Ohio State and beat Penn State.
08-01-2006 12:53 PM
Advertisement

Juice752 Offline
2nd String

johnnylightnin Wrote:
eldermars Wrote:The top of the MWC has been better than the top of the WAC since the top of the WAC left the bottom of the WAC behind in 1998. TCU will end ranked if they beat Texas Tech. Utah will end ranked if they beat UCLA. BYU will end ranked if they beat Boston College. Each has a better shot than anyone in the WAC but Boise State.

That's weird cause the top of the WAC rarely, if ever, lost to SMU. If TCU beats Texas Tech, Utah beats UCLA and BYU (from out of nowhere) beats Boston College... lmfao

If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt when he jumps. I can play that ridiculous game as well. If Boise goes undefeated (they've got a better shot at that than any of your ridiculous ifs) they'll be in a BCS bowl. If Tech beats Clemson, Nebraska, and A&M, they'll be in the top 10. If BYU were as good as eldermars claimed, they'd be in the NFL. See how that works?

lmfao

Very well put Johnny. That is why you are my boy.
08-01-2006 12:55 PM
Benjiminer Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UTEP, CUSA
1. SEC
2. ACC
3. Big 10/11
4. Pac-10
5. Big 12
6. WAC
7. Big East
8. C-USA
9. MWC
10. MAC
11. Sun Belt

Poor Eldermars. He always slips in his agenda.[/quote]

The following is the most accurate conference ranking for 2006.

1. SEC
2. Big 10
3. ACC
4. PAC 10
5. BIG 12
6. BIG EAST
7. CUSA
8. WAC
9. Independents
10. MWC
11. MAC
12. Sun Belt
08-01-2006 06:02 PM
erdaaggie Offline
2nd String

I Root For: USU

WAC

Everyone else. ;-)

Seriously I think that the Sagarin ratings will be

1. Big 10
2. SEC
3. PAC-10
4. ACC
5. Big XII
6. Big East
7. MWC
8. WAC
9. MAC
10. C-USA
11. SBC
08-01-2006 10:53 PM
eldermars Offline
2nd String

Juice752 Wrote:Very well put Johnny. That is why you are my boy.
Cuz homers enjoy homers.

If TCU and Boise State are both undefeated, BSU doesn't make a BCS Bowl (sound familiar?). And if the Frogs beat OU last year, they can beat TT this year.

TCU has a better chance of beating Baylor than Boise State does beating Oregon State. BYU has a better chance of beating Arizona than Nevada does of beating Northwestern. Utah has a better chance of beating UCLA than Fresno State does of beating Oregon or Hawaii beating Alabama. BYU has a better chance of beating Boston College than Fresno beating LSU or Nevada beating Arizona State.
08-02-2006 02:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.