UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Herman Frazier is not an idiot...
UniteAllBlazers Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAfreaknB duh
Herman Frazier is not an idiot...
He definitely was not ready to deal with the "good ole boy" network and alabama politics but an idiot he is not.

1. He is a very educated and highly intelligent idividual who worked his way through the ranks to become an AD at two major universities.

2. Served on the olympic committee for serveral years.

3. Made one of the best decisions for UAB by getting rid of Murray.

4. Saw the writing on the wall and left UAB before the bot did all they could to make him in effective and ruin his International reputation.

5. Like it or not, his team is in a BCS bowl game and that's another notch under his belt. UAB is waiting 'til next year.

If he's an idiot then I would like to be one too. Did he make a bad business decision, it appears so, but does that make him an idiot, I think not.

GO BLAZERS!
12-08-2007 09:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HellBlazer Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB!
RE: Herman Frazier is not an idiot...
+1
12-08-2007 10:57 AM
dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
UniteAllBlazers Wrote:5. Like it or not, his team is in a BCS bowl game and that's another notch under his belt. UAB is waiting 'til next year.

Because that had a lot to do with him.
12-08-2007 11:52 AM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
UniteAllBlazers Wrote:He definitely was not ready to deal with the "good ole boy" network and alabama politics but an idiot he is not.

1. He is a very educated and highly intelligent idividual who worked his way through the ranks to become an AD at two major universities.

4. Saw the writing on the wall and left UAB before the bot did all they could to make him in effective and ruin his International reputation.

5. Like it or not, his team is in a BCS bowl game and that's another notch under his belt. UAB is waiting 'til next year.

If he's an idiot then I would like to be one too. Did he make a bad business decision, it appears so, but does that make him an idiot, I think not.

GO BLAZERS!

OK, so Herman's Mom has chimed in. Anybody else? 05-stirthepot03-lmfao
12-08-2007 11:56 AM
Advertisement

58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
<<1. He is a very educated and highly intelligent idividual who worked his way through the ranks to become an AD at two major universities.>>

And oversaw the Arizona State point-shaving scandal. Enforcement was his responsibility - this happened on Herman's asleep-at-the-switch watch.

<<2. Served on the olympic committee for serveral years.>>

This was his constant excuse for absentee job performance at UAB. The Salt Lake City scandal - again occuring on his watch - pretty much wipes away any prestige associated with the USOC. Of course, you could argue that the USOC has over 300 members and thus any one member is irrelevant, which would in turn raise the question of why Herman could not be spared from his Olympian duties to do his damned job here.

<<3. Made one of the best decisions for UAB by getting rid of Murray.>>

And embarrassed the university with his moronic introduction of Mike Anderson - detailing how he fumbled his first, second and third choices and how he screwed Lorenzo Romar. That mistakes happen and chances are lost is common and understood. That this buffoon said so out loud and in public is simple proof of idiocy.

<<4. Saw the writing on the wall and left UAB before the bot did all they could to make him in effective and ruin his International reputation.>>

Richard Scruchy told him to leave or be fired. Herman was never effective, and ruined his own reputation through his actions (or lack of them).

<<5. Like it or not, his team is in a BCS bowl game and that's another notch under his belt. UAB is waiting 'til next year.>>

UAB is still recovering from the smoking ruin left behind by Herman, who stumbled into June Jones IV - a genius who built the Warriors on a $50K/year recruiting budget. Google some of the Houston AD's comments on how Herman handled their last trip to the islands. Or some of the pics of Hawaii's current facilities - overseen by Herman.

Hawaii has succeeded despite Herman Frazier, not because of him. Herman's major activity the few times he was on the job at UAB appears to have consisted of going on that other board under an assumed name to debate me and claim that a. he was not an "iddiot" (his spelling) and that b. "Mr. Frazier has secret plan that you are not privy to."

Herman Frazier is the single worst thing that ever happened to UAB athletics.
12-08-2007 12:03 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
BlazerPhil Wrote:
UniteAllBlazers Wrote:He definitely was not ready to deal with the "good ole boy" network and alabama politics but an idiot he is not.

GO BLAZERS!

OK, so Herman's Mom has chimed in. Anybody else? 05-stirthepot03-lmfao

Damn.
03-lmfao
12-08-2007 12:22 PM
UniteAllBlazers Offline
Banned

A few thoughts come to mind...
1. Sour grapes taste bad
2. Takes more strength to lift someone up than to put them down.
3. You should remove the plank in your eye before pointing out the splender in another's eye.
4. Some people put down others to feel better about themselves

Just some things that come to mind.

Make the world a better place, start with the person in the mirror.

GO BLAZERS!
12-08-2007 08:16 PM
Advertisement

non registered user Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Been saying "start in the mirror" for a long, long time.

I would say, however, that for the betterment of UAB, Herman is in the rear-view mirror.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2007 08:23 PM by non registered user.)
12-08-2007 08:22 PM
UniteAllBlazers Offline
Banned

Flying Mouse Wrote:Been saying "start in the mirror" for a long, long time.

I would say, however, that for the betterment of UAB, Herman is in the rear-view mirror.

I would agree that Herman's leaving evenually lead to a better situation for UAB. But we had to endure Watson for more years than we should have. I believe Herman would not have hesitated to drop the ax on WB.

I also believe it lead to better situation for Herman. Everything happens a reason and the key is learning and moving on. The negative you discharge and the positives you magnify but above all keep your dignity because in the end thats all you control.

Calling a man of Herman's intelligents, accomplishments, and integrity, an idiot, causes me to question the accusers credibility.

We can always disagree, question ones decisions, point out flaws in a person's character but lets also give credit where it's do and stay above defaming a just man.
12-09-2007 11:17 AM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I'm just glad he's elsewhere. Same for Watson so far as that goes. I don't have any personal animosity, but I'm glad they're someone else's problem now.
12-09-2007 12:22 PM
Advertisement

BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, USNA
UniteAllBlazers Wrote:
Flying Mouse Wrote:Been saying "start in the mirror" for a long, long time.

I would agree that Herman's leaving evenually lead to a better situation for UAB. But we had to endure Watson for more years than we should have. I believe Herman would not have hesitated to drop the ax on WB.

I also believe it lead to better situation for Herman. Everything happens a reason and the key is learning and moving on. The negative you discharge and the positives you magnify but above all keep your dignity because in the end thats all you control.

Calling a man of Herman's intelligents, accomplishments, and integrity, an idiot, causes me to question the accusers credibility.

We can always disagree, question ones decisions, point out flaws in a person's character but lets also give credit where it's do and stay above defaming a just man.

Are you a UAB grad?
12-09-2007 01:25 PM
HSV_BLAZER Offline
Heisman

I Root For: #fireraywatts
UAB Band Dad Wrote:I'm just glad he's elsewhere. Same for Watson so far as that goes. I don't have any personal animosity, but I'm glad they're someone else's problem now.

That's really all that needs to be said.
12-09-2007 02:47 PM
MC Blazer Offline
Grand Dragon of Detroit

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk AwardDonators
I had a lot of conversations with Herman, and in general liked him, BUT, his dedication and commitment to his job as AD and UAB always bothered me. One conversation in particular: We actually could have had Oklahoma play us at Legion Field in 2002, but Watson asked Herman to cancel the game because UAB was playing FSU and Pitt early the year. This for the a-hole coach who scheduled this year's schedule. I raised hell, of course, to no effect. Herman was here to get to somewhere else.
12-10-2007 07:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.