Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If you wonder why....
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
If you wonder why....
....nobody takes UCiF fans seriously, follow the link below.

They are really drinking the koolaid in Orlando;

Enjoy!

Link: Fear and Loathing in Orlando
12-06-2007 11:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
RE: If you wonder why....
interesting... but the guy is just having fun trying to see how many usf fans get riled up. i saw a big 2 usf fans actually respond. he can't be that stupid, although i'm sure the kool-aid drinking gnats on this board probably believe it wholeheartedly. nothing says moral victory like getting 30 votes in the ap poll.
12-06-2007 11:53 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
there is stupid fans everywhere... orlando is no different.. fan=fanantic.. the fact U payed attention.. and had to reply on it .. puts U in that group.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2007 12:01 PM by goodknightfl.)
12-06-2007 12:00 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
Well...CBS's Dennis Dodd writes a column about his Top 3 Heisman votes and writes much of the article about UCF's Kevin Smith...and which team fans are the first ones to respond?

Yep...that's right...Cow College in North Tampa. (see link below for fans reaction of the column)

http://www.sportsline.com/mcc/messages/chrono/5160475
-----------

Here's what Dodd said in his Heisman ballot article that ticked off USF fans:

Record-busting is enough for a Heisman spot
Dec. 5, 2007
By Dennis Dodd
CBSSports.com Senior Writer

Kevin Smith. Yes, Kevin Smith.

Given that the Heisman race already has taken the low road, why not more controversy? Central Florida's magnificent tailback is on my Heisman ballot.

Florida's Tim Tebow is a "system" quarterback, according to Hawaii coach June Jones. I missed the system that has yet to develop another 20-rushing, 20-passing touchdown QB, but that's another story.

Might as well make it a full-fledged argument. I liked Smith because he did what Jones' quarterback did last season: Shatter records. Colt Brennan threw 58 touchdown passes last season and couldn't get a trip to New York.

Smith is now the No. 2 single-season rusher in history (2,448 yards). The junior needs 181 yards in the bowl game to surpass one Barry Sanders on the all-time list.

Don't think his season was manufactured against Conference USA competition. Well, most of it was, but in three games against BCS-conference teams, Smith averaged 140.3 yards. Against North Carolina State, he had 217 yards; against Texas, 149.

Wednesday being the deadline for Heisman ballots and this being my life, as usual I waited until the last minute.

Well, not the last minute, but I did wait until all the game were played before filling out my ballot. That's how Smith edged his way onto my ballot. A 284-yard, four-touchdown performance made him, to me, one of the best players in the country.

The rest of the guys you probably know ...

My 2007 ballot
1. Tim Tebow, sophomore, Florida: Being a sophomore shouldn't matter. My mind was pretty well made up on Oct. 6. Tebow was the best player on the field in a 28-24 loss to LSU.

Critics downgrade him for his "short" TD runs. That's the point. Florida doesn't have anyone else to make those "short" TD runs. What other offense could rely on its quarterback for 22 touchdown runs?

2. Chase Daniel, junior, Missouri: For most of the season Daniel ran the most explosive offense in the country. Only Oklahoma was able to hold the Tigers to less than 31 points.

In a year when the spread offense took over, Daniel was the most efficient general in the army. Third in completions, fifth in touchdowns, Daniel led the Tigers to their best season in 38 years.

3. Kevin Smith, junior, Central Florida: Five games of more than 200 yards. One of more than 300. Averaged 5.26 yards per carry against BCS-conference schools.

There is a reason a George O'Leary won 10 games, the Conference USA title and the admiration of his peers. O'Leary can recruit and this kid can run.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootbal...y/10514241
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2007 12:19 PM by KnightLight.)
12-06-2007 12:17 PM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

That was pretty damn funny! haha.

Best Lines:

They had their 15 minutes, and as fast as they got to 2 they were gone. We played the worst football possible vs. ECU and USF. But, it doesn't matter- UCF is plastered on ESPN and the best USF can do is publicize their idiot coach painting himself at a game. Start the countdown until Cyber Bull arrives to deliver full blown ignorance.

The UCiF thing is old and childish at this point. UCF has hoisted a championship trophy, something USF has never done, in CUSA or the Big East. You accuse of moral victories, but now that we have a championship trophy, the best you can do is make fun of Conference USA. Time to give up the UCiF thing. Perhaps we should start referring to USF as USiF given the familiar refrain of "if we played in CUSA, we'd have a trophy."

I'm really glad I started this thread or we'd never have quotes like this.
USF: "even people from Apopka can watch our game."

Hilarious. Thats why you should never go on an opposing team's message board. Hence, you won't find me on the USF board.
12-06-2007 12:54 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia
Alot of UCF fans are terrified by the progress USF has made, all the national attention the Bulls have received, and USF's status as an emerging power in a BCS conference.

They know that UCF is starting to become obscured by USF's shadow, and that such a pattern - once established - is hard to break.

Many at UCF are worried that they'll always be looked at as USF's "little brother" on the sports scene.

The fact that the Knights can't beat the Bulls - and in fact were completely demolished this year in Tampa - doesn't help calm their fears any.
12-06-2007 01:08 PM
Advertisement

st932253 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Knights
USFMike Wrote:interesting... but the guy is just having fun trying to see how many usf fans get riled up.

It is fun - but sometimes it is amazing. Like this thread making it here. I don't even have words...

[Image: gonefishin.jpg][/php]
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2007 01:35 PM by st932253.)
12-06-2007 01:19 PM
JerryTheRaceCarDriver Offline
2nd String

CyberBull Wrote:....nobody takes UCiF fans seriously, follow the link below.

They are really drinking the koolaid in Orlando;

Enjoy!

Link: Fear and Loathing in Orlando

Amazing, he can catch fish from more than one pond with just one fishing pole! He really does get some fantastic quotes from the USF fans with "small man" syndrome that reply though.

Funny thing is about this one, his post did sorta have a point. UCF has been getting more press than you guys have the past week or two...
12-06-2007 01:35 PM
JerryTheRaceCarDriver Offline
2nd String

wvucrazed Wrote:Alot of UCF fans are terrified by the progress USF has made, all the national attention the Bulls have received, and USF's status as an emerging power in a BCS conference.

They know that UCF is starting to become obscured by USF's shadow, and that such a pattern - once established - is hard to break.

Many at UCF are worried that they'll always be looked at as USF's "little brother" on the sports scene.

The fact that the Knights can't beat the Bulls - and in fact were completely demolished this year in Tampa - doesn't help calm their fears any.

We'll be fine. Considering we're recruiting on par with USF while not even having that BCS tag, plus our recruits are not the kind we have to worry about going to jail or testing postive for drugs, I think we'll be fine. Once we get our BCS tag in the next few years, we'll smoke them.

And don't kid yourself, if it were not for the welfare invite to the BCS that USF received, they would not even be close. They got lucky, and they need to enjoy it while it lasts.
12-06-2007 01:38 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
JerryTheRaceCarDriver Wrote:
wvucrazed Wrote:Alot of UCF fans are terrified by the progress USF has made, all the national attention the Bulls have received, and USF's status as an emerging power in a BCS conference.

We'll be fine. Considering we're recruiting on par with USF while not even having that BCS tag, plus our recruits are not the kind we have to worry about going to jail or testing postive for drugs, I think we'll be fine. Once we get our BCS tag in the next few years, we'll smoke them.

And don't kid yourself, if it were not for the welfare invite to the BCS that USF received, they would not even be close. They got lucky, and they need to enjoy it while it lasts.

Recruiting on par with USF is debatable. What is not debatable is that they are kicking your @$$ on the field.

All USF has to say is 64-12 and after 2008 they will not have to see you again. They have series signed with Miami and Oklahoma and have no real need to play UCF in Football.

After only 10 years of Football they have left you in the dust.
12-06-2007 01:47 PM
South Tampa Knight Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

You could not be more wrong. USF is a product of a BCS tag, that is it and even with it, USF can't seem to separate themselves from UCF in they eyes of the college football fan. There is a very good chance that UCF will end the season ranked higher than USF.

Facts are, what bothers usf fans the most is what UCF has managed to do without the BCS tag, yet USF can't seem to even raise enough money to build their own track. UCF fans know where UCF is headed, it will be a BCS school and I hardly doubt it will be a stretch for UCF to get into a BCS conference. UCF ranked 48th in total attendance this year, ahead of BCS schools:
Maryland
Miami
Colorado
Mississippi State
Boston College
Kansas State
Vandy
UCONN
Oregon State
Cuse
Oklahoma State
Louisville
Pitt
Baylor
Washington State
Wake Forest
Cincy
Northwestern
Duke

UCF is already working the expansion of the club seats and private suites. Recruiting is going tremendous, the phone is ringing off the hook for player tranfers, like four star RB's from Florida.

So tell me again why UCF is so "terrified" of USF. From where I stand, they are ranked two or three spots ahead of where UCF is right now. Yet usf has the BCS tag and UCF does not, so tell me who is scared of who?

Oh and Maize, when did USF sign a deal with Oklahoma? You should be more concerned about getting more Murry State's on your schedule.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2007 02:33 PM by South Tampa Knight.)
12-06-2007 02:27 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
South Tampa Knight Wrote:

You could not be more wrong. USF is a product of a BCS tag, that is it and even with it, USF can't seem to separate themselves from UCF in they eyes of the college football fan. There is a very good chance that UCF will end the season ranked higher than USF.

Facts are, what bothers usf fans the most is what UCF has managed to do without the BCS tag, yet USF can't seem to even raise enough money to build their own track. UCF fans know where UCF is headed, it will be a BCS school and I hardly doubt it will be a stretch for UCF to get into a BCS conference. UCF ranked 48th in total attendance this year, ahead of BCS schools:
Maryland
Miami
Colorado
Mississippi State
Boston College
Kansas State
Vandy
UCONN
Oregon State
Cuse
Oklahoma State
Louisville
Pitt
Baylor
Washington State
Wake Forest
Cincy
Northwestern
Duke

UCF is already working the expansion of the club seats and private suites. Recruiting is going tremendous, the phone is ringing off the hook for player tranfers, like four star RB's from Florida.

So tell me again why UCF is so "terrified" of USF. From where I stand, they are ranked two or three spots ahead of where UCF is right now. Yet usf has the BCS tag and UCF does not, so tell me who is scared of who?

Oh and Maize, when did USF sign a deal with Oklahoma? You should be more concerned about getting more Murry State's on your schedule.

If USF had played UCF's schedule, its very likely that USF would be undefeated with its only maybe, probable, hiccup being Texas. That would give USF an undefeated or one loss season, which would put USF somewhere in the top ten in the bcs poll, which is the most important poll.

If UCF had to play USF's schedule, you would not even be bowl eligible, much less getting any votes at all, in any polls. The only teams that you would have a good chance of beating would be against Cuse, UNC, Elon, and FL Int. The rest of the BE, you more than likely lose, and by large margins, as well as against Auburn.

So you may be close in the polls, if you want to call being ranked as opposed to not being ranked, close, USF is still on a way different playing field than UCF. You cant argue that. Bringing up Attendance and facilities issues has no place in this thread when it comes to on the field results. (BTW; regarding attendance, USF has it all over UCF there as well). In the end, thats really the only thing that matters is what have you done on the field?
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2007 03:16 PM by cuseroc.)
12-06-2007 03:10 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
LOL. After going 0-3 and getting blasted 64-12 and seeing USF still ranked in top 25 heading to Sun Bowl to play a Pac10 team, you must stir the kool aid well before you drink it. LOL
12-06-2007 04:40 PM
Special Teams

I Root For:
Hey cuse, how many IF's did you have in that post?

FACT is, there is a reason usf fans are so worried about UCF becoming BCS, and it will happen.
12-06-2007 05:21 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Enjoy the SEC03-lmfao03-lmfao
12-06-2007 05:26 PM
Special Teams

I Root For:
I'll stick with the ACC after FSU heads to the SEC. But then what would I know, hint, hint.
12-06-2007 05:32 PM
Advertisement

Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Ok Enjoy the ACC03-lmfao03-lmfao
12-06-2007 05:34 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
:uberbow: :uberbow: :uberbow: :uberbow: :uberbow:
Cubanbull Wrote:Enjoy the SEC03-lmfao03-lmfao
:
:uberbow: :uberbow: :uberbow: :uberbow: :uberbow:
12-06-2007 05:35 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
Cubanbull Wrote:Ok Enjoy the ACC03-lmfao03-lmfao
03-nutkick :spongebob: :spongebob: :spongebob: :spongebob: :spongebob:
12-06-2007 05:38 PM
Special Teams

I Root For:
Coming from a UL fan whos teams 15 minutes have clearly passed, I will take it for what it is worth.
12-06-2007 05:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.