11-24-2007 01:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Go Fly Win Owls! Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
RE: FAMU at KSU 11/24
I'll be there!

We need a victory, badly. I think there will be a good showing tonight and for the next game too. We didn't play that badly against Florida International but we just couldn't get over the hump. The officiating was horrible, touch fouls against us all night long. But alas it was another lesson for us.

Hopefully these next few games will get us ready to go to Las Vegas next month and have a better showing!
11-24-2007 07:50 AM
Corn_3024 Offline
Special Teams

Awesome first half. Wooten and Stegall played like they should and Jacobs continues to impress me. He's much better than I anticipated and thats huge for us. Any word on why JMack's action has been limited as of late?
11-24-2007 08:26 PM
Escalade2121 Offline
2nd String

I was not able to make it to the game tonight, I have Gametracker up right now though. But I do have a question. Does anyone know if 1230 or 1340 AM can be found online? I know all the games are broadcasted on SuperTalk, but when I am in my car or in my house or where ever I can never pick it up. I would love to be able to listen to the games. Can anyone help me? Or has anyone else had this problem? I have been searching but I cannot find anything. Has anyone found anywhere, not just SuperTalk where the games can be heard? Thanks.
11-24-2007 09:17 PM
Corn_3024 Offline
Special Teams

Second half was flat out sad. This team was not that good and we couldn't do anything well. Bad performance.
11-24-2007 09:39 PM
KennesawFan53 Offline
Water Engineer

How do you let a team of that caliber score 53 points in a half?! I wasn't there, but I followed it on gametracker and it seemed that everytime I looked at my computer, Pollock had turned it over again. I don't think they played as well in the second half as the first, but Ronnell and Shuan showed up and carried the team to have a chance to win. If we don't turn the ship around, this is gonna be long season.
11-24-2007 09:46 PM
Advertisement

Go Fly Win Owls! Offline
2nd String

I was there and it was sad. We completely stopped playing basketball as a team in the 2nd half on offense and defense.

Ingle is content to let Stegal and Wooten go 1 on 1 while everyone else stands around and watches. They didn't do that in the 1st half.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2007 12:04 AM by Go Fly Win Owls!.)
11-24-2007 11:15 PM
kr983 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
bad coaching... going flat after you are up 17 at half has to do with coaches keeping kids in the game..
11-24-2007 11:30 PM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Am I to understand that a kink has turned up in the otherwise flawless propoganda machine? Ingle being accused of bad coaching? It's not even december yet and you people are starting to unravel. Perk up! I want to hear positivity!
11-24-2007 11:37 PM
Quote this message in a reply
kr983 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
We will still beat ETSU lol
11-24-2007 11:38 PM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
That's more like it!
11-24-2007 11:54 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Corn_3024 Offline
Special Teams

I'd rather be talking about problems now than in conference play.
11-25-2007 01:11 AM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
Here is some unsolicited comments from an outside observer: Long term, you guys are going to be a strong mid-major program. Frankly, I am amazed how well you guys have done in your short D1 time. I think your first two years you overachieved and now all of the challenges of a transitioning D1 team--namely, inelgibility for the tournament--are showing. I think Ingle is an excellent recruiter and coach too, even though I think the guy is a little looney! You have the facilties, market, and all overall foundation to have an excellent athletics program.

As for this year, I wouldn't cash in the chips just yet. It's funny how a winning streak will change things around in a heartbeat. Last year we started 1-5 (or something like that) and ended having a great season.
11-25-2007 09:58 AM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
I think people have many of your same sentiments in mind bucfaithful. I've talked to coach about recruiting and he's says it's near impossible to recruit in a probationary period. On one occaision he was more than vocal about losing a player to GSU. It's frustrating for him just as it's frustrating for us watching the whole program be cut down to size by this transition. I don't agree with the probation period. Make it performance or attendance based kind of like soccer in europe, especially italy where the bottom teams drop and top teams bump up. That would mean too much leeway and calculations for america but it would make sense.

I don't think this is going to help our RPI and quite honestly, I'm not sure how much further than 296 we can go, but we won't finish there.

Good news is that this is still an extremely weak conference and we'll get our share of wins.
11-25-2007 11:05 AM
Corn_3024 Offline
Special Teams

I think the conference is getting stronger as a whole..if we don't improve with the rest of the conference things could get ugly. Keep in mind we're going to lose about 40% of our scoring to graduation..I can't emphasize enough how someone has to step up and contribue other than our seniors. Now the good news its early and Keonte has shown some promise. I just don't understand how he seems to vanish once the game gets going.
11-25-2007 03:54 PM
Go Fly Win Owls! Offline
2nd String

He vanishes and never comes back because the ball is not being shared enough.

I cannot emphasize enough that 5 players should touch the ball on every possession before a shot is taken, unless we are in transition.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2007 04:41 PM by Go Fly Win Owls!.)
11-25-2007 04:41 PM
Advertisement

Escalade2121 Offline
2nd String

I have been reading on these boards, and I must say that I agree with much of what is being said. That was indeed a ridiculous loss. Not only did we blow a 17-point halftime lead, FAMU hadn't won a game!! I feel a game like this can either make or break a season. I know it is still early and there is a lot of basketball left to be played, but let me explain. We have a young team (2 seniors--wooten and stegall). This game can either leave a bad taste in our mouths and come out firing from here on out. Or, being so young, we could get down and it could have negative effects and be a long rest of the season. The best medicine for our team would have been turning around and playing another game within a couple of days from the tough loss. However, the Owls are off until Dec 8. I understand we are playing Clark Atlanta, but psychologically will this loss carry any weight later on in the season when we play conference, meaningful games. Maybe it is a stretch, which it probably is, but just a thought. anyone want to add anything?
11-26-2007 08:25 AM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
Coach is an optomist. If there was ever a time for optomism, it'd be now. That's about the only thing I have to add.
11-26-2007 09:22 AM
KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
Didn't see the game online, but it sounds like it was a tough one. Not too much positive to say right now about our play, but still optimistic for the future. To be honest, these are the sort of struggles that every new Division I school has, and we have been fortunate to be shielded from them up to this point. Team seems to really be searching for an identity. I really think this team is having a hard time without Ingle at point. He seemed to get everyone involved at the expense of his personal statistics. Wooten and Stegall aren't catalysts they are scorers. This team is searching for someone to distribute the ball.

We are still extremely young (2 seniors, 1 junior) on the team. Sounds like our defense really needs to step up right now. As far as 5 people touching the ball on every possession - that isn't really relevant to current collegiate basketball. Kennesaw isn't Hoosiers. You do what needs to be done to win the game. With this young team if we had a standard motion offense (where everyone passes, screens, and cuts) we would turn the ball over even more than we already do. I am not saying that we don't move the ball, but to put some sort of 5 pass mandate on an offense is a bit naive.

We need to do a lot of things better in order to have a chance to succeed in conference. We will get there. Hopefully it will be this season, but I know we will get there. That is the important thing.
11-26-2007 09:36 AM
Escalade2121 Offline
2nd String

It seems like we have enough young raw talent. But as is seen in any sport, talent doesn't necessarily mean Ws. Turnovers were mentioned and I think that is a huge problem with this team. When we come together and start executing plays and stop shooting 35% from the field while going 50% from the free throw line, then we'll see some progress. It sounds like a lot, but I think that we will see it before season's end.
11-26-2007 09:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.