Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MAC Championship Game
Bookmark and Share
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CMU CHIPPEWAS

Crappies
MAC Championship Game
Anyone want to give me their thoughts on how this potential nightmare will turn out?!:muttering:
11-23-2007 11:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ChipWatcher Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: CMU
RE: MAC Championship Game
I like our offense indoors. Hope the D can put on a decent performance. That's all we'll need. Just a few stops here and there.
11-23-2007 11:32 PM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
ChipWatcher Wrote:I like our offense indoors.

That's a good point. Warm arms and legs makes for mucho scoring (and no freakin' wind)!
11-23-2007 11:43 PM
midlandchip Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Miami will not be able to stop our offense. We will put up a lot of points and LaFevour will have another big game. The only question that has to be answered here is whether or not Central Michigan's defense can at least slow down the Miami offense. If we can get a few stops, this one is in the bag. And when it's all over, it will be difficult for me to accept the fact that Central Michigan, with it's terrible defense, could actually win the MAC this year. However, difficult or not, I will enjoy it.
11-24-2007 01:07 AM
Rowdylikewhat Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
I think we should be alright. After watching the replay of yesterday's game, our defense didn't play that bad. One of Akron's TDs came off that strip of Anderson and we got the INT at the end when we needed it. I think the Eastern game, while horrible, was a perfect storm of a team with a good offense, a coach with absolutely nothing to lose, a rivalry game, and us having a D being held together by athletic tape and vikadin. We've played bend but don't break all year and against Eastern we broke repeatedly and against Akron we didn't. I think if we can keep them at 35 or less, we should win this game.
11-24-2007 09:56 AM
PhysicsCMU Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
You're worried about a Miami offense that put up no points against Akron (CMU - 35), 14 on Ball State (CMU - 58), and 20 on Kent State (CMU - 41)?

I'm more concerned with a defense that held Akron to -6 points (CMU - 32), Ball State to 13 (CMU - 38), and Kent State to 13 (CMU - 32).

There appears to be a trend here. We have a great offense, but a terrible defense. They have a mediocre offense, but a better than good defense.

I predict... magic eight ball... CMU 31 Miami 24

It's not a matter of "can we stop them". It's a matter of "how long can we hold them off".
11-24-2007 10:10 AM
Advertisement

WarHawks Offline
Bench Warmer

I tend to agree that CMU's offense should be able to put up some pretty good numbers against a good Miami D. And with Miami's offense against CMU's defense, it should be pretty even, as neither one is great right now. If CMU's D can play as well or better than they did against Akron, CMU's offense should be able to pull away.

After the MAC Championship game, CMU will have 3 or 4 weeks to get some guys healthy on D and I think we'll see a much improved defense in the bowl game, wherever that may be. I'm 99.9% sure it will be the Motor City Bowl. Should be a good time again! 04-cheers 02-13-banana
11-24-2007 01:04 PM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
If you look at the history between these two teams, the games have been very close (I think the foreskins have more wins), and if they lose to OU today, look out next Saturday! Again, historically, they adjust extremely well, both coaches and players, and while we may have more offensive weapons, our defense can give it all up in a New York minute! I have absolutely no faith in our defensive coaches (strategies) or players (execution) at this point in the season. Defenses win championships, and I'm neither seeing it, nor believing it right now. Just my humble opinion. This game truly frightens me.
11-24-2007 03:07 PM
CMichFan Offline

Crappies
It it makes you feel better, CE, the Miami folks seem to feel they have underachieved with Montgomery at the helm, including this season. Also, I've seen Miami play. The defense is legit. The offense is little better than Akron's, and Akron actually has a better RB than anything Miami will put on the field (down to the 3rd- or 4th-string guy). Also, we will have darned close to homefield advantage for this game. It could be close, but I say we win in the neighborhood of 34-24.
11-25-2007 01:07 PM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
Hope you're right, CMF, but I have a bad feeling in my gut right now.
11-25-2007 01:13 PM
Okie Chippewa Offline
All American

I Root For: The MAC
Unless we turn the ball over, I'll make a fearful prediction of CMU 31 Miami 20.
11-25-2007 01:45 PM
Advertisement

SCCHIP Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: THE CHIPPEWAS
I'm going to go with Central 45 Miami 24. I think you are going to see a LeFevour performance like no other. I want to se him get 20 TD passes and 20 rushing TD's. Tebo's got nothing on Dan the Man!
11-25-2007 02:18 PM
CMichFan Offline

Crappies
Miami is:

*11th in the MAC in scoring offense at 20.0ppg.
*1st in the MAC in scoring defense with 24.8ppg allowed.
*6th in passing offense / 3rd in passing defense
*10th in Turnover margin (-3)
*7th in rushing offense with 137.2yd/game and 14 TDs (3.9yd avg)
*2nd in rushing defense allowing 160.3yd/game, 19TDs, & 4.0yd/carry
*6th in total offense (371.9yd/game, 5.2yd/play)
*2nd in total defense (369yd/game, 5.2yd/play)
*11th in pass efficiency/4th in pass defense efficiency.
*1st in sacks with 30 / tied with WMU at 10th for sacks against (28)
*11th in red zone offense / 5th in red zone defense

Miami starting QB Dan Raudabaugh is 5th in passing average, 10th in pass efficiency. His stat line through 10 games played:

332 180 10(Int) 54.2% 2,177yd, 11TD 217.7yd/game

Fun fact: Miami LB C. Clayton is tied with CMU's Red Keith at 129 tackles on the season (10.8/game)
11-25-2007 02:34 PM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
Okay, it's Monday. I'm starting to think of this game as a ROSE BOWL. Color-wise, offensive philosophy-wise, can't say defensive-wise, well, okay, for Miami, yes. USC(CMU) vs. OSU(MU).
Offensively, on paper, it should be nolo contendere. But, the intangibles here are: Which CMU offense will show up? Will the CMU defense even find the tunnel? Mr. Banks, this game will determine your future. Mr. Jones, think Muncie, Indiana. Special teams, keep the ball away from foreskin return people (kickoffs & punts). Also, put together some rushing scheme to block MU's field goal attempts. For the entire team (CMU), NO STUPID PHUCKING PENALTIES! Let's see how I feel about this tomorrow.
11-26-2007 12:17 PM
ChipFB Offline
2nd String

I watched Miami a few times this year. I've got the Ohio game taped and I need to watch it this week, however I was impressed with their defense and their offense isn't that bad either. Their QB Raudabaugh has a nice arm...he just needs to get it under control.

Their offense is not great but obviously will look amazing vs. our defense. The main thing that scares me in this game is our offense is our defense and if we sputter on offense...look out...because we can easily get embarrassed. I think BGSU is probably the better team in the east and I don't expect us to put up 40 points on this defense.
11-27-2007 05:06 PM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
ChipFB Wrote:I watched Miami a few times this year. I've got the Ohio game taped and I need to watch it this week, however I was impressed with their defense and their offense isn't that bad either. Their QB Raudabaugh has a nice arm...he just needs to get it under control.

Their offense is not great but obviously will look amazing vs. our defense. The main thing that scares me in this game is our offense is our defense and if we sputter on offense...look out...because we can easily get embarrassed. I think BGSU is probably the better team in the east and I don't expect us to put up 40 points on this defense.

Exactly. Right now, Vegas has us a 3.5 overdog. We're scoring almost 40 points a game, and we're a only 3.5 over? Mr. Jones, Mr. Banks, what does that say about our defense(lessness)? If the offense gets burdened with penalties, fumbles, interceptions, etc., we are in deep poo poo! If we lose, we should not accept a bowl invitation. It would be an embarrassment.
11-27-2007 08:03 PM
Advertisement

CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
Wednesday, and I'm still not feeling better about this game. New downer, Pam Ward, will be in the booth with our man, Ray. I like Ray, he has a "Speilmannesque" about him (simple, but to the point). Pam, is, well...........(not that there's anything wrong with that)............
11-28-2007 12:19 PM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
Thursday, I'm thinking, maybe Ray Bentley, needs to go into the locker room before the game and "have a little talk:muttering: " with the defensive unit. I remember Ray, making a spectacular defensive play (swated the ball away from a Miami receiver in the end zone) to preserve a CMU win over the foreskins in Mt. Pleasant. This is a game the d (notice, it wasn't capitalized) can totally redeem itself.
11-29-2007 11:54 AM
ChipFB Offline
2nd String

CE-SELLS-GOATS Wrote:Pam, is, well...........(not that there's anything wrong with that)............
03-lmfao03-lmfao
BTW...you know me...I always try to find a picture of who we're talking about...well like usual...I got to google.com and type in "pam ward" under images and let's just say...the first two results are definitely not "pam ward" or else Bentley would request to share a room.
11-29-2007 11:58 AM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
ChipFB Wrote:
CE-SELLS-GOATS Wrote:Pam, is, well...........(not that there's anything wrong with that)............
03-lmfao03-lmfao
BTW...you know me...I always try to find a picture of who we're talking about...well like usual...I got to google.com and type in "pam ward" under images and let's just say...the first two results are definitely not "pam ward" or else Bentley would request to share a room.

Maybe you should Google under the name, "Arnold."
11-29-2007 12:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.