Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

It's BG/Toledo Week So I'll Get It Started ...
Bookmark and Share
Cleveland Nick Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: mac teams
It's BG/Toledo Week So I'll Get It Started ...
How do you get a BG grad off of your front porch? Simple, tip him or her for the pizza they just delivered and then they'll go.

Let’s get the board rolling now.

(With that said in jest, I'll be picking BG to win 51-34 over Toledo this week on Nick's Picks in a defensive struggle.)
11-19-2007 08:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LakeMichChip Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
RE: It's BG/Toledo Week So I'll Get It Started ...
Toledo rolls with 52 clicks:")))
11-19-2007 10:23 PM
exCincy Kid Offline
All American

I Root For:
BG wins in a big way! Sorry, Nick!
11-19-2007 11:04 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Don't write Toledo off just because Opelt won't be playing. This is a rivalry game. Not only can some players step up that you least expect in a rivalry, but the team with nothing to lose could have a few tricks up their sleeves.........so could the team trying to prove the belong in a bowl game.

Know recent UT/BG games, this one will be won in the 4th quarter in a high scoring game. Parmele just might get over 200 yards rushing again and Sheehan just might end up with 400 yards passing.
11-20-2007 08:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
El Grande Flippero Offline
1st String

I Root For: BG!! SU!!
The BG is offense running is running at a level comparable to 2004. At WR Freddie Barnes has really stepped it up since Partridge got hurt, Calvin Wiley has emerged as the second option and Parks, Jermiah Kelley and Anthony Turner are providing those important third and fourth options. Our depth at RB has been crucial...Ransom gets hurt, so Willie Geter steps up. Geter sprains an ankle, so Macon, Anthony Turner and Chris Bullock pick up the slack. The QB Sheehan is healthy again and Anthony Turner has made his presence felt as the "slash". Turner has been the difference maker for us offensively this past month. Given all the struggles he had trying to establish himself as a QB, I couldn't be happier for that kid...he's finally in a position to use his talents to help the team.

I don't think Toledo has the horses to stop us.

Parmalee is going to get his yards. We have to make him work for them. The defense did a pretty good job this past week against Buffalo's top RB James Stark. He went for 140 on 21 carries, but 63 of those came on one shot. Buffalo's Drew Willy came into the game completing 70% of his passes, but only 19-32 against us. We were able to bring some heat and that really effected the passing game for the Bulls. That will be the key..if we can bring the kind of pressure against UT that we did against Buffalo, I don't see Cochran or Lenehan being able to hurt us through the air. We've been able to handle teams that are more one-dimensional on offense. We've struggled against teams that can run the ball and work the intermediate to long passing game. We also do not handle mobile QB's well...Scott from OU could run around and then hit a guy 15 yards downfield and that killed us. Jackson from Akron couldn't hit a Greyhound bus 15 yards downfield so we were able to limit the damage he did.

On the plus side, our defensive line is getting healthy again (except for our top DT, NIck Davis) true freshman Glenn Stanley (one of those Florida kids Cleveland Nick didn't have on the radar this past winter...j/k Nick) has done a fantastic job stepping in for Chris Haneline at LB and PJ Mahone has been great at S in place of the injured Jerret Sanderson. Unlike year's past, this year's team has some depth and that has made the difference here in November.

Anything can happen in a rivalry game....but I truly think this is our year.
11-20-2007 09:50 AM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
It has been real simple for BG this year. If they don't take too many penalties and limit or eliminate TO's they win. That's basically it in a nutshell and will be again on Friday.
11-20-2007 11:12 AM
Pulltown Falcon Offline
1st String

I Root For:
rocketfootball Wrote:Know recent UT/BG games, this one will be won in the 4th quarter in a high scoring game. Parmele just might get over 200 yards rushing again and Sheehan just might end up with 400 yards passing.
Or maybe in OT like in 2005 (bad memories) :grumpy:

I like Nick's pick, but I think his score is too high. The Falcons in a nail biter. Amstutz goes for it on 4th down more times than Falcon fans want (because he knows he can make it).

Gary from Detroit says take the Falcons! I understand the Athletic Department has a leak in the hose that we are using to water down the UT sideline. And we have some really nice articles that we have given to Blade reporters to print the day of the B!G game.

In Poland, they tell Toledo jokes!

Gotta' go get my John Deere tuned up and ready for the B!G game.
(But seriously, here's to a good game with no serious injuries for either squad and that no Toledo fans, except maybe h20ville rocket 03-wink, gets harassed too seriously by the home team fans)
11-20-2007 11:21 AM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

Pulltown Falcon Wrote:In Poland, they tell Toledo jokes!

No son, in Poland we drink lots of beer and eat lots of keilbasa and perogi!
11-20-2007 11:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Pulltown Falcon Wrote:
rocketfootball Wrote:Know recent UT/BG games, this one will be won in the 4th quarter in a high scoring game. Parmele just might get over 200 yards rushing again and Sheehan just might end up with 400 yards passing.
Or maybe in OT like in 2005 (bad memories) :grumpy:

I like Nick's pick, but I think his score is too high. The Falcons in a nail biter. Amstutz goes for it on 4th down more times than Falcon fans want (because he knows he can make it).

Gary from Detroit says take the Falcons! I understand the Athletic Department has a leak in the hose that we are using to water down the UT sideline. And we have some really nice articles that we have given to Blade reporters to print the day of the B!G game.

In Poland, they tell Toledo jokes!

Gotta' go get my John Deere tuned up and ready for the B!G game.
(But seriously, here's to a good game with no serious injuries for either squad and that no Toledo fans, except maybe h20ville rocket 03-wink, gets harassed too seriously by the home team fans)

Only Grant knows who I am and he's in CHICAGO? For BG-UT? Wuss!
11-20-2007 12:12 PM
Advertisement

Falconfreak Offline
2nd String

I Root For: BOWLING GREEN
How many UT freshman does it take to screw in a light bulb? None...that is a junior level course at UT.

What does the average incoming freshman at UT get on their SAT? Drool.

Ahhh yes....another BG/UT game. BG will take out 3 years of frustration on the Rockettes and win going away. Parmele will get his yards...BG's D needs to contain him cuz we won't flat out stop him. Sheehan will go for 300+ and Turner will go over 100 yards again. Count on at least 3 trick plays as well.

I like BG to win 41-23. Close first half as UT plays with great effort. But in the end, it's in our house with a bowl bid on the line and neither UT QB scares me like Opelt does. Had Opelt been playing, I would take BG in a squeaker. Opelt runs the UT offense much better than the other two. And as poor as BG's D has been at times this year, UT's has been worse most of the time.

Less than 72 hours til kickoff...

GO FALCONS!!!
11-20-2007 05:15 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
Who cares? 03-yawn

05-stirthepot
11-20-2007 05:39 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

Falconfreak Wrote:What does the average incoming freshman at UT get on their SAT? Drool.

I was actually surprised to see a Top 50 list on here a few days back that showed BG's average SAT was 1010. UT, an open enrollment university, had average incoming freshmen who were only able to manage a 1023. http://www.collegehumor.com/rankings

http://parents.utoledo.edu/admission.asp

Can't vouch for the accuracy of the first link.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2007 05:53 PM by H2Oville Rocket.)
11-20-2007 05:45 PM
Rightupinthere Offline
Mercenary of Churlishness

I Root For: BG 1st; MAC 2nd
rocketfootball Wrote:
Pulltown Falcon Wrote:In Poland, they tell Toledo jokes!

No son, in Poland we drink lots of beer and eat lots of keilbasa and perogi!
Don't forget about Chopin - Polish potato vodka which makes a fine martini (with Maytag stuffed olives.)
11-20-2007 09:00 PM
Advertisement

bg816 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
H2Oville Rocket Wrote:
Falconfreak Wrote:What does the average incoming freshman at UT get on their SAT? Drool.

I was actually surprised to see a Top 50 list on here a few days back that showed BG's average SAT was 1010. UT, an open enrollment university, had average incoming freshmen who were only able to manage a 1023. http://www.collegehumor.com/rankings

I don't know for sure, and I'm too lazy to look it up, but don't the vast majority of incoming students at BG and UT submit only ACT scores? It just seems that the SAT numbers aren't relevant for midwestern schools.
11-20-2007 09:50 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

bg816 Wrote:
H2Oville Rocket Wrote:

I don't know for sure, and I'm too lazy to look it up, but don't the vast majority of incoming students at BG and UT submit only ACT scores? It just seems that the SAT numbers aren't relevant for midwestern schools.

I was thinking the same thing. Back when I went to UT all that was required was an ACT score.
11-20-2007 10:35 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

bg816 Wrote:
H2Oville Rocket Wrote:

Yep. That's why we drool on ours. 03-wink
11-20-2007 11:03 PM
Pulltown Falcon Offline
1st String

I Root For:
UT probably sees more SAT scores than BG because of the Engineering program.

Most BGSU students submit ACT scores only, although they are seeing an increase in students submitting both the ACT and SAT.
11-21-2007 09:01 AM
El Grande Flippero Offline
1st String

I Root For: BG!! SU!!
El Grande Flippero Wrote:The BG is offense running is running at a level comparable to 2004. At WR Freddie Barnes has really stepped it up since Partridge got hurt, Calvin Wiley has emerged as the second option and Parks, Jermiah Kelley and Anthony Turner are providing those important third and fourth options. Our depth at RB has been crucial...Ransom gets hurt, so Willie Geter steps up. Geter sprains an ankle, so Macon, Anthony Turner and Chris Bullock pick up the slack. The QB Sheehan is healthy again and Anthony Turner has made his presence felt as the "slash". Turner has been the difference maker for us offensively this past month. Given all the struggles he had trying to establish himself as a QB, I couldn't be happier for that kid...he's finally in a position to use his talents to help the team.

I don't think Toledo has the horses to stop us.

Parmalee is going to get his yards. We have to make him work for them. The defense did a pretty good job this past week against Buffalo's top RB James Stark. He went for 140 on 21 carries, but 63 of those came on one shot. Buffalo's Drew Willy came into the game completing 70% of his passes, but only 19-32 against us. We were able to bring some heat and that really effected the passing game for the Bulls. That will be the key..if we can bring the kind of pressure against UT that we did against Buffalo, I don't see Cochran or Lenehan being able to hurt us through the air. We've been able to handle teams that are more one-dimensional on offense. We've struggled against teams that can run the ball and work the intermediate to long passing game. We also do not handle mobile QB's well...Scott from OU could run around and then hit a guy 15 yards downfield and that killed us. Jackson from Akron couldn't hit a Greyhound bus 15 yards downfield so we were able to limit the damage he did.

On the plus side, our defensive line is getting healthy again (except for our top DT, NIck Davis) true freshman Glenn Stanley (one of those Florida kids Cleveland Nick didn't have on the radar this past winter...j/k Nick) has done a fantastic job stepping in for Chris Haneline at LB and PJ Mahone has been great at S in place of the injured Jerret Sanderson. Unlike year's past, this year's team has some depth and that has made the difference here in November.

Anything can happen in a rivalry game....but I truly think this is our year.

Yep...we got the pressure on Cochran, contained the run and Mahone went nuts with a pair of INT's....just like I drew it up...04-rock
11-24-2007 11:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.