Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
BEast Officiating This Season
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
BEast Officiating This Season
Is it just me, or is the officiating in the BEast particularly bad this season? I can't remember it being this bad across the board over the last two seasons. What could be going on?
11-12-2007 01:16 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

South Tampa Knight Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
RE: BEast Officiating This Season
army56mike Wrote:Is it just me, or is the officiating in the BEast particularly bad this season? I can't remember it being this bad across the board over the last two seasons. What could be going on?

I can think of three games that they have blown and possibly a fourth.

UCONN vs. Temple, Temple won that game.
UCONN vs. Louisville - Bad punt return cost Louisville the game.
FAU vs. USF - BS punt interfence should have given the ball to FAU with under four minutes on USF's 20, down four points.

USF vs. Rutgers - no idea what happend with that punt, but it smelled funny.
11-12-2007 02:55 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
Quote:UCONN vs. Temple, Temple won that game.

Do you know how to read? How many times have we explained this? A local TV station had a PERFECT angle on the kid as he was juggling the ball as he was going out of the bound. Last I checked a ball being juggled going out of the bound is NOT CONSIDERED A CATCH NO MATTER HOW YOU SPIN IT. ESPN did a frame by frame analysis and agreed on the call. WHAT PART OF IT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

BTW, that was MAC refs, not BE refs so it is obvious you don't see the big picture either.

Quote:UCONN vs. Louisville - Bad punt return cost Louisville the game.

Not this crap again. Bringing that up without mentioning the make up call is a joke. Cards had 10 points lead into the 4th quarter and they choked. UL got the ass beat plain and simple. Crying for the next 100 years won't change that. UCONN was moving the ball at will at that CARD D in the 4th quarter. BTW, refs did not cause UL to throw INTs.

Quote:USF vs. Rutgers - no idea what happend with that punt, but it smelled funny.

At least we agreed on something.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2007 03:16 PM by SF Husky.)
11-12-2007 03:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Bull Daly Offline
2nd String

I Root For: South Florida
It was MAC officials doing that UCONNvsTemple game. But, I agree in that the BIG EAST officials have made terrible calls. What is worse is that some of the plays were still missed even after they were reviewed.
11-12-2007 10:06 PM
TIGER-PAUL Offline
All American

I Root For: PITT
overall its been awful imo.
11-13-2007 06:51 AM
Advertisement

Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:
you forgot UC at Pitt ...total screw job
11-13-2007 10:25 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
UC vs Miami (Oh) - UC receiver catches the ball, gets 3 steps in bounds, then is hit and goes out of bounds (never losing the ball, mind you). On the field called no catch, replay is obviously a catch yet they still call it no catch. The replay officials should have been fired.
11-13-2007 10:39 AM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
I understand that it is very difficult to be a judge in any sport. However, these guys are paid professionals, AND there is instant replay to boot. It's pretty bad when the refs acknowledge that they are wrong. Are they evaluated after each season, or after each week? I guess, that I would expect the refs in the video booth to have the authority to override the field ref if a mistake is made.
11-13-2007 12:35 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
It's not just officiating in The BEast. The quality of officiating around the country has gone downhill from what it was 20 years ago.
11-13-2007 08:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.