Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Students to bus to the championship game?
Bookmark and Share
ChipsNbeer Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: CMU Chippewas
Students to bus to the championship game?
Last year, 17 buses carried students to Detroit for the game. This year, there will be significantly less, although the CMU ticket office has not yet determined what that number will be.

"Last year we kept adding and adding and we finally had to stop and cut it off," said Ashley Steffen, ticketing and promotions intern. "We're going to decide on a set number of buses this year and put that out so everyone knows."

Bus packages are available for students and Chippewa Club members, $30 for students and $75 for Chippewa Club members.

And it is a good idea to not keep adding buses why??? First put the Western game on a Tuesday so students have a hard time getting to go then limit the number of buses for the championship? 05-nono It was a great atmosphere last year with all the students that came down.
11-09-2007 10:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ueatsoap Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: CMU
RE: Students to bus to the championship game?
ChipsNbeer Wrote:And it is a good idea to not keep adding buses why??? First put the Western game on a Tuesday so students have a hard time getting to go then limit the number of buses for the championship? 05-nono It was a great atmosphere last year with all the students that came down.

At the amount the ticket office is charging for students to go, the department is losing money on it. At some point they have to decide how much they can feasibly spend on these busses. If they wanted to break even on the deal, they would have to be 75 for students too, like it is for Chippewa Club members.
11-09-2007 02:09 PM
Advertisement

ChipFB Offline
2nd String

ChipsNbeer Wrote:Last year, 17 buses carried students to Detroit for the game. This year, there will be significantly less, although the CMU ticket office has not yet determined what that number will be.

"Last year we kept adding and adding and we finally had to stop and cut it off," said Ashley Steffen, ticketing and promotions intern. "We're going to decide on a set number of buses this year and put that out so everyone knows."

Bus packages are available for students and Chippewa Club members, $30 for students and $75 for Chippewa Club members.

And it is a good idea to not keep adding buses why??? First put the Western game on a Tuesday so students have a hard time getting to go then limit the number of buses for the championship? 05-nono It was a great atmosphere last year with all the students that came down.

I see your point cnb...however from a logistic standpoint...the game this year is on a saturday vs. a thursday night...so getting to the game might be a little easier for students than a game during the week. Either way...when you win...they show up and we're winning...so I have 110% faith the Chippewa students will show...as they have done an outstanding job all year.
11-09-2007 02:17 PM
Arrohead Offline
Special Teams

ueatsoap Wrote:
ChipsNbeer Wrote:And it is a good idea to not keep adding buses why??? First put the Western game on a Tuesday so students have a hard time getting to go then limit the number of buses for the championship? 05-nono It was a great atmosphere last year with all the students that came down.

At the amount the ticket office is charging for students to go, the department is losing money on it. At some point they have to decide how much they can feasibly spend on these busses. If they wanted to break even on the deal, they would have to be 75 for students too, like it is for Chippewa Club members.

Maybe a little fund raiser to help send more students would help. I'm sure many businesses and alumni would help for that cause.
11-09-2007 02:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.