Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

KSU to start football *
Bookmark and Share
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
KSU to start football *
They will start fundraising at the end of October...
BUT the students have to vote on a fee increase. Wonder how this vote will turn out?

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=257537
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2007 03:17 PM by ETSUfan1.)
10-24-2007 03:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
RE: KSU to start football *
If Kennessaw State starts football, I think I will puke. Yet another school that gets it. Here we are floundering, yet all these other schools are leaving us in the dust.
10-24-2007 03:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
KSU has a long way to go before football comes to them...honestly if they get it...good for them. My love and support for ETSU does not hinge on what is to become of everyone else. Football will return to ETSU...it is just a matter of when.
10-24-2007 03:32 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
They have a more uphill battle than ETSU does. While the we don't have a huge fan base, there is a fairly decent sized group of people who support the university and athletics, Kennesaw (fair or not) has to battle with students and alumni who could mostly care less about KSU athletics. On top of that, basically getting students to vote on a "tax" to have a football program that most will care less about will be an even bigger problem. It's like asking voters to vote yes on an income tax, it would never happen, no matter how much it would benefit the state. Asking someone to spend more money when they already think they're spending too much won't ever work. And as in our case, our students actually believe ETSU is expensive, and there isn't parking, and they're the only school in the country in the middle of construction/renovations. For it to happen, for both us and KSU, it will take a president who has the guts to say, we're doing it, the students are getting a fee for it, that's how it is, if you don't like it, go somewhere else, and good luck with that because the fees at other schools are a HELL of alot higher.
10-28-2007 03:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

kr983 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
It will be a tough road but I think it can be done. The one thing Kennesaw has going for it has to do with the HOPE scholarship program. A sizable portion of the student population does not have to pay a dime for school due to HOPE (If you have a 3.0 or better the Georgia government pays tuition) and will in turn easily vote for the increase. I could be wrong, but I feel that student support of KSU athletics is about to rise substantially. Who knows!? I will let you guys know how the Football Rally, "Are you ready for some football," put on by Student Government goes. I think I will be able to better judge the possibility after the event and the response to it on campus.
10-28-2007 04:27 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
We have basically the same deal. The lottery scholarship here is a monetary value but it covers a HUGE chunk of an ETSU students' cost. It can be done without a student vote, or maybe you have the vote to use as one of the factors, but in no way should it be the ultimate decision maker in the process. It's like letting a child choose whether or not they want chocolate cake or a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, you hope they have sense enough to choose the oatmeal but more than likely they won't, therefore someone with some responsibility has to say eat the oatmeal. We just have a bunch of ignorant boobs running the show at our university.
10-28-2007 10:32 PM
GaStPanthers Offline
1st String

I Root For: Georgia State
In 2002 the Georgia legislature froze the amount of students fees that Georgia's HOPE scholarship will pay out to the Spring 2002 amounts. Thus any new fees will be paid for out of students pocket or through other financial aid funds. So for KSU and GSU students they will be responsible for paying the football fees.
10-28-2007 11:38 PM
kr983 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Our parking fees have gone up and HOPE paid for them... I will have to look into that! Thanks for the info!
10-29-2007 12:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.