Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Boise State football schedule
Bookmark and Share
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Has it been released yet? if so what is it.
04-06-2004 08:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BroncoNut Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I believe the current listing of the schedule is:

9/4 Idaho in Boise
9/11 Oregon State in Boise
9/18 UTEP in El Paso
9/25 BYU in Boise
10/2 SMU in Boise
10/9 Open
10/16 Tulsa in Tulsa
10/23 Fresno State in Boise
10/30 Hawaii in Boise
11/6 Open
11/13 San Jose State in San Jose
11/20 Louisiana Tech in Boise
11/27 Nevada in Reno

In the past few years a couple of games have been juggled for TV and that could happen again for next year.
04-07-2004 10:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
57bronc Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

This will be the best home schedule that we have had!
It’s a good time to be a Bronco!
Come to think of it, it’s always been good to be a Bronco…
04-cheers
04-07-2004 01:28 PM
Advertisement

Cane Gang Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Fresno and Hawaii back-to-back weeks at home. That'll be good times. 04-cheers
04-07-2004 03:58 PM
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

BroncoNut Wrote:I believe the current listing of the schedule is:

9/4 Idaho in Boise
9/11 Oregon State in Boise
9/18 UTEP in El Paso
9/25 BYU in Boise
10/2 SMU in Boise
10/9 Open
10/16 Tulsa in Tulsa
10/23 Fresno State in Boise
10/30 Hawaii in Boise
11/6 Open
11/13 San Jose State in San Jose
11/20 Louisiana Tech in Boise
11/27 Nevada in Reno

In the past few years a couple of games have been juggled for TV and that could happen again for next year.
Thanks
04-07-2004 07:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gaard Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

09/04/2004
TBA
Idaho - Vandals
Boise, ID

09/11/2004
TBA
Oregon State - Beavers
Boise, ID

09/18/2004
TBA
UTEP - Miners
El Paso, Texas

09/25/2004
TBA
Brigham Young - Cougars
Boise, ID

10/02/2004
TBA
SMU - Mustangs
Boise, ID

10/16/2004
TBA
Tulsa - Golden Hurricane
Tulsa, OK

10/23/2004
TBA
Fresno State - Bulldogs
Boise, ID

10/30/2004
TBA
Hawai'i - Warriors
Boise, ID

11/13/2004
TBA
San Jose State - Spartans
San Jose, CA

11/20/2004
TBA
Louisiana Tech - Bulldogs
Boise, ID

11/27/2004
TBA
Nevada - Wolf Pack
Reno, NV
04-07-2004 09:30 PM
RUmojo Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Rutgers

What kind of team do the Broncos have coming back this season??? Do you guys think you will make as much noise as this past season? By the way was Dinwiddie a junior or senior, if he comes back you guys should be decent.
04-07-2004 09:36 PM
Advertisement

orangequine Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

This years team could be better. Better HB's, way better O line, and better overall defense.

Dinnwiddie is gone, but when he went out with a broken leg 2 yrs ago, we still dominated with his back up, BJ Rhodie. We have some great QB hoping to take over one of the most explosive offenses in the nation.

Decent is an understatment. The Broncos will ROCK this year.
04-07-2004 10:20 PM
broncobob Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Broncos

Crappies

Defense will dominate early in the season, but the offense will jell quickly. We are in the middle of spring ball right now. Our spring game is on April 16th.
04-07-2004 10:30 PM
BoiseStateRules Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Boise State

RUmojo Wrote:What kind of team do the Broncos have coming back this season??? Do you guys think you will make as much noise as this past season? By the way was Dinwiddie a junior or senior, if he comes back you guys should be decent.
Those who aren't familiar with the Boise State program might think this will be a rebuilding year for the Broncos. Nothing could be further from the truth tho. Boise State (based on what I saw this spring) will be very solid once again and they will contend for their third straiight W.A.C. championship in football. And if they play anything at all like what I saw this spring, they will likely do just that.

The O-line in particular will be MUCH better this year, despite the fact that they lost three starters from the 2003 team. The Boise State O-line is gonna look like this (or at least so far this is what they are projecting as the starters):

LT - Daryn Colledge - Will be a Junior next fall. He's been a starter since his RS freshman season and he was 2nd team All-WAC last year and a DEFINITE pro prospect. NFL scouts have been asking about him and noticing him for TWO years now.

LG - Tad Miller - He will be a redshirt freshman this season and he's big, he's MEAN and he's talented. This is why he's projected to start as a redshirt freshman.

C - Klayton Adams - He started for Boise State at OG for the Fort Worth Bowl game in place of the regular starter, Tyrone Tutogi, after Tutogi was declared academically ineligible for the bowl game according to Western Ath. CONFERENCE rules, even tho Adams primarily played center prior to that. He's solid in the middle, even if he is a little short at 5' 11". He'll be a Senior next fall.

RG - Mike Ansel - He started at LG last season and he's being moved to RG this season. Solid player. He'll be a Senior next fall as well.

RT - Jeff Cavender - He is very quick on his feet and very talented, and extremely smart. Which is why he too is projected to start this fall as a Redshirt Freshman.

Plus, they have all sorts of depth on the O-line this year. There are as many as 15 guys who could start on the O-line this season for Boise State. The O-line will be a major strength for Boise State this season.

The Wide Receivers will also be very deep this fall. They will have two Seniors as the starters in Lawrence Bady and T. J. Acree. Backing them up will be Chisean Christopher (Junior) and Mark Onibokun (Senior) and Brett Ralph (Junior) and Drisan James (Soph.) and Quinton Jones (Soph.) and Jason Murray (Junior) and Jovan Hutchinson (Soph.) and possibly J.C. transfer Josh Smith (he may be redshirted next fall). Bady and Acree both saw LOTS of playing time last season and both had more than 700 yards in receiving last season. Bady's the deep threat and Acree is more of a possession receiver.

The running backs will also (getting repetitive isn't it?) be very deep this fall. Right now it's looking like a former walk-on (for two years) will be the starter, that being Jeff Carpenter (a Junior). He averaged over 7 1/2 yards per carry last season in limited action. Right behind him is Lee Marks (a Junior). Marks is a speedster who used to play cornerback but was switched to tailback last season. He's a gamebreaker. Right behind these two are Jon Helmandollar (a redshirt freshman) and Calvin McCarty (another redshirt freshman). Any one of these four guys may be the starter this season, or they may use all four of them for different situations, i.e., running back by committee. There is also a J.C. transfer named Antwuan Carter who redshirted last season at Boise State. He may figure in the mix too.

The tight ends are ALSO going to be very deep. Derek Schouman returns as the starting TE after earning the starting TE spot as a TRUE freshman last season. Very talented receiver. Andy Weldon will be the 2nd TE in two tight end situations or the starting TE in situations where they want one TE for blocking purposes. Weldon will be a Senior next fall. These two will be backed up by Sherm Blaser, a Soph. who saw limited playing time last season and by Ryan Putnam, a redshirt freshman, and Cory Larsen, a transfer from the Univ. of Oregon.

The quarterback will be either Senior Mike Sanford or Soph. Jared Zabransky. Both of them had QB efficiency ratings over 210 in the spring scrimmage game. But redshirt freshman Taylor Tharp could also be the starter as well. And there is also a walk-on freshman named Cade Woolstenhulme (6' 5" tall) who looked good in spring ball as well. The starter won't be determined until next fall.

On defense Boise State returns six starters from last year's defense, which was the best defense (by far) in the W.A.C., including two All-Western Athletic Conference first team players in OLB Andy Avalos (a Senior) and DE Julius Roberts (also a Senior), and one 2nd team All-W.A.C. player in MLB Korey Hall. They will also return four of the five top tacklers from last year's team in Andy Avalos (# 1) and Korey Hall (# 3) and Chris Carr (# 4) and Gabe Franklin (# 5).

And both of the starting kickers return. Tyler Jones will once again start as the kicker for kickoffs and field goals. He'll be a Senior this fall. And Kyle Stringer, a former walk-on who earned a scholarship as a true freshman, and the starting job as the punter last season, returns for his Sophomore year as the starting punter. He will also backup Jones as the PK.

To use the old cliche, Boise State will be RELOADING next fall....not rebuilding.
04-25-2004 03:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.