Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thundersticks
Bookmark and Share
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
Thundersticks
Has anyone found out the real reason why we do not have Thundersticks this year? Ths stadium is so much deader without them. We need all the help we can get. BRING BACK THE THUNDERSTICKS!!!! 03-hissyfit
10-15-2007 08:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators
RE: Thundersticks
+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I will try to get an answer.
10-15-2007 08:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I'm gonna guess it's another MAC thing about "artificial noise makers in stadiums....

probably a policy implemented BEFORE NIU went south for this season....

Absolutely correct about lack of stix reducing noise and energy from students prior to kickoff .....

while many old farts are still making their way to seats and waiting in lines outside restrooms.

BTW: It mite have been a fun twist to have students yelling BLACK between third and fourth quarters on blackout day. They did a descent job with RED while West side was nearly asleep most all game long. I'm not uncertain if oldies simply were confused by the promotion and blacked out.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2007 08:58 AM by cyberdawg.)
10-15-2007 08:56 AM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
Dog Fan Wrote:Has anyone found out the real reason why we do not have Thundersticks this year? Ths stadium is so much deader without them. We need all the help we can get. BRING BACK THE THUNDERSTICKS!!!! 03-hissyfit

I blame it on the message board, if anyone from NIU has read this board at all they would know to keep all toys away from you DF.

(sorry bad joke)
10-15-2007 09:28 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
MaddDawgz02 Wrote:
Dog Fan Wrote:Has anyone found out the real reason why we do not have Thundersticks this year? Ths stadium is so much deader without them. We need all the help we can get. BRING BACK THE THUNDERSTICKS!!!! 03-hissyfit

I blame it on the message board, if anyone from NIU has read this board at all they would know to keep all toys away from you DF.

(sorry bad joke)

That could be. However, I still manage to sneak in my little airhorn that I blow after all Huskie scores. To take that away from me, they'd have to seriously pat me down everywhere on my body. Somehow, I don't think they have any interest in doing that. 04-jawdrop
10-15-2007 09:36 AM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
According to Ryan Schoop from the Athletic Department, there is no sponsor for them. I think that is a pretty lame excuse (not Ryan's fault) and marketing needs to step it up and get it done for next year.
10-15-2007 02:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

calvin12 Offline
I am the overlord of everything

I Root For: duh
cyberdawg Wrote:I'm gonna guess it's another MAC thing about "artificial noise makers in stadiums....

probably a policy implemented BEFORE NIU went south for this season....

Absolutely correct about lack of stix reducing noise and energy from students prior to kickoff .....

while many old farts are still making their way to seats and waiting in lines outside restrooms.

BTW: It mite have been a fun twist to have students yelling BLACK between third and fourth quarters on blackout day. They did a descent job with RED while West side was nearly asleep most all game long. I'm not uncertain if oldies simply were confused by the promotion and blacked out.

strange enough sitting on the west side, the east side sounded dead during the change the the west seemed loud.
10-15-2007 02:22 PM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
You can get the things cheap at large quantities.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2500-Pairs-Spirit-St...dZViewItem
10-15-2007 03:10 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
How much money does it cost to sponsor them? Maybe some of us can pool our money and sponsor them in the name of the NIU Dog Pound NCAA/MACbbs.

We can put my picture on them and shape them like my... Oh, never mind. Let's just sponsor them!
10-15-2007 03:14 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

If the promotions people ever answered their darn emails when i asked them over a month ago then i wold be able to answer that question for you.

NIU students have no clue how to cheer. Ever since we have not had Thundersticks the atmosphere at NIU has gone down hill.
10-15-2007 03:35 PM
cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RSVPs required to attend tipoff?

Open to general public?
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2007 03:28 PM by cyberdawg.)
10-16-2007 03:27 PM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

cyberdawg Wrote:Open to general public?

Yes, open to general public.
10-16-2007 03:31 PM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
if you bought 15,000 thundersticks from that person on ebay, it would cost $3750 + shipping. I'd imagine they would discount the shipping if we bought that many but it may still be a few hundred dollars for that. Either way you're looking at less than $5k. Kinda weak we couldn't come up with that money...they could have at least done it for the home opener and the homecoming game.
10-16-2007 04:39 PM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
**** they couldve gotten black ones for the blackout
10-16-2007 04:40 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
armour248 Wrote:if you bought 15,000 thundersticks from that person on ebay, it would cost $3750 + shipping. I'd imagine they would discount the shipping if we bought that many but it may still be a few hundred dollars for that. Either way you're looking at less than $5k. Kinda weak we couldn't come up with that money...they could have at least done it for the home opener and the homecoming game.

I'm sure NIU could get it for less than that. With all of our sponsors, why couldn't one or two of them pony up some cash for this? Hello, Casey's, Culvers, VCBS, Applebees, Resource Bank, Jewel, Farm & Fleet, etc.
10-16-2007 04:49 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Dog Fan Wrote:
armour248 Wrote:if you bought 15,000 thundersticks from that person on ebay, it would cost $3750 + shipping. I'd imagine they would discount the shipping if we bought that many but it may still be a few hundred dollars for that. Either way you're looking at less than $5k. Kinda weak we couldn't come up with that money...they could have at least done it for the home opener and the homecoming game.

I'm sure NIU could get it for less than that. With all of our sponsors, why couldn't one or two of them pony up some cash for this? Hello, Casey's, Culvers, VCBS, Applebees, Resource Bank, Jewel, Farm & Fleet, etc.

TCF Bank was the sponsor for them last year.
10-16-2007 05:20 PM
Advertisement

HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Hello Marketing Dept... :dance:

Get off your asses and get this done for the last two home games!!!

03-melodramatic
10-16-2007 08:37 PM
CowboysNiuFan31245 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cowboys & NIU
I totally agree with niu students not knowing when to cheer. what pisses me off the most is when we have the ball on third down and our students make as much noise possible. its bad when our players have to tell them when to cheer and when not too. 01-wingedeagle
10-16-2007 08:39 PM
EddieMoney Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU,Blues,Bucs
settle down bryce, it happens in almost every other stadium, I think the only fans in any sport who know when not to cheer is Indianapolis Colts fans, since Manning does all of those audibles
10-17-2007 12:06 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
HuskiemobileMan Wrote:Hello Marketing Dept... :dance:

Get off your asses and get this done for the last two home games!!!

03-melodramatic

I can't believe that they can't find a sponsor for the Thundersticks. There are tons of companies out there. Even a CPA firm, Crowe Chizek, sponsored them last year. I am thinking that there is something else behind this.
10-17-2007 07:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.