88. Nevada
93. New Mexico St
95. UTEP
96. LaTech
109. San Jose St
110. SMU
111. Utah St
117. Idaho

The biggest surprise for me was Boise. I guess the writers don't believe the Broncs will be able to destroy teams like they have the past few years, but USC has shown that losing a good QB doesn't mean losing the whole program. I'm hoping all the WAC teams make some noise this year by finishing much better than these projections.
06-09-2004 08:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

1boisebro Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

biggest surprise to me is how far athlon is able to shove its collective "expert" heads up their a s s e s.

no. wait.

not really.

i hope every wac team destroys every non-conf team they play.

though i doubt athlon would notice, what with their big fat collective heads licking some BCS prostate.
06-09-2004 09:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AnotherBrickInTheWall Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

This has nothing to do with the rating Athlon gave the WAC but....

I got the 'Western" version of this magazine hoping for a great concentration on the WAC. What I got I was very disappointed with. There was barely any research there, and nothing more than I already knew. The Mnt. West got about 2 times more coverage than the WAC.

I can't wait for Phil Steele's to come, which shouldn't be long. I would recomend that magazine for anyone who is looking for a college FB preview.
06-09-2004 10:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gaard Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

ultramagnus Wrote:How WAC teams (and future WAC teams) fared:

35. Fresno St
49. Boise St
55. Hawaii
57. Tulsa
72. Rice
88. Nevada
93. New Mexico St
95. UTEP
96. LaTech
109. San Jose St
110. SMU
111. Utah St
117. Idaho

The biggest surprise for me was Boise.  I guess the writers don't believe the Broncs will be able to destroy teams like they have the past few years, but USC has shown that losing a good QB doesn't mean losing the whole program.  I'm hoping all the WAC teams make some noise this year by finishing much better than these projections.
They do this every year. Sloppy to no research and cut & paste from the last review.
The Athlon publication is usefull for starting a fire and not much else.
06-09-2004 10:54 PM
Advertisement

broncobob Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Broncos

Crappies

gaard Wrote:
ultramagnus Wrote:How WAC teams (and future WAC teams) fared:

35. Fresno St
49. Boise St
55. Hawaii
57. Tulsa
72. Rice
88. Nevada
93. New Mexico St
95. UTEP
96. LaTech
109. San Jose St
110. SMU
111. Utah St
117. Idaho

The biggest surprise for me was Boise.  I guess the writers don't believe the Broncs will be able to destroy teams like they have the past few years, but USC has shown that losing a good QB doesn't mean losing the whole program.  I'm hoping all the WAC teams make some noise this year by finishing much better than these projections.
They do this every year. Sloppy to no research and cut & paste from the last review.
The Athlon publication is usefull for starting a fire and not much else.
The most underated teams on the list are:

49. Boise St
57. Tulsa
72. Rice
88. Nevada
95. UTEP
96. LaTech
111. Utah St
117. Idaho

All these teams will finish higher than their projections!
06-10-2004 09:00 AM
Vandal13 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Idaho will not finish at 117 this year, gauranteed. I think they had us dead last in 1998, and we
went 9-3, finishing in the top 30. Ok, enought living in the past, so lets fast forward to 2005 when
we play in the WAC.

Go Vandals
Go WAC.
06-10-2004 01:58 PM
broncobob Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Broncos

Crappies

Vandal13 Wrote:Idaho will not finish at 117 this year, gauranteed. I think they had us dead last in 1998, and we
went 9-3, finishing in the top 30. Ok, enought living in the past, so lets fast forward to 2005 when
we play in the WAC.

Go Vandals
Go WAC.
I think Idaho will be improved, but their schedule is deadly! Three home games has to be a killer. (I know WAZZU counts as a home game for Idaho, but the Cougars play the game in their stadium and Idaho fans will sit in the visitor section)

Is 8 road games a record for Idaho!
06-10-2004 02:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.