Congratulations!04-cheers
09-22-2007 03:04 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Orange Eagles Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: Cuse Fans!
Thanks, biggest upset in Big East history!

Take that all you people that think 'Cuse brings down the conference. UofL made a great comback on some bad 'Cuse mistakes, but they held on.

I still think this coach sucks, but even if we lose out, I'm quite content with this blow over a conference newbie! Hopefully this gives the team a much needed spark and they can turn some things around going into next season.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2007 03:12 PM by Orange Eagles.)
09-22-2007 03:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
PusherT Offline
1st String

Thanks, I am so happy for these kids and coach Robinson about time something postive happened for us. I thought UofL's Brian Brohm, Harry Dougless and your tight end played really well.

I just think Coach K needs to straighten Urratia he had some foolesh Personal Fouls. As for your defense I just think your secondary is young, how else can you explain for that kind of outburst.
09-22-2007 03:09 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
Agree
09-22-2007 05:07 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

Thanks Wilkie--we were fortunate to hang on...this will help our recruiting immensely if GRob stays on...we have a winnable game next week at Miami-OH...then WVU and Rutgers back to back ouch. Maybe we can upset Rutgers and actually have a chance at 6-6..who knows

Still not sold on: GRob, our Running Game, and UL Defense
09-22-2007 06:09 PM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

We have no defense and now he is starting to ruin our offense as well!
09-22-2007 06:15 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Wow, Wilkie, you and Maize seem to have nailed it spot on! We'll see how they respond.

I remember when Dantonio lost to Army, a majority called for his head, then UC destroyed Memphis the next game. We'll see if this continues for the 'Ville.
09-22-2007 06:31 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Great game Orange..03-woohoo
09-22-2007 06:42 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

thanks--UCF had a nice win today I heard, also......what was the score?
09-22-2007 06:45 PM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

BJUnklFkr Wrote:Wow, Wilkie, you and Maize seem to have nailed it spot on! We'll see how they respond.

I remember when Dantonio lost to Army, a majority called for his head, then UC destroyed Memphis the next game. We'll see if this continues for the 'Ville.

We will know soon enouugh with NC State and Utah! I will not waste the time or money to go to the NC ST, game with Krapthrope as head coach03-phew!
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2007 08:42 PM by Wilkie01.)
09-22-2007 06:55 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
Congrats Cuse! Good to see there's still some fight left in these guys. And I think today's game shows that Louisville is a good team having a bad year and that Syracuse isn't as bad as we think thus proving this conference is 8 teams deep.
09-22-2007 07:02 PM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn
TexanMark Wrote:thanks--UCF had a nice win today I heard, also......what was the score?
The UCF That Many Fans Here Hate defeated The Memphis That Many Fans Here Love 56-20.
09-22-2007 07:10 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I have no ill will toward UCF, Memphis or ECU--I think all would bring many positives to the league
09-22-2007 07:53 PM
Advertisement

Orange Eagles Offline
Special Teams

brista21 Wrote:Congrats Cuse! Good to see there's still some fight left in these guys. And I think today's game shows that Louisville is a good team having a bad year and that Syracuse isn't as bad as we think thus proving this conference is 8 teams deep.

I don't think you can say "still some fight left in them" This team as a whole hasn't experienced any fight. They have "foundthe fight" and have announced that they are still around and plan to be back to regain their former Big East glory!
09-23-2007 01:47 AM
Bull Daly Offline
2nd String

I Root For: South Florida
Many fans love Memphis because of their basketball. There football has been pretty bad the last few years or so. UCF is more improved this season from last year. They should at least make a bowl game in my opinion.
09-23-2007 05:26 AM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Krocker Krapp Wrote:
TexanMark Wrote:thanks--UCF had a nice win today I heard, also......what was the score?
The UCF That Many Fans Here Hate defeated The Memphis That Many Fans Here Love 56-20.

It's not a matter of hating UCF. The fans on this board who tend to 'hate', or at least have disdain for UCF are the USF fans.

The ones who prefer a Memphis or a ECU over UCF basically cite the fact that we want USF to establish itself over time as one of Florida's Top 4.

As good a year as UCF had two years ago and appears to be having a similar type year again this year, USF has indeed surpassed them in terms of perception.

The Bulls are entering the discussion when the topic of Florida's best programs are being mentioned.

I, for one, am not convinced this would be the case if both USF and UCF were Big East teams together and they were competing against each other as equals (BCS teams) in the state of Florida.

And I'd feel precisely the same way about USF if UCF were the Florida team the Big East had selected.

Just as Cincinnati is benefiting in the state of Ohio by being BCS and separating itself from Miami of Ohio, Ohio, and Bowling Green so too are the Bulls benefiting from being BCS and separating themselves from UCF, Florida Atlantic, etc.

The Golden Knights are doing everything they possibly can to improve their situation and to be considered a top expansion candidate should the BEast split and expand. So, I would expect BEast personnel have taken notice of this.

It will be interesting to see their match-up with the Bulls later this year.

Cheers,
Neil
09-23-2007 10:08 AM
ccbfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Krocker Krapp Wrote:

Hey if UCF can get us the Champs bowl or the Capital One bowl (ok I'm being greedy here) then I'd root for UCF too.

Program wise I view UCF and UM about the same but UM gets us the Liberty bowl while UCF gets us at best a low tier bowl in florida which USF is probably going to get us soon anyways. Plus I also believe UCF in the BE will hurt USF while UM won't hurt anyone and might bring recruiting from TN and MS.
09-23-2007 12:54 PM
Advertisement

collegefan75750 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: syracuse
A sign the Big East is getting even better. They are always saying you cant let up a day in the SEC or even the worst team can beat you. Well now we can say that about the Big East also. WAY TO GO SU.
09-23-2007 01:16 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
I always thought if we are to expand, I think UCF would be a good fit. ECU has good fans, which BE needs as well. ECU also has the opportunity to establish itself as the FB team in the NC since all the ACC teams are pretty average at best. Memphis is a little off the foot print of the BE and they are sort of more southern than northeastern. UCF, culturally, would fit the BE pretty good and they could bring maybe another FLA bowl to the table. Who won't want to visit Orlando in January or December?
09-23-2007 01:37 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.