Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Regarding Anthony
Bookmark and Share
A Spartan Fan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

To Broncobob and other posters,

Your high road approach to Anthony’s posts is what he will exploit to come back here often in the future to divert discussion from WAC sports to threads about his board vs. this board. As much as you would want this board to discuss opinions and share information about WAC sports, Anthony tactic is to distract the conversation(s) or the topic of a thread towards him. He will even slip in references (and occasional links) to his own board. Later he will accuse the board of not being a clean WAC board, and promote his own board as the ‘true’ WAC board, mainly because he will delete threads on his board that would ‘dare’ to criticize him, his moderation, or his board.

There are a number of ways to combat this:

1. Ignore him – This is impossible to fully enforce and therefore would not be effective. Even if you do ignore a couple of his posts, he will continue to bait until someone responds.

2. Ban him – Anthony’s business travels allow him to post from several different IP addresses. He also posts under several difference names. But it would tend to isolate him from using his main computer when at home.

3. Delete his posts – Because he uses several difference monikers (including names of other schools posters), it could take a bit of time to recognize an ‘Anthony post’. But once the post is deleted, it would allow other posters to focus on WAC sports.

4. A combination of numbers 1, 2 & 3 – This is probably the most effective, but would take the most time to monitor.

5. Create 'Flame' Message Board - Anthony's posts can be moved to for those that want to take on this bad representative of San Jose State. This is probably the best alternative (IMO) to having his posts distract the discussion of WAC sports.

Anthony believes his board must be the only WAC board (or at least the board 98% of the posters go to). He has a proprietary (meaning financial) interest in his board and will stoop to almost any tactic to promote his site and message board. Whether you realize it, he has declared war on this site to keep new posters and others away, while promoting his own site.

Best of luck to all. Go SJSU!!
06-10-2005 11:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

I Root For: Pirates!

NCAAbbs LUGDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs

a) What a butthead.

2) I think he'll find a pretty formidable opponent in GTS and the other admin here. Plus, when you guys are set-up with your own mods and whatnot, you're pretty well autonomous unless you need someone to break out the Big Ban Gun. How you deal with troublemakers is entirely up to the mods/board.

Moving flames to the smack board seems to work pretty well over on CUSAbbs. Almost nobody reads that board so the flamers end up flaming empty space.
06-10-2005 11:50 AM
BoiseStateRules Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Boise State

Anthony Wrote:What a crock!

The admin from this board (NM state fan) came to my board posting links back to this board.
When he failed to follow the rules, the posts were deleted.

He came back for more, and then we simply banned him as we have no time for such things.
I never visited this site before he came to my board, and I would not have ever come here if this were not the case.

Control your people here, and all will be well like it was before this was all instigated on your part.

As for the spartan fan above, well, I know who that is and don't take that person very seriously.
Neither should you.

This is my last post here, unless you "invite" me over again.

:wave:  :wave:  :wave:  :wave:  :wave:  :wave:  :wave:  :wave:

GEE, Anthony this is only the SECOND time that you have vowed to not return. How many vows does it take for you to actually NOT post anything on this site again? Curious minds want to know. Oh, that's right........you'd have to break your second vow in order to answer that question wouldn't you...............uhhhh.........never mind :wave:
06-10-2005 12:18 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Anthony Wrote:This is my last post here, unless you "invite" me over again.
Is that an OxyMoron
06-10-2005 12:24 PM
Advertisement

clpack Offline
1st String

I Root For: Nevada

I think it's been more than the second time, but anyhoo...when someone responds to him, he construes that as an "invitation" to come back. Thus, no contradiction!

He'll stop only when he figures out that he digs a deeper hole for himself each time he posts...my guess is that ain't gonna happen.
06-10-2005 12:27 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Anthony Wrote:This is my last post here, unless you "invite" me over again.
{Crickets Chirping}
06-10-2005 01:08 PM
Quote this message in a reply
azaggieone Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Anthony Wrote:What a crock!

The admin from this board (NM state fan) came to my board posting links back to this board.
When he failed to follow the rules, the posts were deleted.

He came back for more, and then we simply banned him as we have no time for such things.
I never visited this site before he came to my board, and I would not have ever come here if this were not the case.

Control your people here, and all will be well like it was before this was all instigated on your part.

As for the spartan fan above, well, I know who that is and don't take that person very seriously.
Neither should you.

This is my last post here, unless you "invite" me over again.

:wave:  :wave:  :wave:  :wave:  :wave:  :wave:  :wave:  :wave:
Those rules you talk about were put up AFTER I posted the link btw. And in my post I didn't in anyway defame your board I was just suggesting another board. Also fyi...Your pimping posts are still on the Aggie board I mod. I could have deleted them but I took the high road which you seem to not be able to do. I am not sure what rule I violated...soliciting to this site by putting up a link? What a wimp, you can't stand a little competition and a simple suggesting that people might want to post on a neutral site. I guess I have to give you credit for unbanning me but for all I care you could have kept me off because I'll never post anything on your board again.
06-10-2005 09:17 PM
BMF Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I have expereince with Anthony and I therfore concur with the first couple posts. I don't want to write anymore and give him or his site credibility..., but imop he and his management of his site is a joke.
06-11-2005 01:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.