Does not look very promising right now.
09-15-2007 02:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieBowWow Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: Will we win a game this year?
Temple is looking better than last year. I thought that was an easy W but not after this disaster.
09-15-2007 02:36 PM
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

There will be no easy ones this year, we got beat by a bottom tier team today and the injuries keep comming.
09-15-2007 02:37 PM
HuskieBowWow Offline
All American

“They’re mad and they should be,” head coach Joe Novak said about the state of his team.

You would think the team would be fired up after a disappointing loss last week but the effort I saw today was awful. They look flat every game. Gotta place majority of blame on the coaching staff.
09-15-2007 02:42 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
COHUSKIE Wrote:Does not look very promising right now.

Don't worry, I see a 49 point performance from your offense on October 27th. 03-banghead
09-15-2007 03:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

We aren't a bad team, we're losing close games. Two games by 5 points. It's not like we're getting blown out. But we are getting outcoached and finding ways to lose the game in the end with things like two holding penalties and a botched FG kick.
09-15-2007 03:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rocketfootball Offline
Legend

epasnoopy Wrote:We aren't a bad team, we're losing close games. Two games by 5 points. It's not like we're getting blown out. But we are getting outcoached and finding ways to lose the game in the end with things like two holding penalties and a botched FG kick.

I think it might be hard to tell how good NIU is. You have had 3 fairly close games, but then again you played EMU, SIU, and Iowa. Iowa just lost to Iowa State, which lost to a I-AA by a couple of touchdowns last week. I really think that Iowa is down this year.

That said, I think that the injuries you got have hurt you more than anything. You have some good talent on your team and can definitely be a good team if you can just get it turned around.
09-15-2007 04:01 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

rocketfootball Wrote:
epasnoopy Wrote:We aren't a bad team, we're losing close games. Two games by 5 points. It's not like we're getting blown out. But we are getting outcoached and finding ways to lose the game in the end with things like two holding penalties and a botched FG kick.

I think it might be hard to tell how good NIU is. You have had 3 fairly close games, but then again you played EMU, SIU, and Iowa. Iowa just lost to Iowa State, which lost to a I-AA by a couple of touchdowns last week. I really think that Iowa is down this year.

That said, I think that the injuries you got have hurt you more than anything. You have some good talent on your team and can definitely be a good team if you can just get it turned around.

I agree, the injuries are killing this team right now. We've lost 3 defensive linemen and a LB for the year. Then Clanton for the year. That's three KEY starters. Not including many backups who have been injured (TE's, Spencer Williamson, and Marcus Perez). Damn, this is so depressing.
09-15-2007 04:16 PM
COHUSKIE Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU/ColoState

Disagree. I would agree if we were losing to good teams but we are losing to bottom tier teams. Yes SIU is bottom tier.
09-15-2007 04:52 PM
NIUGAHuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
COHUSKIE Wrote:

Disagree. I would agree if we were losing to good teams but we are losing to bottom tier teams. Yes SIU is bottom tier.

SIU will probably make it to the playoffs. They are a top tier 1AA team, but we should have had a solid win against them. Any decent 1A team should have had a solid win on them, but we don't don't play the game on paper for a reason.
09-15-2007 04:58 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent

Hey welcome back Cohuskie. Right on cue :)
09-15-2007 04:59 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
rocketfootball Wrote:

Don't worry, I see a 49 point performance from your offense on October 27th. 03-banghead
How? Is DJ going to be eligable by the time we play you? 03-weeping
09-15-2007 05:04 PM
COHUSKIE Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU/ColoState
MaddDawgz02 Wrote:

Hey welcome back Cohuskie. Right on cue :)

Well I guess I must not be too bad. You did not ban me. :-)
09-15-2007 05:21 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

RobertN Wrote:
rocketfootball Wrote:

How? Is DJ going to be eligable by the time we play you? 03-weeping

Your receivers will be wide open so my mother could complete the passes, and your running backs will have such big holes to run through that Lee Corso could gain 100 yards against our defense! 03-banghead
09-15-2007 06:01 PM
HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU! NIU! NIU!
our recievers might get open, but then they will see the open field and teh ball coming towards them, freak out and drop the ball
09-15-2007 06:23 PM
cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I have almost abandoned the idea of going to Wisky and watching more dawgs mauled than were so at Vick's farm.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2007 06:37 PM by cyberdawg.)
09-15-2007 06:37 PM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

cyberdawg Wrote:I have almost abandoned the idea of going to Wisky and watching more dawgs mauled than were so at Vick's farm.

Wisky just gave up 31 points to the Citadel.
09-15-2007 06:43 PM
Huskie97 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: H-U-S-K-I-E-S
We aren't a bad team? We just lost at home to Eastern FRIGGIN' Michigan!03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2007 09:13 PM by Huskie97.)
09-15-2007 09:13 PM
Huskie97 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: H-U-S-K-I-E-S
cyberdawg Wrote:I have almost abandoned the idea of going to Wisky and watching more dawgs mauled than were so at Vick's farm.
I'd sell my tix, but, of course, nobody's sent them out yet.
09-15-2007 09:14 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Huskie97 Wrote:
We aren't a bad team? We just lost at home to Eastern FRIGGIN' Michigan!03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead

Eastern Michigan isn't a pushover anymore like they used to be. They have some nice little playmakers now. If you don't think EMU has improved since last season then you are mistaken. Give them some credit.
09-15-2007 09:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.