Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Best rivalry in the B12
Bookmark and Share
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
Best rivalry in the B12
Football:

I think as far as pure hate and regional purposes, I have to say Texas and Texas A&M. I think for history and great teams, it is Texas and Oklahoma, as well as Oklahoma and Nebraska. I still give the edge to UT- TAMU.

Basketball:

From what I have seen, there seems to be alot of bad blood between the KSU and KU fans. I also think Kansas is the best basketball state in the B12 and has the most history. So Ill give them the edge over OU-OSU.
07-09-2006 06:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LINEBACKER
Unregistered

For college football: OU and Texas, Texas and A&M

men's basketball: Kansas vs Texas, Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State, Kansas vs Oklahoma

women's basketball: baylor vs texas, texas vs oklahoma, texas vs texas tech
07-09-2006 07:12 PM
Quote this message in a reply
RC Horn Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Texas

The Big XII's Best Rivalry in any sport will always be the Red River War between us and the Okies. Though Mizzou and Kansas have a nasty "Border War" rivalry as well, it really doesn't come close to UT-OU. There's nothing but pure and utter disdain in this rivalry. If you don't believe me, go to the Pep Rally held in downtown Dallas the night before the game. Yes, we have a long standing rivalry with A&M as well but it's not like the Red River War by any stretch of the means. Most of the bad blood and hatred in the rivalry stem from the Aggies, not the Longhorns.
07-10-2006 11:40 PM
Advertisement

Wabashcannonballer Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

yo cougarreggie or w/e there is no ******* way the best basketball rivals in the Big XII is KU Texas and KU OU, those aren't even the two biggest ones for KU, KU Mizzou and KU Kstate are KU's biggest rivials in anysport
07-21-2006 11:10 AM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
RE: Best rivalry in the B12
"Linebacker" seems to have it covered on all fronts...Unfortunately , I live in SEC country, so I'm not very fortunate to get to see Baylor's Womens basketball team, & I can't attest to the various rivalries in much other than football and men's basketball, in a conference like the Big 12, there have to be more, but I'm not privy to them, so my offering will deal with the following observation:

Football: Texas - Oklahoma
Men's basketball : Kansas -Texas

I'm sure there are several other schools that can stake a solid claim to be in a rivalry mix, Missouri for sure in basketball, y'all acquired a good man in Mike Anderson to run that team, we had an exciting brand of basketball to watch when he coached UAB, "The Fastest 40 Minutes In Basketball" was our moniker, and will soon be Mizzou's, if not already...I'm always curious about other parts of the country and how passionate they are about certain teams/schools, we definitely don't have the market on enthusiasm cornered in my hometown, & the Big 12 always makes some noise from one season to the next...Good luck to whoever has your allegiance...
12-09-2009 05:33 PM
big12jon Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Big 12 Football
RE: Best rivalry in the B12
You will get different answers depending on who a person is a fan of. OU Texas has to be right up there with Texas Texas A&M, in football anyway.
12-18-2009 04:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.