Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Introducing the AK-OLDIES
Bookmark and Share
Zip81 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Akron-BGSU-MAC
Introducing the AK-OLDIES
Well there's been some talk, but it's finally here...introducing the AK-OLDIES.

It's a UA Alumni spirit group, which has a mission of:

1. Having fun
2. Supporting the Zips

If it ever stops being fun...I'm out!

For a $12 fee, you get an AK-OLDIES t shirt with your membership...optional hats are $10.

We don't have any annual fees at this point...don't know if we ever will. We just want to get this thing going.

Since we're so close to football season, we'd like to distribute the shirts and hats at the first Rubber Bowl game to save postage. If you just can't wait, which I totally understand, just e-mail us and we'll make arrangements.

There is only a slight mark up to pay for the Web site..postage if needed and to purchase more shirts and hats. Two of us alums have put up our own money to get it off the ground. Nobody is making anything off of this...strictly non-profit.

We are coordinating with the Alumni Asso.

We want to have tailgate parties off the bat...who know where the future will take us.

Anyone who wishes to help is welcome.

A Web site has been put together, and it looks rather good if I do say so myself.

AK-OLDIES.org website features

Club description: The AK-OLDIES are a proud group of University of Akron alumni that is dedicated to supporting ZIPS athletics. If you are someone who loves to support the ZIPS by attending games and cheering wildly, and you are a U of A alumni, then you should be an AK-OLDIE!

Memories: You’ll find photos and videos (future) submitted by Zips alumni. Please submit your pictures and videos from past Zips events!

Links: An extensive list of Akron Zips related links. Have one you don’t see? Click on CONTACT US to submit!

Game Day Resources: Schedules, future game notes, ticket into, driving directions and more!

History & Traditions: What was Jon Heisman’s role in Zips history? Visit this section to find out!

AK-OLDIES Store: Need an extra t-shirt or hat, stop by to shop!

Comments, questions or suggestions? Go to http://www.akoldies.org/contactus.php

Here's the link:

http://www.akoldies.org/

If you would like to join, just click on "join."

This could be a lot of fun!!

We hope you like, we hope you enjoy.

If you are currently and undergrad..sorry, you're an AK-ROWDIE until you get the sheepskin. But we certainly want you after you move the tassle.

Don't know where this is going to go...let's hop on for the ride and lets find out!

Thanks and Go Zips!!!
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2007 07:57 PM by Zip81.)
08-19-2007 04:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FearTheRoo Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
RE: Introducing the AK-OLDIES
02-13-banana02-13-banana

Hey, keep the ideas coming. One project we want to work on is some wallpapers for download. The podcasts will resume through http://www.uofazips.com with the start of the season.

What else could we do???
08-22-2007 08:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zip81 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Akron-BGSU-MAC
RE: Introducing the AK-OLDIES
FearTheRoo Wrote:02-13-banana02-13-banana

Hey, keep the ideas coming. One project we want to work on is some wallpapers for download. The podcasts will resume through http://www.uofazips.com with the start of the season.

What else could we do???

Can you do Screensavers?

Links to Zips videos on YouTube.com....especially the Getsy to Hixon pass to win the 2005 Championship!
08-22-2007 09:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.