Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tech ranked #18 AP, #20 CP (VT is #21, #18)
georgia_tech_swagger
Unregistered

Tech ranked #18 AP, #20 CP (VT is #21, #18)
...... and the coach's poll gives us yet another excuse why it shouldn't exist.
10-01-2006 03:38 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pcooper114GT Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Goergia Tech

Complete bullcrap. We beat a number 10 team, and yet they are still ranked higher than us? I think we showed the nation what VaTech really is: NOT a top 25 team.
10-01-2006 04:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
techfan4
Unregistered

Well...I hope that VT IS a top 25 team for the most part. That way, every week we go higher and higher.

I'm not worried about rankings..they just prove the fact that they are pointless until the BCS becomes serious. If we keep winning, we'll be right where we want to be: Jacksonville.
10-01-2006 05:30 PM
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger
Unregistered

Pcooper114GT Wrote:Complete bullcrap. We beat a number 10 team, and yet they are still ranked higher than us? I think we showed the nation what VaTech really is: NOT a top 25 team.

Coach's poll shouldn't exist anymore.

You're a coach at a major college program. You have a Top 10 program coming into your place next week. Do you prepare for your opponent... or research last week's scores and games to send in your coach's poll ballot. Hmmmm. It's fairly obvious the coach's poll is a laugher for the most part. Georgia Tech was punished for giving Notre Dame all they could handle, and Notre Dame was punished for not beating Georgia Tech by enough.... and if that makes sense to you, consider a career in politics. The mini "Jim Tressel controversy" over the true #1 on his ballot is just another reason in the ever-growing list of reasons why there should not be a coach's poll.
10-01-2006 05:31 PM
Pcooper114GT Offline
Water Engineer

techfan4 Wrote:Well...I hope that VT IS a top 25 team for the most part. That way, every week we go higher and higher.

I'm not worried about rankings..they just prove the fact that they are pointless until the BCS becomes serious. If we keep winning, we'll be right where we want to be: Jacksonville.

I agree with you. Rankings do everything BUT show what kind of team we really are. But, as a lifelong Tech fan literally surrounded by rabid dawgs, I'd like the respect that I think is WAY obvious that we deserve this year, and I think a national ranking can help.

But overall, you're totally right. If we win the rest of our ACC games, even if we lose the UGA game (hypothetically, people), we will end up in Jacksonville.
10-01-2006 06:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

techfan4
Unregistered

Well yeah...respect it one thing, but even if we win out and win the ACC, and that thing they call a school to the east loses 4 games, we still won't get the respect we deserve. Should we? Yes.

THWG.
10-01-2006 07:01 PM
Pcooper114GT Offline
Water Engineer

Good point.
I'm not sure that our Jackets will ever get the respect that they deserve.

Doesn't matter to me though. As long as we keep putting up W's, everything they say bounces off of me and sticks to them, because I'm rubber and they're glue....

Doesn't quite rhyme as well in the third person.

But dang it. Anyone else incredibly happy with Ball's performance thus far? I mean yea, he's got 5 interceptions (Let me say, the one against Troy in the end zone, Calvin Johnson's route was CLEARLY interfered with, and the second one against VaTech, Johnson lost it in the sun. Had Johnson not lost it, he may not have caught it, but he would've stopped the defender from doing so), and he's still around the 50% mark as always, but in the last two games, he has connected with CJ for 3 of his longest receptions ever. The critics have always said Calvin Johnson is totally useless if there isn't a quarterback who can find him.

Here's a few interesting stats, offering credibility to my eulogizing Ball:
- Johnson now has 7 touchdowns already, the same as his season total
for 2004, and one more than the total for last year.
- Obviously, Ball is literally running his way into the record books.
- Over Ball's first 3 seasons, his average QB rating is at about 103.817.
His current Rating is at 132.9.
- So far, CJ already has about half of his first two season's total yardage,
and is averaging 85.2 yards per game.
- Ball is averaging 46.2 yards per game rushing, and about 5 yards per
run (which, in my opinion, is comparable to most running backs), all
mostly on the designed QB draw.
- Ball has completed 54 receptions to 13 different recievers so far
(diversity on offense is a good thing, in my opinion), and even caught
one himself.
- Over Ball's first 3 seasons, he averaged about 12 touchdowns.
He currently has 9.
- Over Ball's first 3 seasons, he averaged aalmost 1 interception per each
touchdown. So far this season, he's thrown nearly 1 interception for
every 2 touchdowns.

I've always been a Reggie Ball supporter, despite numerous mistakes and very harsh criticism, and statistics don't lie; Reggie Ball is improving ferociously. As for the claims that he has a bad attitude, pointing out how much trash he seems to be talking on the field, that can be a good and a bad thing. But our new, matured Ball knowswhen to stop, thus neutralizing any negative threat of the occasional unsportsmanlike conduct penaly he's been know to cause. He's hard headed and stubborn, but he's smart.

If you're still reading, I apologize for the length of this. It may be a bit obvious that I'm new to this board and very happy to have found it. I've been surrounded by rabid dawgs all my life, and obviously have never had anyone to discuss Tech stuff with. Heck, I even had trouble finding someone to go with me to the Tech/Notre Dame game!

Anyways, All that I have said above are my opinions, so if there are any Reggie Ball haters out there reading this (because let's face it, people hate him), I'm not looking for an argument.

But as always, your opinion in welcome:)
10-01-2006 08:09 PM
Advertisement

techfan4
Unregistered

Terrific stats. Reggie certainly has matured over his years, and I think this year he is turning the corner. As Tech fans, we just have to face the facts: Reggie will be a 50% completion passer, but he has the threat to run, and of course CJ is there. Instead of bashing Reggie, we should have accepted him as our quarterback. I think all of the crap that Reggie took in his first 2 years led to his brother going to FSU(although grades may have been an issue).

Once again, welcome to the board! I've been a member here for over 4 and 1/2 years(since the beginning) and I have loved every minute of being on it. I hope you enjoy your stay :)

If Reggie can beat Clemson, UGA, and Miami, I think we could declare him the Jason Campbell of 2006.
10-01-2006 08:53 PM
georgia_tech_swagger
Unregistered

Ball, all things considered, isn't that bad of a QB, especially compared to his predecessor.

That being said, he's no JH or GG. I'm really interested to see what TB can do in his time.... he throws the football like a javalin. Looks so effortless and clean.
10-01-2006 11:10 PM
techfan4
Unregistered

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:Ball, all things considered, isn't that bad of a QB, especially compared to his predecessor.

That being said, he's no JH or GG. I'm really interested to see what TB can do in his time.... he throws the football like a javalin. Looks so effortless and clean.

And Threet and Nesbitt..they are 2 of the highest rated QB's to come through Atlanta..
10-02-2006 05:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.