Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Christians United for Isreal Tour- Some scary stuff
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Christians United for Isreal Tour- Some scary stuff
Talk about Imans wanting to bring the 12th caliphante or whatever. We got our own nutjobs trying to bring the rapture right here in America and they have political influence. Scary times indeed!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/max-blumen...57826.html
07-26-2007 08:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Christians United for Isreal Tour- Some scary stuff
Yeah, and they're just SOOOO prevalent. /sarcasm

Try again, Dogger.
07-26-2007 08:16 AM
Quote this message in a reply
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
No denying that group is scary! Just another example of the bad religion can do when taken to extremes.

I do have to point out, though, that the term "ulterior agenda" is an oxymoron (as soon as you create an "agenda" it is no longer "ulterior"). Not sure why he didn't say "ulterior motives"...just trying to be different I guess.
07-26-2007 08:17 AM
Advertisement

blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
Machiavelli Wrote:Talk about Imans wanting to bring the 12th caliphante or whatever. We got our own nutjobs trying to bring the rapture right here in America and they have political influence. Scary times indeed!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/max-blumen...57826.html

Wow, what a reliable source..... I'm sure there is no spin involved there....

Wanting the rapture to come and making it happen are two different things. I'm not sure how you can equate what these people are doing to Muslims blowing themselves up and taking hundreds of people with them in their Jihad? These people aren't hurting anyone. In fact they are trying to help a group of people. Then this *******, Max, goes and infiltrates their meeting to make fun of them and tape them and then edit their responses in a Michael Moore type editorial piece of crap. Other than a chance to make fun of someone's beliefs, what does this piece accomplish?
07-26-2007 08:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Machiavelli Offline

Quote:Wanting the rapture to come and making it happen are two different things

I think there is a certain segment of the Jewish population that wants us to go to war in Iran. What's crazy is Iran's influence manipulated us into going into Iraq. Chalabi and others played this administartion like a violin. It's been a domino effect that has left us with really no viable options.
07-26-2007 11:40 AM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
His source isn't much different than the sources quoted by people on the right here. Any time someone runs their life entirely on religion it is scary, IMO (whether christian, muslim, or even jedi). You don't want to run your life that way, great. That doesn't mean everyone else has to conform to your rules.
07-26-2007 11:55 AM
T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI
Quote:But CUFI has an ulterior agenda: its support for Israel derives from the belief of Hagee and his flock that Jesus will return to Jerusalem after the battle of Armageddon and cleanse the earth of evil. In the end, all the non-believers - Jews, Muslims, Hindus, mainline Christians, etc. - must convert or suffer the torture of eternal damnation.

So how is this any different than every other Christian? I thought this was called Revelations?

This guy tries to make Armageddon appear as something bad. Armageddon means the end of our seperation from Christ. How is being with God a bad thing? Armageddon is a day to look forward to.

That among many things I find laughable with this "report".
07-26-2007 12:48 PM
Advertisement

blazr Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
T-Monay820 Wrote:
Quote:But CUFI has an ulterior agenda: its support for Israel derives from the belief of Hagee and his flock that Jesus will return to Jerusalem after the battle of Armageddon and cleanse the earth of evil. In the end, all the non-believers - Jews, Muslims, Hindus, mainline Christians, etc. - must convert or suffer the torture of eternal damnation.

So how is this any different than every other Christian? I thought this was called Revelations?

This guy tries to make Armageddon appear as something bad. Armageddon means the end of our seperation from Christ. How is being with God a bad thing? Armageddon is a day to look forward to.

That among many things I find laughable with this "report".

Yet again, looking forward to the end times is quite different than working to spur the death of thousands (millions?) to make it happen (or what they hope/believe will happen). I don't care how much you believe...when someone even hints at justifying the deaths of others for the betterment of your religion (i.e., god's will, fulfill prophecy, they are infidels, etc.), then any sane/rational human should start asking questions. Note that this is different from defending your religion, this is attacking and killing others because you think that's what the Bible intends to happen. And the Christians on this board need to stop pretending like the freaks this "journalist" talked to either don't exist or are marginalized. Spend any amount of time in any church, but especially in the South, and you will hear stuff eerily similar to what these people are saying. They are not as influential in mainstream or governmental circles as some would like to assert, but they are out there nonetheless and are not a tiny minority either.

The folks from this article are just as wacko as those from the "San Francisco 4th of July" a few posts back...
07-26-2007 02:11 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
Machiavelli Wrote:
Quote:Wanting the rapture to come and making it happen are two different things

I think there is a certain segment of the Jewish population that wants us to go to war in Iran. What's crazy is Iran's influence manipulated us into going into Iraq. Chalabi and others played this administartion like a violin. It's been a domino effect that has left us with really no viable options.

This doesn't have anything to do with the clip your link is for. Your link was aimed at mocking both Christians and Jews for their respective beliefs, which at the end of the day has nothing to do with politics.

As a side note: Although Max and you probably think there is an ulterior motive behind what these Christians are doing, there probably isn't. Jews are waiting for their "Messiah" to come. It is a known fact, you can check with any devout Jew. Their Tanakh and the Old Testament of the Bible match up very closely. The only difference is that Christians think that the "Messiah" is Jesus, while the Jews do not (i.e. second coming vs. first).

In both religions for Daniel's 70th week to occur, there needs to be a Jewish temple. That temple needs to be built on the same site that the original was built on in Jerusalem. Today there is a big obstacle standing in the way. It is called the "Dome of the Rock", Islam's 3rd most holy site. If you wanted a group to compare to the Muslim extremists, it would be a group that would want to blow up the "Dome of the Rock" with hopes of rebuilding the Temple.
07-26-2007 02:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Machiavelli Offline

Quote:Armageddon means the end of our seperation from Christ. How is being with God a bad thing? Armageddon is a day to look forward to.

Hey, Dr. Strangelove,

This has the "The Day I stopped worrying about Mullah's and embraced the Bomb" feel to it. Call me crazy, but anyone who wants speed up Armageddon to be with their God should be committed.
07-27-2007 07:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.