Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Can it go lower????
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Can it go lower????
Bush's approval rating hits 25%. The lowest ever recorded. That number in and of itself is stunning but that's not what this thread is supposed to be about. I want to go on record and say this is the floor. I can't imagine it going any lower.

[/align]
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2007/0...roval.html[/url]

Now Time magazine has an article out this week about the draft. I guess there is only two ways to sustain "the surge" that is being debated in some circles. Extend the current troops to 18 months or increase recruits. If a war breaks out with Iran and we have to reinstitute a draft watch Bush's numbers go into the teens.

What say you?
07-24-2007 07:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
RE: Can it go lower????
[Image: Waterboy_2.jpg]

You caaan dooo it.....
07-24-2007 08:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griffen Offline
Banned

I Root For:
...and yet Congress' approval rating is even lower
07-24-2007 08:07 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
griffen Wrote:...and yet Congress' approval rating is even lower

That's what I thought the post was about when I clicked it. 03-nutkick
07-24-2007 08:23 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

blazr Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Machiavelli Wrote:Bush's approval rating hits 25%. The lowest ever recorded. That number in and of itself is stunning but that's not what this thread is supposed to be about. I want to go on record and say this is the floor. I can't imagine it going any lower.

[/align]
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2007/0...roval.html[/url]

Now Time magazine has an article out this week about the draft. I guess there is only two ways to sustain "the surge" that is being debated in some circles. Extend the current troops to 18 months or increase recruits. If a war breaks out with Iran and we have to reinstitute a draft watch Bush's numbers go into the teens.

What say you?

Here's what I say, and follow me closely please: this proves just how shallow and unintelligent the American electorate is. Please understand I am not defending Bush, and I wouldn't be defending congress if we were discussing their approval numbers, I'm simply saying that as we move further and further into the "Information Age" the public takes on more and more of a sheep mentality. I think we are going to see more "extreme" opinions in polls as people stampede (or are herded) from one viewpoint to another...this won't be the last administration, congress, or judicial to go from extremely high approval marks to extremely low (and probably back again). I'm not a statistician, but I would make a fair bet that the majority of people queried in these polls wouldn't be able to make one defensible, intelligent argument about why this administration is so bad (again, not arguing that reasons don't exist, just that the majority of people don't care enough to know one way or the other...Bush/Cheney = bad has become the political flavor of the season). Like the issue du jour: executive privilege and congressional contempt. The core of this argument is a complicated, legal issue with lawyers on both sides saying they are in a hazy area with valid arguments either way. But the media, some politicians, and a whole lot of the hoi polloi can't avoid yelling and flinging crap at each other like one side is evil incarnate and the other is a bastion of goodness and nicety.
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2007 10:41 AM by blazr.)
07-24-2007 10:38 AM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
he's at 38% on Rasmusseun today, the low point was in May/June with Amnesty. All the polls listed on Real Clear Politics(CBS, NBC, Gallup, etc) which includes the liberal swayed push polls he's above 30% recently so this paticular one is suspect, but at this point its all irrelevant for most part anyway.
07-24-2007 10:47 AM
EastStang Offline
All American

I Root For:
My prediction: Bush will be judged far less harshly by history.
07-24-2007 01:55 PM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
EastStang Wrote:My prediction: Bush will be judged far less harshly by history.

I agree with that.
07-24-2007 02:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.