Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FB Roster
Bookmark and Share
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
FB Roster
The FB roster looks like it was updated when the new emueagles.com website rolled out yesterday.

EMU is definetly bigger and deeper on both lines. At LB, Holtzclaw is up to 240lbs. The defensive front 7 should be very tough.

Call me crazy, but I still say that the defense could be among the best in the MAC. If Schmitt can stay healthy and the necessary offensive adjustments are made then EMU could get out of the basement.
07-17-2007 09:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

huroncowboy Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU
RE: FB Roster
Thanks Bender for the heads up! Bender is right about the weight check these examples out:

Everson 202 now listed at 220 Johnson LM 260 now 275
Bonner TE was 220 now 235 LeDuc was 210 now 235 at TE
Hatchett LB was 200 now listed at 200 Davis OL was 245 now 260
Keevan was 220 now 240 Demaster was 265 now 285
Young de was 235 now 250 Lang 270 now 290
Radney dt was 245 now 270

That's alot of weight training!

I noted that FORMER prop 48 Clint Allen at 6'1, almost 210 was listed at RB, he may be a bit rusty, but this guy does have raw speed to play at RB, WR or DB. There will be stiff competition at RB.

And Rock here's a WR to keep your eye on originally from Southfield Lathrup, Ben Holloway who started his career at CMU was redshirted, transferred to Hargrove Military Prep where he was hand timed at 4.28 in the 40, had some good stats his first year playing 42 catches, 736 yards, 6 TDs. Went to Long Beach City College and had a down year last year don't know if he was injured. Rivals has him running a 4.4 40, and he was also in the Scout database for the 2007 recruiting year. Okay size at 5'11, 185.

Of course EMU Steve is right, you can throw away all those press clippings come August 2 when grueling 2 a day drills start. Then you answer the question do you want to play Div I football? We'll see how many incoming freshmen survive the test and how many actually show up ready to give it a try.
07-17-2007 07:27 PM
Dennis Rachwal Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
TEAM OFFENSE - HEARD THAT SCHMITT HAS RE HABBED WELL AND SHOULD BE A FACTOR AT QB. AGRRE WITH COWBOY ON THE OFFENSE, MUST STEP UP. RB WILL BE VERY COMPETITIVE AS WILL THE WR POSITIONS. I'M HEARING THAT GRAHAM'S SPRING GAME SHOWING COULD HAVE BEEN A ONE TIME PERFORMANCE, ALSO HEAR THAT BEARD, ANOTHER TRANSFER MAY FIGURE AT WR. STAFF IS ALSO COUNTING ON FOX TO STEP UP. FIRST I'VE HEARD ABOUT HOLLOWAY, HOPE SOMEONE STEPS UP AND IS THE REAL DEAL. WE NEED TO SCORE SOME TD'S VIA THE AIR AND GROUND. RUNING GAME HAS BEEN NON-EXITENT FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS AND THE PASSING GAME HAS BEEN MORE OF THE DING VARITY. HOPE THE NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR OPENS IT UP.
07-17-2007 10:40 PM
Advertisement

EagleWarrior Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
huroncowboy Wrote:Thanks Bender for the heads up! Bender is right about the weight check these examples out:

I noted that FORMER prop 48 Clint Allen at 6'1, almost 210 was listed at RB, he may be a bit rusty, but this guy does have raw speed to play at RB, WR or DB. There will be stiff competition at RB.

And Rock here's a WR to keep your eye on originally from Southfield Lathrup, Ben Holloway who started his career at CMU was redshirted, transferred to Hargrove Military Prep where he was hand timed at 4.28 in the 40, had some good stats his first year playing 42 catches, 736 yards, 6 TDs. Went to Long Beach City College and had a down year last year don't know if he was injured. Rivals has him running a 4.4 40, and he was also in the Scout database for the 2007 recruiting year. Okay size at 5'11, 185.

Of course EMU Steve is right, you can throw away all those press clippings come August 2 when grueling 2 a day drills start. Then you answer the question do you want to play Div I football? We'll see how many incoming freshmen survive the test and how many actually show up ready to give it a try.
Hey Cowboy, as I said in earlier post`s, these guys have been bulking up. And these size stats are from April, some have gotten bigger ie, Lang almost 300 lbs now as the other o-lineman are bigger. Allen will start out at WR and I know it must have been a typo, but Davis is 365 lbs not 265 actaully they want him at about 320 lbs, so he has alot of work ahead of him, but to his credit he has been showing up alot and staying and working out with the offensive lineman, he seems dedicated and Gotham has been ther evryday. I know you didnt say it but, as for "Fox showing up"...he`s only a freshman, make sit sound like he`s a veteran, but I know the intent of the statement...and look for Blevins to good things this year..also another name to throw in there at WR Hoover, this kid looked good in the springand they like him alot...possesion type reciever.....
07-18-2007 06:06 AM
EagleWarrior Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
huroncowboy Wrote:Thanks Bender for the heads up! Bender is right about the weight check these examples out:

My bad Cowboy, I should have known better than try to correct you...lol....just figured out you were reffering to Eric Davis not Bednauro-Davis...my apologies, actually didnt realize we had another Davis.....
07-22-2007 05:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.