Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What an incredibly stupid, useless poll...
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
What an incredibly stupid, useless poll...
Poll: Surge failed

First, the surge just reached full troop levels 3 weeks ago. Second, how the hell is the common man sitting on his couch at home going to have any clue whether a military strategy is succeeding or not? Can you imagine if this crap was going on during WWII?!?
07-14-2007 04:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
RE: What an incredibly stupid, useless poll...
In WWII, Congress declared war, following the constitutional guidelines regarding war.

In WWII they didn't suspend habeas corpus.

In WWII there wasn't warrant less wiretapping going on.

In WWII there wasn't an internet, but if there was, I bet it wouldn't be subject to warrant less spying.

We entered WWII due to Pearl Harbor and to aid our allies. We entered Iraq unprovoked on WMD lies. Iraq posed no threat to us or our allies.

If we're going to gripe about something Iraq related, public opinion polls should be very very VERY low on the list.
07-14-2007 07:12 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
blazr Wrote:Poll: Surge failed

First, the surge just reached full troop levels 3 weeks ago. Second, how the hell is the common man sitting on his couch at home going to have any clue whether a military strategy is succeeding or not? Can you imagine if this crap was going on during WWII?!?

Most people do not understand the military because there hasn't been a draft in over 30 years. The only people that have any clue as to what is going on have either served in the military or have family that do.
07-14-2007 07:36 PM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:In WWII, Congress declared war, following the constitutional guidelines regarding war.

In WWII there wasn't an internet, but if there was, I bet it wouldn't be subject to warrant less spying.

We entered WWII due to Pearl Harbor and to aid our allies. We entered Iraq unprovoked on WMD lies. Iraq posed no threat to us or our allies.

If we're going to gripe about something Iraq related, public opinion polls should be very very VERY low on the list.

In WWII, Axis combatants didn't sneak onto American soil in civilian clothes, taking advantage of our open society, to kill American citizens.
07-14-2007 07:37 PM
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
blazr Wrote:
georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:In WWII, Congress declared war, following the constitutional guidelines regarding war.

In WWII, Axis combatants didn't sneak onto American soil in civilian clothes, taking advantage of our open society, to kill American citizens.

There were axis combatants in America spying, and indeed plotting to kill Americans. Most notably the Japanese trying to figure out where their balloon bombs were landing. So sorry, but you're wrong.
07-14-2007 07:40 PM
Observer Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
[/quote]

Iraq had combatants sneak onto American soil to kill Americans?
07-14-2007 08:37 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Observer Wrote:Iraq had combatants sneak onto American soil to kill Americans?

Wasn't the reason we went there, so what's your point? You do have one, no?
07-14-2007 11:31 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:.... axis combatants in America spying, and indeed plotting to kill Americans. Most notably the Japanese trying to figure out where their balloon bombs were landing. So sorry, but you're wrong.

In World War II Germany landed some saboteurs on Long Island and in Florida, but they were caught shortly after coming ashore..
07-15-2007 12:27 AM
Sophandros Offline
Gulf Coast Elitist

I Root For: Tulane/Saints

New Orleans Bowl
blazr Wrote:

Neither did Iraq.
07-15-2007 12:42 PM
Sophandros Offline
Gulf Coast Elitist

I Root For: Tulane/Saints

New Orleans Bowl
RebelKev Wrote:

Wasn't the reason we went there, so what's your point? You do have one, no?

Yes, but our President refuses to admit the real reason that we're over there. If he were to be honest with the American people and simply admit that the reason that we're in Iraq is to make a small group of people richer, I'd be fine with it. At least he's not lying to us anymore, in that case.
07-15-2007 12:44 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Sophandros Wrote:If he were to be honest with the American people and simply admit that the reason that we're in Iraq is to make a small group of people richer, I'd be fine with it.

03-lmfao
07-15-2007 02:53 PM
Quote this message in a reply
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:

Ramsey Youssef and Abdul Rahman Yasin to name a couple

[Image: 48.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2007 04:14 PM by GGniner.)
07-15-2007 04:03 PM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:

the Consitution says the following in Article I section 8: "To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;"

That is all it says, no guidelines just that Congress has to declare War. So tell me how this was not a Declaration of War on Iraq(and I suggest reading this and the other laws referenced in it from the 1990's)

Iraq WAR Resolution

Congress voted on and passed an Authorization of the Use of Force, "Iraq War Resolution"....per Constitution it is or would argued in court it is Constitutional.

Quote:In WWII they didn't suspend habeas corpus.

in WW2 they rounded up Japanese-Americans and threw them into Internement camps!!! do you know any history? With War on Terror, we have not suspended Habeaus, unless you are dumb enough to think someone who has declared WAR ON THE NATION and is working FOR FOREIGN AGENTS, has the same rights as you and I....

In W
Quote:WII there wasn't warrant less wiretapping going on.

Domestic wiretapping isn't, International is and is constitutional. Further Technology is so advanced now its a different ballgame. We have stopped multiple terrorist attacks on our nation, like the Brooklyn Bridge bombing. By simply listening to communications going from other countries here. Not by listening though of course, which is impossible and they don't have near the manpower. but to filter it through a matrix and look for keywords, like "brooklyn bridge" over and over, or "bomb" or "jihad" or other code words...

Quote:We entered WWII due to Pearl Harbor and to aid our allies. We entered Iraq unprovoked on WMD lies. Iraq posed no threat to us or our allies.

keep drinking the kool-aid, it must be good....rational thought works best to cure the hangover.
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2007 04:47 PM by GGniner.)
07-15-2007 04:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.