Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Belmont and Lipscomb
Bookmark and Share
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Belmont and Lipscomb
All this nonsense aside....what do you Kennesaw fans (and one mercer fan) predict out of Belmont and Lipscomb this year
07-07-2007 01:21 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

I Root For: The Bears

Donators
RE: Belmont and Lipscomb
Well, the bottom 4 teams are going to be easy.... (Upstate, UNF, Stetson, FGCU)

I say Campbell and Gardner Webb fall in at #8 and #7 respectively.

I say Lipscomb falls at #4 out of the remaining 6, and Belmont is either 5th or 6th.
07-07-2007 07:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
I bet that FGCU and Stetson arent that easy. Also remember that UNF took the almighty ETSU to the limit last year at UNF. Stetson also is a tough team to sweep. While I dont think that UNF or Upstate have a chance at the top of the league, I wouldnt count Stetson or FGCU out at this point. Stetson returns a very strong team, and FGCU should bring in a pretty good squad from DII if they were able to get them DI eligible.
07-07-2007 10:55 PM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Belmont finds a way to finish number 2 right behind us.
07-07-2007 11:55 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Yeah we also shot 30% and only scored 56 points. Worst shooting effort for the Bucs in some time. And I hope you dont think it was because of UNF's great defense.
07-08-2007 01:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kr983 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
I understand ETSU... Ohio State shot well below their three point average vs. florida and it had nothing to do with the defense...they were missing wide open looks and it was just an off day for them. In fact if ohio state had shot above 30 percent from three they would have won lol. Golfinger what makes you think belmont will be so great? They lost both of their big men... and i dont think their guards have enough to make up for it.
07-08-2007 11:14 AM
Advertisement

1st String

ETSUfan1 Wrote:Yeah we also shot 30% and only scored 56 points. Worst shooting effort for the Bucs in some time. And I hope you dont think it was because of UNF's great defense.

I am only suggesting that penciling in wins against any team in the conference is a misguided assumption. Sometimes your down game comes against a teams best game ... that might have been what happened against UNF for ya'll last year. I know UNF took Kennesaw to overtime at UNF as well and without Golden's last minute heroics we would have probably lost to them.
07-08-2007 01:25 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
Belmont and Lipscomb are two of the most well coached teams in the conference. Lipscomb will always be good defensively which will keep them in games, and Belmont still has Justin Hare. G-Webb and Campbell will both be really good this year.
07-08-2007 02:05 PM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Buccaneerlover is absolutely correct.

Belmont is just smart. The conference isn't just going to roll over them next year. Belmont has never had what I would call talent, what they've got is a bunch of white guys who play with in their limitations and they do it under the watchful eye of that sweater wearing coach who I must begrudgingly admit is the best in the league.

They lose Boomer and Preston...but lets not forget what they are bringing back.

6-9 Keaton Belcher (Byrd will get production out of him)
6-11 Mike Dejworek (I don't know who this guy is)
6-8 Mathew Dotson (a six eight kid that can step out and hit the three)

Plus they have some 6-6 kids who I wont even bother with. They may not have quite the size that they did last year...but they will be right in the heart of it...I guarantee it.

For ETSU fans....I would describe Belmont as being like a really good Citadel team. Not an athlete among them, but they can shoot the three, they play well with each other, and they seem to know how to give ETSU trouble. It seems we've always had more trouble with little teams like that then we have had with big athletic teams.
07-08-2007 02:26 PM
1st String

Belmont is going to have a lot of trouble winning the conference unless one of their big men becomes a dominant force. This past season if you didnt clamp down on Boomer or the other guy they were pretty much going to score it or draw a foul. Once you clamped down their excellent shooters just knocked down wide open jump shots. In order for Belmont's offensive scheme from last year to work you have to have a dominant (or two) big men. Belmont is going to be good regardless, but they will have to chance up their scheme a bit it seems to make a run at the title...Byrd is a good coach so he should be able to put something together, but usually in system-oriented offenses like Belmont it is somewhat difficult to make adjustments. You almost have to find the players to fit the system...not change the system to fit the players.

Lipscomb will be better than ever in my opinion. Ard is going to win POY, their big men are solid, and there is no easier position to fill than combo guards which is what they lost. Lipscomb will finish in the top 3 guaranteed in my opinion...it depends on if their recruiting class can bring in a big hitter.
07-08-2007 09:41 PM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
We'll see about Belmont, but Ard will not be POY.

And I am assuming that Lipscombs big men who are "solid" are the new comers.
07-08-2007 10:39 PM
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

Belmont will be in the top three, with us and Lipscomb, depending on how the rest of the summer goes. An injury in a pickup game, someone flunking out of summer school, etc... can change an entire team around.
Ard's a good player, but not the POTY.
07-11-2007 04:20 PM
kr983 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Seeing that you are all in the northern division I doubt all three of you will finish top three... I am sure a southern team will be among the top lol
07-12-2007 11:17 AM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Yeah because you play extemely weak teams in the south.
07-12-2007 12:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nick M Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
DonatorsDonators
Gotta love divisions. We didn't pick them. Plus, Mercer and JU have excellent teams as well. There's pushovers in both divisions and quite honestly, we don't have a clue how the top half of the teams are going to actually perform this year until OOC starts.
07-12-2007 01:02 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

Three of the top four teams from last season are in one division, and guess what, they'll dominate the weaker south. I'm not talking about tournament seeding rube, I'm talking about talent. It's going to look really funny when Jacksonville has the only winning record in the south division, and there's four teams in the north that have winning records.
07-12-2007 02:46 PM
Advertisement

Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
It'd be hilarious buclover cause something would have to go hilariously wrong.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2007 03:49 PM by Nick M.)
07-12-2007 03:49 PM
BelmontSuperFan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Belmont
I love Belmont to death and want to believe in our basketball teams next year, but it's going to be hard. We really don't have a presence in the paint since Boomer and Preston left. J-Hare is returning, along with Dotson, Harris, and Belcher. A lot of new blood will see some playing time this year. It's going to be another good year for basketball. Having the men's and women's tournament together will hopefully draw a bigger crowd. Good luck to all teams next year. It's anyone's game.
07-19-2007 12:22 AM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

The math is simple *******, we had four teams in the A-Sun finish with winning records last season, and three of them will be in one division. The ONLY hope for the south having two teams finishing the regular season with a winning record is Mercer.
07-19-2007 11:26 AM
Collinr01 Offline
Bench Warmer

Buccaneerlover Wrote:The math is simple *******, we had four teams in the A-Sun finish with winning records last season, and three of them will be in one division. The ONLY hope for the south having two teams finishing the regular season with a winning record is Mercer.

Damn.. I guess we don't need to play next season then, you have it all figured out lets just skip all the actual games. 01-wingedeagle
07-19-2007 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.