Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UPDATE: Red Riot website
Bookmark and Share
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
UPDATE: Red Riot website
I've put together something for the website. This website is by no means the final product. Just wanted to get the opinions of people on here to see what they like, don't like, or want to see added. Also, the top banner is rather plain and the links on the left side are also plain because no one stepped up and offered to make me some graphics, so that's the way they are until someone does.

Check it out here:

http://www.niuredriot.com/
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2007 12:14 AM by epasnoopy.)
06-14-2007 11:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgey3085 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
RE: UPDATE: Red Riot website
Its a good start, I just don't like how the NIU Red Riot logo at the top is so fuzzy. Besides that, everything else looks good.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::band:09-hitit
06-14-2007 11:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

georgey3085 Wrote:Its a good start, I just don't like how the NIU Red Riot logo at the top is so fuzzy. Besides that, everything else looks.

That's why i need someone to make the graphics. I put that banner together so there was at least something there.

Any suggestions you have? Added content?
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2007 11:37 PM by epasnoopy.)
06-14-2007 11:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
georgey3085 Offline
Special Teams

Hmmm I was gonna say a Photo's section for all the craziness of our group, but "Media" might work for that, besides that nothing comes to mind yet for me.
06-14-2007 11:40 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

georgey3085 Wrote:Hmmm I was gonna say a Photo's section for all the craziness of our group, but "Media" might work for that, besides that nothing comes to mind yet for me.

Yeah, i was gonna add a section for "Photos" under Media. But first i have to learn how to code a side menu to show up from the "Media" link so you have options to choose what category of Media you want (AIM Icons, Photos, Videos, etc.). I'm learning more HTML along the way. Kind of been shaking the rust off, so to say. Last time i had to make a website was in high school for a web design class i took. That was at least 5 years ago.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2007 11:48 PM by epasnoopy.)
06-14-2007 11:48 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I PM'd GTS to see if we could get Red Riot subforum on this board. This way Red Riot members can communicate amongst each other and all Red Riot related topics can be posted on there. This would be a lot easier than me making a completely separate message board.
06-15-2007 12:26 AM
Advertisement

nnhsniuhuskies37 Offline
Banned

I Root For: NIU & Cubbies
looks good my only thing is 2 see somehow if it can get its own website url
06-15-2007 12:41 AM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

nnhsniuhuskies37 Wrote:looks good my only thing is 2 see somehow if it can get its own website url

This is just a page for me to view and test with.

The real website url is niuredriot.com

I'm still waiting for PSE NIU to get back to me so he can grant me access to that url so i can upload all my files on there. Right now niuredriot.com is a blank red page with the red riot logo and it sends you to niuhuskies.com.
06-15-2007 12:59 AM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Updated the "Links" section and added a Visitor Counter.
06-15-2007 01:54 PM
PSE NIU Offline
1st String

epasnoopy Wrote:
nnhsniuhuskies37 Wrote:looks good my only thing is 2 see somehow if it can get its own website url

I'm still waiting for PSE NIU to get back to me so he can grant me access to that url so i can upload all my files on there. Right now niuredriot.com is a blank red page with the red riot logo and it sends you to niuhuskies.com.
Sorry, I guess I missed that request. I'll get it to you this weekend some time.
06-15-2007 02:52 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

PSE NIU Wrote:
epasnoopy Wrote:

Sorry, I guess I missed that request. I'll get it to you this weekend some time.

Hey, that's fine. I understand you're busy. Whenever you can get to it.

Btw people, you have PSE NIU to thank for the webhosting and url address.04-bow
06-15-2007 04:27 PM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Updated the links on the left side of the page to a button system, added our 2007-08 confirmed basketball schedule to the front page, and added the "Photos" page. Check out the upgrades!
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2007 08:45 PM by epasnoopy.)
06-15-2007 07:34 PM
georgey3085 Offline
Special Teams

I like it so far, its coming a long way.
06-16-2007 01:56 AM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Ok, i was able to fix the top banner. There was color loss due to saving it in a jpeg format. So in order to not get color loss i had to save the file in .png format. Only problem is that .png files are larger so they take longer to load and are not efficient for webpages. But that was the only alternative i saw. Only people who will notice the possibility of slower loading are those who use dial-up, but i know everyone on here is down with the newest high-speed technology, right?

I added a nicer looking version of our 2007 football schedule.

The "Submit a Picture" page is not operable and may never exist because i'm not learning php to add a feature i don't really see that many people taking advantage of. The Riot Act page is not operable either since i have no Riot Acts to put up (HF38 as them all).

I was thinking of adding an "Audio" page under "Media" and add the Huskie Fight song, Hail to the Huskies!, Hail, NIU!, NIU Fanfare, "Thrasher!", those DMS songs, etc. Thoughts? Should i add it?

Btw, if you guys aren't noticing the changes to the website, then try refreshing the page. That should work.
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2007 10:19 PM by epasnoopy.)
06-17-2007 09:54 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Hey PSE NIU,

What you gave me in the PM doesn't work. I tried PM'ing you back but it says your box is full. Looks like you need to delete some of your old messages.
06-19-2007 01:33 AM
PSE NIU Offline
1st String

epasnoopy Wrote:Hey PSE NIU,

What you gave me in the PM doesn't work. I tried PM'ing you back but it says your box is full. Looks like you need to delete some of your old messages.

I only have 5 PMs total in there, inlcuding sent items. It says I've used 0% of my allocated space.
06-19-2007 07:26 AM
Advertisement

PSE NIU Offline
1st String

PSE NIU Wrote:

I only have 5 PMs total in there, inlcuding sent items. It says I've used 0% of my allocated space.

Try it again. It works fine for me. Make sure you use the host I sent in the last PM, not the first.
06-19-2007 07:30 AM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

PSE NIU Wrote:

I dunno, but i just tried PM'ing you again and i got the following message:

The person you are trying to send a private message to has reached his/her private message quota, so your message could not be sent.
06-19-2007 11:56 AM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

PSE NIU Wrote:
PSE NIU Wrote:

Try it again. It works fine for me. Make sure you use the host I sent in the last PM, not the first.

EDIT: Nevermind, i finally got it to work.

I did use the host from the last PM. Did you give me the wrong username or password? I got the following error message when trying to connect.

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:40:08 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)
Content-Length: 1996
Keep-Alive: timeout=2, max=199
Connection: Keep-Alive
Content-Type: text/html

ERROR:> 404 Not found.
ERROR:> Control connection closed.
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2007 12:06 PM by epasnoopy.)
06-19-2007 11:57 AM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

http://www.niuredriot.com/

The Red Riot website is now officially open for business. Bookmark it!

If you're still getting the old version of the website then try hitting the refresh button.

If you notice any errors or problems with the website let me know so i can fix them.
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2007 01:22 PM by epasnoopy.)
06-19-2007 01:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.