Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Quotes from other teams about Junior
Jesterondirt Offline
Real racing happens on dirt!

I Root For: GoldenHurricane
Quotes from other teams about Junior
Quote:J.D. Gibbs, president of Joe Gibbs Racing, said last week that he'd like to talk to Earnhardt but indicated it might not be a good fit. JGR promotes a family values image, and Gibbs said the organization would have a hard time accepting Budweiser, Earnhardt's longtime sponsor.
Quote:"It's like trying to get a date with Jennifer Aniston -- if you see her, you've got to at least ask,'' Evernham said.
Quote:Dodge owners Ray Evernham, Chip Ganassi and Roger Penske all have said they'd like an opportunity to sign Earnhardt, but acknowledge they are long shots because of Junior's loyalty to Chevrolet. Even so, they all are in line waiting to see if Elledge gets that far down the list.
Quote:Hendrick Motorsports, winner of eight of the past nine races this season, has been silent on the issue.
05-18-2007 01:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
RE: Quotes from other teams about Junior
Cross Hendrick Motorsports off the list of teams interested in signing Dale Earnhardt Jr. Although he's spoken to Earnhardt, car owner Rick Hendrick said Saturday "there's no room at the inn" for NASCAR's most popular driver. Earnhardt is leaving Dale Earnhardt Inc. (DEI) at the end of the season. He wants to stay with one of the top Chevrolet teams so he can contend for championships, and Hendrick is the best in NASCAR right now with eight wins in the past nine Nextel Cup races. Richard Childress Racing and Joe Gibbs Racing are the next best Chevy teams, and both owners have indicated they are interested in speaking with Earnhardt. Only Hendrick had been silent on the issue, but as he walked toward pit road before Saturday night's Nextel All-Star Challenge, he said he was maxed out with four drivers right now and couldn't fit Earnhardt in his stable. "We're good friends and I've talked to him, because I really want him to make the best decision and do the best thing for himself," Hendrick told The Associated Press. "But right now, I'm full." Hendrick fields Cup cars for four-time series champion #24-Jeff Gordon, defending Cup champion #48-Jimmie Johnson, #5-Kyle Busch and #25-Casey Mears. All are under contract through at least 2008, and Hendrick is currently trying to extend Busch's deal. Hendrick said he's offered to help Earnhardt if he elects to field his own Cup team.(Associated Press)(5-20-2007)
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2007 02:25 PM by BeliefBlazer.)
05-21-2007 02:22 PM
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

I Root For: Pirates!

NCAAbbs LUGDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs
BamaBlazer Wrote:Cross Hendrick Motorsports off the list of teams interested in signing Dale Earnhardt Jr. Although he's spoken to Earnhardt, car owner Rick Hendrick said Saturday "there's no room at the inn" for NASCAR's most popular driver.

If you believe that, I've got a bridge I'll sell ya. The rumor mill 'has confirmed' (whatever that's worth) that Hendrick gave Little E a tour of the facilities on Tuesday. They are also speculating that Kyle Busch's ego is going to cause him to leave HM because he doesn't like being third. The other rumor is that VISA is going to outbid Bud to be Jr's main sponsor next year, which would open the door to JGR.

It's all up in the air, but DW is off his rocker thinking that Jr. Motorsports is going to the Cup series as a Hendricks satellite. Just don't see that happening.
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2007 09:27 AM by Lethemeul.)
05-29-2007 07:51 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
Lethemeul Wrote:but DW is off his rocker

Umm, any idiot that will get on a National TV broadcast, and scream "boogity, boogity, boogity," is off his rocker. No further questions, your honor.
05-29-2007 11:53 AM
Advertisement

Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

GrayBeard Wrote:
Lethemeul Wrote:but DW is off his rocker

Umm, any idiot that will get on a National TV broadcast, and scream "boogity, boogity, boogity," is off his rocker. No further questions, your honor.

You know you want his ringtone.
05-29-2007 12:05 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies
That would give me an excellent reason to smash my phone to bits. By the way, I hate my phone....It is a piece of Samsung crap!
05-29-2007 12:12 PM
1125 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati, NKU

Folding@NCAAbbsSkunkworks
GrayBeard Wrote:That would give me an excellent reason to smash my phone to bits. By the way, I hate my phone....It is a piece of Samsung crap!
Can we get a pic?
05-29-2007 01:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies
KState1125 Wrote:
GrayBeard Wrote:That would give me an excellent reason to smash my phone to bits. By the way, I hate my phone....It is a piece of Samsung crap!
Can we get a pic?

A pic of my phone?
05-29-2007 01:19 PM
1125 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati, NKU

Folding@NCAAbbsSkunkworks
Yeah, it is a slow day...Very slow
05-29-2007 01:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies
KState1125 Wrote:Yeah, it is a slow day...Very slow

[Image: samsung-t509s-plum.jpg]
05-29-2007 06:19 PM
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Junior to Childress seems to make sense. Who knows, maybe Ginn could lure him in.
05-29-2007 06:30 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
I just don't see him going to Ginn. Without Mark Martin they are just another 3rd rate team.
05-29-2007 07:39 PM
Jesterondirt Offline
Real racing happens on dirt!

I Root For: GoldenHurricane
I heard today that Junior is liking Ginn more and more each day. I believe they are using Hendricks motors as of right now.
05-29-2007 08:13 PM
Advertisement

Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

bleed blue and gold Wrote:I heard today that Junior is liking Ginn more and more each day. I believe they are using Hendricks motors as of right now.

They use Hendricks everything.
05-30-2007 04:46 AM
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

Latest Jr. rumors and other snipets

Quote:Many drivers seem convinced that Earnhardt will accept an offer to drive for Bobby Ginn, even though Ginn, a Florida real- estate developer, is new to the sport, with less than a year on the circuit. Ginn has been spending lavishly to turn the Jay Frye-run Chevy team into a top-flight operation. Driver Mark Martin led the Nextel Cup standings early this season and even after missing three of the year’s 12 races he’s still 15th in the points.

Martin may return to the Nextel Cup tour full-time in 2008, according to sources.

But Martin’s teammate Sterling Marlin is planning to cut back to a partial schedule, and Ginn said that would open the No. 14 car and its top-35 exemption for Earnhardt.

-and- From the Teresa Earnhardt may be totally screwed archive:

Quote:. But there seem to be more problems at DEI: John Menard, the wealthy businessman who is helping bankroll Teresa Earnhardt’s operation for racer-son Paul, may be ready to pull out, too. Menard could wind up back working with struggling Robby Gordon - the two have long been business partners, and Gordon is trying to get his team righted again.
06-01-2007 07:01 AM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
Quote:Cross Hendrick Motorsports off the list of teams interested in signing Dale Earnhardt Jr. Although he's spoken to Earnhardt, car owner Rick Hendrick said Saturday "there's no room at the inn" for NASCAR's most popular driver.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
06-12-2007 10:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.