Rev. Falwell dead...
...spin away.
05-15-2007 12:37 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Waiting for the links to DU on Conservative Underground.

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/f...y.php?f=37
05-15-2007 12:40 PM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:

the lunatics are already comparing him to Hitler at the DailyKos.....projection. and they had to ban comments at HuffPo, sicko's...

it'll be interesting if all the philanthropy and charity he's responsible for is even mentioned by the mainstream press.
05-15-2007 12:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sophandros Offline
Gulf Coast Elitist

I Root For: Tulane/Saints

New Orleans Bowl

I don't agree with the man on many issues, but I feel for his family and other loved ones.
05-15-2007 12:44 PM
Sophandros Offline
Gulf Coast Elitist

New Orleans Bowl

GGniner Wrote:the lunatics are already comparing him to Hitler at the DailyKos.....projection. and they had to ban comments at HuffPo, sicko's...

Seriously, the people on the far right are as bad as those on the far left (remember the people who celebrated when Molly Ivins died? or how about the attacks on Chelsea when she was still a child?).

Let's not get into this kind of crap when someone dies.

You're just as bad as those whom you attack by making the above statements. Just stay above it instead of commenting on it, pre-emptive or not.
05-15-2007 12:47 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

Sophandros Wrote:
GGniner Wrote:the lunatics are already comparing him to Hitler at the DailyKos.....projection. and they had to ban comments at HuffPo, sicko's...

Seriously, the people on the far right are as bad as those on the far left (remember the people who celebrated when Molly Ivins died? or how about the attacks on Chelsea when she was still a child?).

You're just as bad as those whom you attack by making the above statements. Just stay above it instead of commenting on it, pre-emptive or not.

Sounds like Soph wants a shot at running the moral majority! ;-)
05-15-2007 12:50 PM
Advertisement

Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

I Root For: UC & Bushmills
Folding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGDonatorsDonators

Thanks for the info, g-rules.
05-15-2007 12:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Sophandros Wrote:

Wrong, I don't EVER remember the right being that prolific with their hatred.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/dis...&forum=389
05-15-2007 12:53 PM
Sophandros Offline
Gulf Coast Elitist

New Orleans Bowl

RebelKev Wrote:
Sophandros Wrote:

Wrong, I don't EVER remember the right being that prolific with their hatred.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/dis...&forum=389

Then you don't remember what was said about Ivins when she died.

And you don't remember what they said about a little girl as she was growing up.

Or you've never read Ann Coulter... 05-stirthepot
05-15-2007 12:55 PM
Sophandros Offline
Gulf Coast Elitist

New Orleans Bowl

The bottom line is that BOTH extremists have people who are worthless. Don't try to say that your extremists aren't as evil and vitriolic as their extremists, just because you happen to agree with them.
05-15-2007 12:57 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I've seen that talk about Reagan, and any other Conservative that has passed away, on Democratic Underground.

I have yet to see anything like that on Conservative Underground. It's always been condolences.
05-15-2007 01:10 PM
Advertisement

Sophandros Offline
Gulf Coast Elitist

New Orleans Bowl

RebelKev Wrote:I've seen that talk about Reagan, and any other Conservative that has passed away, on Democratic Underground.

I have yet to see anything like that on Conservative Underground. It's always been condolences.

You're only looking at one website. I've seen tons more stuff. Plus, there's talk radio and other venues where conservative whackos do the exact same thing.

Instead of trying to say that one side is "classier" than the other, how about looking at positions on various issue and how each one stands (the mainstream of both groups, not the whackjobs) and do a compare and contrast. An HONEST compare and contrast (not accusing you of dishonesty, but many people are afraid to perform an honest assessment of their own views), not the crap that pundits and others throw out there.

Actually, there's a thread idea in here...
05-15-2007 01:28 PM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:

RebelKev Wrote:I've seen that talk about Reagan, and any other Conservative that has passed away, on Democratic Underground.

the scary thing is the people that run these sites, daily kos and moveon.org have meetings on regular basis with the Dem leaders in Washington, they are the one's pulling the strings. God help us.

there's a "dummie funnies" site that is pretty hilarious.
05-15-2007 01:28 PM
Sophandros Offline
Gulf Coast Elitist

New Orleans Bowl

GGniner Wrote:

the scary thing is the people that run these sites, daily kos and moveon.org have meetings on regular basis with the Dem leaders in Washington, they are the one's pulling the strings. God help us.

there's a "dummie funnies" site that is pretty hilarious.

We can do this for weeks, and yet no progress will ever occur.

There are people from the other end of the spectrum, just as nuts, who meet with conservative leaders in Washington all the time. Only the TRUTH is that they have co-opted the Republican Party. The Democratic Party is still in the centrist position that Clinton dragged it to 15 years ago. The nuts are trying to take control, but it is NOTHING compared to what happened with the Republicans.

The revolution occurred in Congress because the Republicans veered FAR to the right, which is why now you guys think that the Democrats (still centrists) are leftists.

Meanwhile, those of us who reside outside of your dichotomous world sit back and watch with amazement as you guys sit here and point fingers and hurl accusations at each other instead of actually discussing relevant issues.
05-15-2007 01:59 PM
Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

Not like there aren't people that have both side's ears that we'd rather not have too much power. For instance, Sun Myung Moon.
05-15-2007 02:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Sophandros Wrote:The revolution occurred in Congress because the Republicans veered FAR to the right, which is why now you guys think that the Democrats (still centrists) are leftists.

That's the funniest **** I've heard in a long time. Thanks for standing in man, the Comedy Club shut down here in Augusta.
05-15-2007 02:03 PM
Advertisement

GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:

John Edwards favorite blogger and Christian hater, Ms. Amanda is on the scene

[Image: pandagonnut.jpg]

you know you did the right thing when people like this hate you this much.
05-15-2007 02:05 PM
Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

With reasoning like that I guess Mao did the right thing.
05-15-2007 02:24 PM
OUGwave Offline
All American

I Root For:

GGniner Wrote:John Edwards favorite blogger and Christian hater, Ms. Amanda is on the scene

Kind of like...
Quote:But these things speak evil of those things, verse 10 [reading from Jude] which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves. Look at the Metropolitan Community Church today, the gay church, almost accepted into the World Council of Churches. Almost, the vote was against them. But they will try again and again until they get in, and the tragedy is that they would get one vote. Because they are spoken of here in Jude as being brute beasts, that is going to the baser lust of the flesh to live immorally, and so Jude describes this as apostasy. But thank God this vile and satanic system will one day be utterly annihilated and there'll be a celebration in heaven.
-
- Rev Jerry Falwell, "Old Time Gospel Hour" broadcast, March 11, 1984, quoted by Rev Jerry Sloan, "Is Jerry Falwell a liar?" Freedom Writer, September, 1994

This is what this man said about gay people who were trying to share in Christ.

I don't condone anything being said on either side, but understand that there's no high ground here. The reason why people on the far left hate Falwell is because he has always been hateful towards them -- blaming them for 9/11 because they tolerate homosexuals or a woman's right to choose...

Its a two-way street.

Not much to spin on this one. The guy's dead.

I'll respect the fact that he's dead, and that's a shame. But I'll not be joining in on any celebrations of his life and work. He's been as hateful as they come for a long time.
05-15-2007 02:27 PM
Sophandros Offline
Gulf Coast Elitist

New Orleans Bowl

GGniner Wrote:John Edwards favorite blogger and Christian hater, Ms. Amanda is on the scene

Disagreeing with Falwell is not the same has hating Christianity.

BTW, do you call blaming 9/11 on gays, abortion doctors, and non-Christians "the right thing"?

Do you call blaming the people of New Orleans for getting hit by Katrina "the right thing"?
05-15-2007 02:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.