Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

took em long enough!!
Jesterondirt Offline
Real racing happens on dirt!

I Root For: GoldenHurricane
took em long enough!!
Quote:Dale Earnhardt Jr. has been offered ownership in the company his father built, the president of global operations at Dale Earnhardt Inc. said on Thursday.

A source close to the negotiations said the offer is 51 percent.

"I'm not going to discuss percentages,'' said Max Siegel, the chief negotiator for DEI.

But Siegel said he has worked hard to address everything that Earnhardt Jr. and his sister, Kelley Earnhardt Elledge, have asked for to re-sign NASCAR's most popular driver.

That includes putting both on a board of directors through which all major decisions will be resolved.

"It would not be fair to say we have an agreement, but it would be fair to say we've come a long way,'' Siegel said. "We all have the common goal, which is long-term success for this company.''

Earnhardt Jr. said no deal has been reached and he declined to discuss whether 51 percent would give him the type of control he wants.

"That's a long way down the road,'' he said during qualifying for Saturday night's race at Phoenix International Raceway. "We still have some other things in the contract to work out.''

Later on Thursday, Earnhardt was quoted by The Associated Press as saying "as far as I know, there's been nothing new in the last week or more."

Earnhardt, in the final year of his current contract with DEI, said he isn't worried about the negotiations.

"I just want to get some wins and some good finishes and concentrate of what we're doing on the track,'' he said.

Elledge said last week that she hoped to have a new deal within 30-45 days. One of her concerns was that DEI hasn't committed the resources it takes to be one of the top teams.

Siegel said management is doing everything it can to ensure those resources are there, noting Earnhardt Jr. has had a strong car most of the season and that the programs of Martin Truex Jr. and Paul Menard are improving based on recent results.

Truex Jr. was seventh and Menard 15th last week at Texas. Earnhardt Jr. led 96 laps before a late crash not of his doing.

"Look at the performance of our cars,'' Siegel said. "No way do we lack resources. We are always trying to get the strongest people in every aspect of the business.

"We are committed to winning.''
04-20-2007 09:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

I Root For: Pirates!

NCAAbbs LUGDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs

Quote:Dale Earnhardt Jr. said an online report that he has been offered ownership in DEI is "news to me." After qualifying, he was asked about the story that he has been offered 51% ownership of the company started by his late father. "I don't know anything about that," Junior said, raising his eyebrows. "As far as I know, there's been nothing new in the last week or more." Earnhardt, in the final year of his current contract with DEI, said he isn't worried about the negotiations. "I just want to get some wins and some good finishes and concentrate of what we're doing on the track," he said. A story on ESPN.com Thursday said Max Siegel, president of global operations at DEI and the team's chief negotiator, said Earnhardt has been offered ownership in the company but would not say what percentage. Siegel could not be reached Thursday for comment

Somebody forgot to tell Junior.
04-20-2007 09:57 AM
Jesterondirt Offline

hey now.....The media would NEVER publish something without all the facts! lmfao
04-20-2007 11:29 AM
Advertisement

Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

Quote:Taking control of DEI, his late father's company, might come at too high a price for #8-Dale Earnhardt Jr. Last week, it was reported DEI offered Dale Earnhardt Jr. 51% ownership, which NASCAR's most popular driver quickly denied. That's not to say there weren't informal discussions, rather it could be Junior simply stopped listening once he heard the asking price. Several people familiar with the contract negotiations told The Associated Press that DEI has not made a formal offer and that any discussions centered around the 51% ownership share came with a steep asking price - $55 million or more - that the Earnhardt Jr. camp didn't take seriously. That number would be in line with the going rate for a stake in a NASCAR team. Boston Red Sox owner John Henry is believed to have spent about $60 million in February for a minority stake in Roush Fenway Racing. Those familiar with the negotiations requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak. When reached Monday, Junior's sister Kelley Earnhardt Elledge declined comment, citing the reporting of inaccurate information over the weekend in her desire to refrain from commenting until a formal announcement.
04-24-2007 02:47 PM
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

Jr. Leans Toward Hendrick

[quote]The efforts to sign #8-Dale Earnhardt Jr. to a NASCAR driving contract for 2008 and beyond has reached a critical point, and the top two teams on Earnhardt
05-09-2007 07:21 AM
Advertisement

Jesterondirt Offline

I hope he goes to Childress.
05-09-2007 08:52 AM
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

bleed blue and gold Wrote:I hope he goes to Childress.

+1

In the 3 car.
05-09-2007 08:58 AM
Advertisement

Jesterondirt Offline

This would look great with the 3 on it. I guarantee you Budweiser goes with him.
[Image: earnhardt.384.jpg]
05-09-2007 09:25 AM
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

bleed blue and gold Wrote:This would look great with the 3 on it. I guarantee you Budweiser goes with him.
09-hitit
05-09-2007 11:00 AM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Lethemeul Wrote:
bleed blue and gold Wrote:This would look great with the 3 on it. I guarantee you Budweiser goes with him.
09-hitit

http://www.vidstogo.com/player.php?vfnam...ss&ext=wmv
05-09-2007 05:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.