Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How low will Democrats go for a few votes?!?
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
How low will Democrats go for a few votes?!?
Democrats scramble to court Sharpton

This guy's positions are so far left and so out of the mainstream I can't understand why anyone wants his endorsement. It would kind of be like the Republicans courting Imus. 01-wingedeagle

For a Reverend, Mr. Sharpton's doesn't seem to following the Christian teachings based on his harsh rhetoric about Imus.

Mr. Sharpton seems to have forgotten:

Love thy neighbor as thy self.

Turn the other cheek.

Judge not less thy be judged

Just a few things Mr. Sharpton forgot as a Christian.
04-18-2007 05:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

I Root For: UC & Bushmills
Folding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGDonatorsDonators
Re: How low will Democrats go for a few votes?!?
THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:This guy's positions are so far left and so out of the mainstream I can't understand why anyone wants his endorsement. It would kind of be like the Republicans courting Imus. 01-wingedeagle

Unfortunately Sharpton's endorsement brings a lot of votes. That's the only reason anyone with intelligence would want his endorsement.
04-19-2007 07:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:Unfortunately Sharpton's endorsement brings a lot of votes. That's the only reason anyone with intelligence would want his endorsement.

That in and of itself is just sad.
04-19-2007 07:31 AM
Advertisement

OUGwave Offline
All American

I Root For:
Ninerfan1 Wrote:
Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:Unfortunately Sharpton's endorsement brings a lot of votes. That's the only reason anyone with intelligence would want his endorsement.

That in and of itself is just sad.

I'm not convinced it brings that many votes.

I don't think Obama should be courting it.

The problem for Obama is, its not entirely clear that Sharpton's constituents (which do NOT represent the majority of the black community -- even the majority of the liberal black community -- by any means), aren't likely to ever support Obama. He's just not their type. He's too sophisticated, too complex, too unifying in his choice of rhetoric, to ever have their support. They want a pitbull against the establishment on race issues, and thats just never going to be Obama.

Most of them fear that Obama's election would change the debate over race in America in a way that would freeze them out -- that they are "authentically" black, and he, because he is accepted by white society, is not.

Most black Americans will eventually come around to Obama without Sharpton's endorsement. Most black Americans don't give a flying **** about Sharpton. Those that do -- his acolytes, are few and far between and will probably never support Obama. They'd much rather be patronized by Hillary.

Balancing out against the voters that Sharpton's endorsement would alienate, I'm not exactly sure it makes sense for Obama to pursue it. I think more likely he knows he has no chance of getting it but its important to be seen as "competing for it".
04-22-2007 05:29 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
OUGwave Wrote:I'm not convinced it brings that many votes.

I don't think Obama should be courting it.

The problem for Obama is, its not entirely clear that Sharpton's constituents (which do NOT represent the majority of the black community -- even the majority of the liberal black community -- by any means), aren't likely to ever support Obama. He's just not their type. He's too sophisticated, too complex, too unifying in his choice of rhetoric, to ever have their support. They want a pitbull against the establishment on race issues, and thats just never going to be Obama.

Most of them fear that Obama's election would change the debate over race in America in a way that would freeze them out -- that they are "authentically" black, and he, because he is accepted by white society, is not.

Most black Americans will eventually come around to Obama without Sharpton's endorsement. Most black Americans don't give a flying **** about Sharpton. Those that do -- his acolytes, are few and far between and will probably never support Obama. They'd much rather be patronized by Hillary.

Balancing out against the voters that Sharpton's endorsement would alienate, I'm not exactly sure it makes sense for Obama to pursue it. I think more likely he knows he has no chance of getting it but its important to be seen as "competing for it".

Interesting points.
04-22-2007 07:40 PM
Quote this message in a reply
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:

the Dem/leftist party is dominated by Women and minorities, there is a reason all the Dem candidates are pandering to Sharpton and John Edwards is paying $400 for his haircut/manicures at the 'Pink Sapphire'....if they lose either of those 2 voting blocks by just 10 points or so they are royally screwed

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/04/20/th...y-of-hate/

I'm sure whoever the Dem nominee is, Sharpton will have a featured speaker slot at the DNC convention in 08 just like 04. The question is will they be dumb enough to let Michael Moore sit in a luxury box next to a former President.

[quote]
04-22-2007 11:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.