Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What if Pelosi sold Syrian's weapons?
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
What if Pelosi sold Syrian's weapons?
Taken from a blog on the Huffington Post

Republicans are now criticizing Nancy Pelosi for going to Syria and talking to their leader. How dare she? Cavorting with the enemy!

Now imagine if she had secretly sold them weapons!!! Treason! Appeasement! Weakness! Betrayal!

You know, kind of like how Reagan sold weapons to the Iranians.

Republicans are amazing creatures these days. They seem to be completely impervious to the kind of hypocrisy that would cripple normal human beings.

Ronald Reagan secretly sold weapons to the Iranians for hostages.

Forget that it was wildly illegal (and that a lot of the same guys who did that are neo-cons who now work for George W. Bush), but think about how weak that is. Imagine if Republicans caught Democrats secretly selling weapons to our enemies to try to get hostages released. They would go bananas.

Imagine if they found out that Sandy Berger and Al Gore worked together during the Clinton administration to sell weapons to Iran or Iraq or Syria in order to appease them into releasing hostages. What do you think the Republicans would have said about that?

Do you know who took the hostages that we were paying for during Iran-Contra? Hezbollah. Ronald Reagan funneled arms to Iran to appease Hezbollah! Imagine if a Democrat had done that.

I often make the point that Reagan talked to the Soviet Union and engaged in negotiations and diplomacy with our most hated adversary. George W. Bush, on the other hand, won't even talk to our enemies, let alone engage in standard diplomacy. So, would Reagan have talked to the Syrians like Nancy Pelosi did? Of course, he would have.

But he probably would have gone further. History shows that he probably would have sold them weapons. So I am amused when Republicans now accuse Pelosi of working with the enemy just because she talked to them. At least she didn't sell them weapons like that soft, weak, traitorous, appeaser Ronald Reagan.
04-08-2007 11:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte

Here's what's funny. Libs will go back over 2 decades to try and point out republican "hypocricy" but the moment you bring up Bill Clinton you get "Get over it!! Move on!!!"

03-yawn
04-08-2007 01:06 PM
ccs178 Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss

CrappiesCrappiesDonators

Ninerfan1 Wrote:Here's what's funny. Libs will go back over 2 decades to try and point out republican "hypocricy" but the moment you bring up Bill Clinton you get "Get over it!! Move on!!!"

03-yawn

Or they accuse right wing posters of parroting GOP talking points, but have no problem doing a copy & paste job rather than form their own opinion.
04-08-2007 05:17 PM
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU

Hey,

Just remember the golden rule......................... Whatever Democrats have done... Republicans have done far far worse!!!!!! ;-)

Happy Easter!!!
04-08-2007 05:35 PM
Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators

I think the criticism comes from the fact that Pelosi is operating outside her duties and responsibilities. We have 3 branches of Government each with their area of responsibility. Neither a democrat nor a republican member of congress or the senate should respresent the US (even de-facto) is my understanding of the criticism.
04-09-2007 12:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.