Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Would they impeach Cheney? If he directed Libby to disclose
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Would they impeach Cheney? If he directed Libby to disclose
I can't believe how little of play this is getting in our liberal biased press. This guy is a heart beat away from our presidency. Could they impeach a v.p.???

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/...1003540604
02-01-2007 06:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
Re: Would they impeach Cheney? If he directed Libby to disc
Machiavelli Wrote:I can't believe how little of play this is getting in our liberal biased press. This guy is a heart beat away from our presidency. Could they impeach a v.p.???

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/...1003540604

Well, I see a couple of loopholes.. If Libby had the appropriate security clearance to know the information, then Cheney could tell him..

Was Valerie really covert? Seems like everyone in DC knew where she worked and what she did before all of this went down. Not every CIA employee is covert.

As for impeaching a VP.. they almost got Agnew, but he quit before they got the chance.
02-02-2007 01:03 AM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU

I think the press is too busy covering the story of how Sandy Berger stole U.S. Govt Documents from the Federal Archives that showed how incompetent he was prior to 9/11.
They will move on to the Cheney story next.
02-02-2007 05:48 AM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

As far as impeachment goes, what would the Democrats have to gain?? You have Bush with approval ratings hovering in the low 30's and Cheney is now way shape or form running for President in 2008.

If he were to be impeached or stepped down this would allow President Bush to pick a new VP who would most likely run for President in 08.
Democrats would be politically smart to let Cheney twist in the court room, threaten impeachment but not act on it.
02-02-2007 05:53 AM
Machiavelli Offline

As Far as scandals go. This does seem to be flying under the radar though. Whats so bad about it, IMHO, is the Iraq war connection. The stories that were told to get us into this unpopular war. Just from that angle you would think that it would get more play time. If this were a D administration, you would have a Gary Condit like press hound. Day after day after day.
02-02-2007 07:19 AM
Machiavelli Offline

What I do begrudgingly like about you guys from the right. You always have a reply.

Plamegate = Sandy Burglar

Foley = Gary Freakin Studs from 1983. Do you guys get all your info from the Drudge Report? I've noticed they have started to give a response right below a headline that paints (R's) in an unflattering light.
02-02-2007 07:36 AM
Advertisement

ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

Machiavelli Wrote:What I do begrudgingly like about you guys from the right. You always have a reply.

Plamegate = Sandy Burglar

Foley = Gary Freakin Studs from 1983. Do you guys get all your info from the Drudge Report? I've noticed they have started to give a response right below a headline that paints (R's) in an unflattering light.

Hey I gave you what I thought was a logical answer on Cheney Impeachment which is more then I get from most Libs on this board.
The joke about Sandy Burglar was in reference to you thinking the main stream media was not going after Cheney enough which is laughable.
Give them time they tend to focus on attacking conservative things one item at a time.
You can best believe that depending on how Libby's case goes there will be blood in the water and the liberal media will be all over it.

As I have said before relax...You have two more years and Hillary will be President. The world will be right for all liberals as Hillary, Pelosi, Kennedy and Frank will be running our country. We will have achieved a state of nirvana and political utopia.
02-02-2007 07:42 AM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

Machiavelli Wrote:As Far as scandals go. This does seem to be flying under the radar though. Whats so bad about it, IMHO, is the Iraq war connection. The stories that were told to get us into this unpopular war. Just from that angle you would think that it would get more play time. If this were a D administration, you would have a Gary Condit like press hound. Day after day after day.

I would actually love to see the Press dive into this case and do some real investigative reporting. Maybe they could start by actually reporting what the 9/11 commission had to say about Joe Wilson and his trip to Niger.
They could talk about how Mr. Wilson hung out with some of his thug buddies in Niger sipping tea and declared case closed on Iraq trying to establish any relationship with Niger concerning trade of enriched uranium.

The Press could further report on why Saddam Hussein sent a high level government representative to Niger. Was it to discuss trade of goats or chick peas?? Or was it maybe to set up back door communications for enriched uranium which Iraq had purchased from Niger in the past?? Surely not as the press has determined that no way did Saddam want to restart his nuclear program. He had his top nuclear scientist bury all his research documents and workable centrifuges in his garden because Saddam had heard that makes great fertilizer.

I can't wait to see how Madam President Clinton deals with this type of Intelligence. We can all sleep good at night knowing that Madam President and her crack staff will be prosecuting the war on terror and radical Islam with great determination.
It would only be poetic justice to see how she deals with a China that is distributing missile technology that her husband gave to them.
Time to change the sheets in the Lincoln Bedroom because that place is going to be hopping. lmfao lmfao
02-02-2007 07:50 AM
Machiavelli Offline

Quote:Hey I gave you what I thought was a logical answer on Cheney Impeachment which is more then I get from most Libs on this board.

Yes you did.
02-02-2007 09:04 AM
Machiavelli Offline

Cheney directed Libby to get the "full story out". They release this on a Friday night. Nobody is talking about this. It is so damaging because it goes to the heart of the Iraq war and nobody is talking about it. I see the Pentagon also manipulated pre war intelligence. What does our media do with this......................... All I see is Anna Nicole DNA sound bytes. Ugghhhhhhh!!!!
02-10-2007 04:05 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte

Machiavelli Wrote:Cheney directed Libby to get the "full story out". They release this on a Friday night. Nobody is talking about this. It is so damaging because it goes to the heart of the Iraq war and nobody is talking about it. I see the Pentagon also manipulated pre war intelligence. What does our media do with this......................... All I see is Anna Nicole DNA sound bytes. Ugghhhhhhh!!!!

The facts.

Plame wasn't covert, therefore if Cheney did direct Libby to disclose her name it still wasn't a crime.

Wilson as been discredited and been proven a liar. So much so the Washington Post, not Times, has called him one. That means this entire episode doesn't go to the heart of anything.

The media spent the last 3 1/2 years talking about this stuff Dogger. Chris Matthews nightly went postal about it. You want to know why they're not talking about it now? It's because they've seen, and acknowledged, that Wilson was a liar and that "outing" his wife wasn't a crime. If it had been a crime, they'd be talking about it. They aren't, because it wasn't.

The fact that the media has moved on and you haven't should be telling you something Dogger. The only person really left that thinks there is a scandal here seems to be you and a few other lefties.
02-10-2007 04:17 PM
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline

The backstory is what is interesting. How quickly they tried to discredit Wilson. You may not find it newsworthy, but Cheney and Matalin did. Remember back when Bush said he would FIRE anyone who was involved in this leak???????? This goes to the heart of the pre war hysteria and how they manipulated intel. My God, they just reported how the Pentagon was involved with the manipulation. It's just amazing to me. Foxnews would be doing the full court Gary Condit if this administration were Democrat. It's just so sad. The story has legs. Matalin's own hand written notes say it. In a strange way I do admire the way this administration can hold down fires. Nixon never would of been impeached if he had Bush's team.
02-10-2007 04:36 PM
Machiavelli Offline

I just thought about this. Why didn't Fitzgerald put Cheney under oath? He obviously knows Cheney was at the heart of the disclosure why wouldn't he question Cheney? Interesting.
02-10-2007 04:54 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte

Machiavelli Wrote:The backstory is what is interesting. How quickly they tried to discredit Wilson.

What is interesting about moving quickly to discredit a liar a Dogger. Do you really believe the only time people try and discredit someone is when they're telling a truth they don't like? Wilson was a liar and the moved to show it. I'm all for that kind of thing.

Quote:Remember back when Bush said he would FIRE anyone who was involved in this leak????????

He said if a crime was committed Dogger. There was no crime. Why would he fire someone for not committing a crime? And also remember that it wasn't Libby who leaked it. It was Armitage.

Quote:This goes to the heart of the pre war hysteria and how they manipulated intel.

No, it really doesn't. Wilson lied Dogger. The commission to investigate pre-war intelligence said so. I know it's hard to understand but you can't make this situation into anything more than much ado about nothing. You can't talk about manipulated intel and apply it to this situation since we know 1) there wasn't any and 2) your chief supporter is a proven liar.

Quote:My God, they just reported how the Pentagon was involved with the manipulation.

You've lost me. Who reported what?

Quote:The story has legs.

You really need to calm down here Dogger. If the story had legs the media would be reporting it. We got Plame story after Plame story for the last 3 years Dogger. The media was desperate for this to be a crime. Guess what it wasn't. And when it's not a crime, it doesn't have legs.

Quote:I just thought about this. Why didn't Fitzgerald put Cheney under oath? He obviously knows Cheney was at the heart of the disclosure why wouldn't he question Cheney? Interesting.

Dogger do you even read the news? Do you do any research before you post this crap?

Armitage Admits Being Plame Leak

From the article
Quote:Former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage acknowledged Thursday that he was the source who first revealed the identity of CIA officer Valerie Plame to syndicated columnist Robert Novak back in 2003, touching off a federal investigation.

You do know what this means don't you Dogger? It means Cheney wasn't at the heart of the leak.

You're wasting a lot of energy and a lot of bandwidth trying to make this into a scandal Dogger, and you have nothing, absolutely nothing, on which to base it. There was no crime, Cheney didn't leak her name, or order it to be leaked. And even if he had it wouldn't be a crime.

Move on dude, really.
02-10-2007 05:10 PM
Machiavelli Offline

I believe you are mistaken on a couple of points Niner.

1st. President Bush DID say he would fire anyone associated with the leak. He then a couple of months later said he would only fire them if a crime was committed. Big Difference

2. Was Novak the first time Plame's name was used? I know Armitage was not the source for Cooper and Miller and keep in mind, Libby is on trial for obstruction of justice. Not the outing of Plame. There definetly was a concerted effort by this administration to discredit Wilson. Why?

3. Are you saying that Wilson lied about Saddam trying to get Yellow Cake from Niger? I think you may have a case of mistaken identity. Someone lied about YellowCake but I don't think it was Wilson.

4. The Pentagon manipulating pre war intel is on the AP wire. Just google it. It was released on Friday. Funny how all the bad info seems to be released on Friday afternoons. The trial gives some insight here too into W's damage control.

I'm out on a conference til next Thursday. I don't know if I'll get back to the spin room, but I will read up on this more and post again on the topic. Armitage maybe was Novak's source, but he wasn't Cooper's, Miller's or Russerts. That was Scooter per Cheney.

Armitage
02-10-2007 06:26 PM
Machiavelli Offline

A pretty balanced article on the possible Pentagon manipulating intel.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17077437/page/2/
02-10-2007 07:55 PM
Advertisement

SouthGAEagle Offline
Overzealous Admin

I Root For: Mercer & USM

SkunkworksDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesSurvivor Champion

Machiavelli Wrote:4. The Pentagon manipulating pre war intel is on the AP wire. Just google it. It was released on Friday. Funny how all the bad info seems to be released on Friday afternoons. The trial gives some insight here too into W's damage control.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con...87_pf.html

Quote:Correction to This Article
A Feb. 9 front-page article about the Pentagon inspector general's report regarding the office of former undersecretary of defense Douglas J. Feith incorrectly attributed quotations to that report. References to Feith's office producing "reporting of dubious quality or reliability" and that the office "was predisposed to finding a significant relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda" were from a report issued by Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) in Oct. 2004. Similarly, the quotes stating that Feith's office drew on "both reliable and unreliable reporting" to produce a link between al-Qaeda and Iraq "that was much stronger than that assessed by the IC [Intelligence Community] and more in accord with the policy views of senior officials in the Administration" were also from Levin's report. The article also stated that the intelligence provided by Feith's office supported the political views of senior administration officials, a conclusion that the inspector general's report did not draw.The two reports employ similar language to characterize the activities of Feith's office: Levin's report refers to an "alternative intelligence assessment process" developed in that office, while the inspector general's report states that the office "developed, produced, and then disseminated alternative intelligence assessments on the Iraq and al Qaida relationship, which included some conclusions that were inconsistent with the consensus of the Intelligence Community, to senior decision-makers." The inspector general's report further states that Feith's briefing to the White House in 2002 "undercuts the Intelligence Community" and "did draw conclusions that were not fully supported by the available intelligence."
02-10-2007 08:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Machiavelli Offline

Wilson does seem a liitle shady in all of this too. I've read some of the discrepancies in his tales. I'm not comfortable there either. The thing that does bother me though is he said that British Sources part of that infamous 2003 SOTU should never of been there. Our own CIA said it never should of been there. This is a place where we part company, we were ram rodded into this war for dubious reasons. I'm going to research some of our past conversations Niner. We were both on top of this for a while. I'll bet we had some of these same discussions in 2004 and 2005. Maybe this is all a vast left wing conspiracy. Maybe Cheney is a really good guy! Maybe a little smoke doesn't mean a fire. We will see how this plays out. I just wish one of our news stations would follow this story.
02-10-2007 08:08 PM
Machiavelli Offline

Thanks Eagle. I just want to get to the truth on this ****.

It can get so gosh darn confusing. I do mean that. 90% of our population wouldn't be able to follow this story with a map and a microsope. It's freaking confusing!!!

I do know when I hear faulty pre war intel and Cheney my mouth waters. At least I'm being honest!!!! ;-) The point where Niner makes the most sense to me. "It must not be something or the media WOULD be all over it. I'm just sitting here wondering when it will hit the fan and it's not. Then I'm thinking maybe it would be better if Cheney just sways into the wind over the next two years. It's like 3-D chess!
02-10-2007 08:12 PM
SouthGAEagle Offline
Overzealous Admin

I Root For: Mercer & USM

SkunkworksDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesSurvivor Champion

Well, you could've called your former student now at Langley and asked him what the report said.... ;-)
02-10-2007 08:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.