Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WrestleMania 23 Possibilities at the Top?
BlazerJoe Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Navy, ASU

Folding@NCAAbbs
WrestleMania 23 Possibilities at the Top?
http://rajah.com/base/node/7196

Quote:After discussions and negotiations throughout the week, the lineup for April's WrestleMania 23 is starting to take shape. The current plan is to go with the following 4 matches at the top of the card:

Triple Threat WWE Championship Match
John Cena vs. Edge vs. Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Title Match
The Undertaker vs. Batista

Hulk Hogan vs. Shane McMahon (w/Khali)

Shawn Michaels (w/Donald Trump) vs. King Booker (w/Vince McMahon)

There is also a good possibility we'll see another "Money in the Bank" 6-man ladder match, with the winner getting a WWE title match contract.

WWE's attempts to get the Big Show on board for a match with Hulk Hogan proved to be unsuccessful. While WWE was planning to do a "Hogan vs. a gaint" match to commemorate the 20-year anneversary of Hogan vs. Andre, there's no question that Shane McMahon will get a better match out of Hogan than Big Show or Khali could ever get.

Also, there are currently no plans for the WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony to be televised on the USA Network as it's been in the past.

Notes:
#1. I hate the notion of a Triple Threat Match at WrestleMania; I hate the general notion of a Triple Threat match period. I understand it's a necessary evil sometimes, but this is a bit much.

#2. No complaints on this one.

#3. I'm sick of The Great Khali, and I'm even sicker of Terry Bollea, aka Hulk Hogan. I wish both would just go away.

#4. This could be an interesting match. I :heart Shawn Michaels, and I :heart Booker T (**** King Booker) as a heel. I just wish he would come back out to his original music and intro.
01-28-2007 12:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Proud El Pasoan Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTEP Miners

Are they really in negotiations to get Donald Trump to appear? I know Trump is a good friend of Vince since some WrestleManias have taken place at Trump's Taj Majaul but it seems very doubtful he would participate.

I think a Hulk Hogan vs. Great Khali match would be great.
01-29-2007 01:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HornLakeTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis

I've got to disagree about the triple threat match being a bad thing. WrestleMania XX...HHH vs. HBK vs. Benoit absolutely owned the show.

The thing is, Edge DEFINITELY deserves a spot in the WrestleMania main event. The guy became the top heel on Raw in 2006, and has worked himself to death to get there. Cena's the champ, so he's in the match too. The problem is, Cena vs. Edge has been done HOW many times now..? So if you add Orton, you've got a new twist on the legendary feud that Cena and Edge have built up for a year. I'm excited about it.

And in my opinion, I wouldn't even make that match the headliner. I'd put Batista vs. Undertaker in the main event slot. And I seriously hope they don't job Taker's streak to a 40something year old Batista who doesn't have many years left in him. It's Taker's time to win the title, and he deserves to do it in a WrestleMania spotlight.
01-29-2007 03:58 PM
Advertisement

DC Tiger Fan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

goldberg should come back in the match and spear batista so undertaker could win the title
01-29-2007 05:20 PM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies

Is Batista really 40 something? He looks good for his age.....
01-29-2007 06:33 PM
Advertisement

Proud El Pasoan Offline
1st String

HornLakeTiger Wrote:And in my opinion, I wouldn't even make that match the headliner. I'd put Batista vs. Undertaker in the main event slot. And I seriously hope they don't job Taker's streak to a 40something year old Batista who doesn't have many years left in him. It's Taker's time to win the title, and he deserves to do it in a WrestleMania spotlight.

I agree, however I'd rather see Taker win the WWE title instead of the World Heavyweight title. The WWE title just has more history.
01-29-2007 06:53 PM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU

Donators

Well after RAW tonight it looks like Taker wants the WWE title.
01-29-2007 11:55 PM
Advertisement

HornLakeTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

Wow...Taker vs. Cena is the match none of us saw coming...

Now, could Cena be the man to end Taker's WrestleMania streak...?

I could VERY easily see that happening...much more so than Batista beating Taker.
01-30-2007 11:32 AM
HornLakeTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

uhmump95 Wrote:Is Batista really 40 something? He looks good for his age.....

Yeah, Batista got a late start in his career, much like DDP did.
01-30-2007 11:33 AM
Advertisement

Proud El Pasoan Offline
1st String

I hope Taker wins the WWE title against Cena at WrestleMania.

I've been really stunned that the real Donald Trump has now made an apperarence. He most likely will be making more apperances. How about a "Donald vs. Vince" match at WrestleMania? Maybe Ted DiBiase can return in his "Million Dollar Man" persona and be in Trumps's corner and John Bradshaw Layfield can be in Vince's corner. Will be intereting to see where things go from here.
01-30-2007 07:34 PM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

Taker showed up on ECW tonight after Lashley beat Test for the belt. Taker stared Lashley down in the center of the ring.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/shows1/ecwo...s/4028292/
01-31-2007 01:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HornLakeTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

Very, VERY interesting...so they're playing it out with Taker appearing on all the shows before he makes his decision as to which belt he wants a shot at.
01-31-2007 11:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.