Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How electable is Giuliani?
moloch_322 Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawt chix & UCF
Crappies
How electable is Giuliani?
The facts are against him. All our presidents have been men from a Protestant English-Scotch-Welsh-Irish background. Only Catholic Kennedy and German Eisenhower have broken that pattern. Would America be ready for an Italian-American president? I seriously doubt that society is ready at all for a female or an African American president but how ready are we to cross ethnic lines?
11-13-2006 06:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Re: How electable is Giuliani?
moloch_322 Wrote:The facts are against him. All our presidents have been men from a Protestant English-Scotch-Welsh-Irish background. Only Catholic Kennedy and German Eisenhower have broken that pattern. Would America be ready for an Italian-American president? I seriously doubt that society is ready at all for a female or an African American president but how ready are we to cross ethnic lines?

Ahh, but what about an African-American woman that was adopted by an Italian father and Scottish-Irish mother? Hmmmm........
11-13-2006 06:31 PM
Quote this message in a reply
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies

Do white people everywhere outside of East Texas keep up with this?

I could ask a woman in Kilgore (where I was raised) with the last name Fitzgerald about her ancestry and she would say "I don't know. I am a mutt" But when I was in Michigan and asked a woman with the last name Hemstra about her ancestry and I would get a half hour essay about being Dutch and Irish on her fathers side while her mother';s side is English, German with a little bit of Welsh thrown in.

That's crazy 01-wingedeagle

I say why not Guiliani.....
11-13-2006 06:34 PM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU

If he is running against Hillary, I would vote for him in a second. Quite frankly I dont care about your ethnic background, race or sex, as long as your policies are in line with what I believe in.
I think he will have a huge obstacle being Pro-Choice. Unfortunately the Republican Party has kind of locked itself into that paradigm.
Everybody seems to be in love with Obama and if he ran with Oprah they would probably win in a landslide so I am not so sure how much skin color means now a days except for the few remaining card carrying idiots.
11-13-2006 06:34 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

uhmump95 Wrote:Do white people everywhere outside of East Texas keep up with this?

I could ask a woman in Kilgore (where I was raised) with the last name Fitzgerald about her ancestry and she would say "I don't know. I am a mutt" But when I was in Michigan and asked a woman with the last name Hemstra about her ancestry and I would get a half hour essay about being Dutch and Irish on her fathers side while her mother';s side is English, German with a little bit of Welsh thrown in.

That's crazy 01-wingedeagle

I say why not Guiliani.....

I would love to have the opportunity to vote for Condi, but people are saying she isn't black enough. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. 04-drinky
11-13-2006 06:37 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

ShoreBuc Wrote:If he is running against Hillary, I would vote for him in a second. Quite frankly I dont care about your ethnic background, race or sex, as long as your policies are in line with what I believe in.
I think he will have a huge obstacle being Pro-Choice. Unfortunately the Republican Party has kind of locked itself into that paradigm.
Everybody seems to be in love with Obama and if he ran with Oprah they would probably win in a landslide so I am not so sure how much skin color means now a days except for the few remaining card carrying idiots.

I'd vote for RobertN over Hillary.
11-13-2006 06:38 PM
Advertisement

ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

This White Anglo Saxon Protestant would vote for Condi in a heart beat.
11-13-2006 06:56 PM
moloch_322 Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawt chix & UCF
Crappies

ShoreBuc Wrote:I am not so sure how much skin color means now a days except for the few remaining card carrying idiots.
I think that there are much more than a few card carrying idiots that still consider religion, race, sex, and ethnicity a very important factor in electing a politician - especially for president.
11-13-2006 06:56 PM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

RebelKev Wrote:
ShoreBuc Wrote:If he is running against Hillary, I would vote for him in a second. Quite frankly I dont care about your ethnic background, race or sex, as long as your policies are in line with what I believe in.

lmfao lmfao I think I would too
11-13-2006 06:57 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

ShoreBuc Wrote:This White Anglo Saxon Protestant would vote for Condi in a heart beat.

She was traded in the racial draft, so she's not black anyway.
11-13-2006 07:01 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte

uhmump95 Wrote:I say why not Guiliani.....

Can anyone tell me what, outside of 9/11, would make Rudi a viable option for president? He's basically Joe Lieberman on the issues and he's as liberal as the day is long on social issues.

The memory of 9/11 has faded enough to the electorate to where doing well when it happened isn't going to motivate them to vote for someone. And Rudy's best day was 9/11.

I don't believe he can win the primary.
11-13-2006 07:24 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Ninerfan1 Wrote:

Can anyone tell me what, outside of 9/11, would make Rudi a viable option for president? He's basically Joe Lieberman on the issues and he's as liberal as the day is long on social issues.

He did a damn good job in New York City after Dinkins incompetence.
11-13-2006 07:28 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

RebelKev Wrote:
Ninerfan1 Wrote:

He did a damn good job in New York City after Dinkins incompetence.

At what Kev? I'll give him cleaning up the streets and dealing with crime, but going hard on crime doesn't get you elected president.

He's pro choice, pro gay marriage, pro embryonic stem cell research. Does someone like that get the republican nomination? I know I wouldn't vote for him in a primary and it would be hard to in a general.
11-13-2006 07:39 PM
Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

I Root For: OK State, Tulsa
CrappiesCrappies

RebelKev Wrote:

given the choice i'd vote for mickey mouse before these two ;-) lmfao
11-13-2006 07:43 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Ninerfan1 Wrote:At what Kev? I'll give him cleaning up the streets and dealing with crime, but going hard on crime doesn't get you elected president.

He's pro choice, pro gay marriage, pro embryonic stem cell research. Does someone like that get the republican nomination? I know I wouldn't vote for him in a primary and it would be hard to in a general.

Damn man, I didn't say "I'd" vote for him. I just said he was good for NYC. What's good for NYC isn't necessarily good for Birmingham, Al.
11-13-2006 07:50 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

RebelKev Wrote:
Ninerfan1 Wrote:At what Kev? I'll give him cleaning up the streets and dealing with crime, but going hard on crime doesn't get you elected president.

Damn man, I didn't say "I'd" vote for him. I just said he was good for NYC. What's good for NYC isn't necessarily good for Birmingham, Al.

I wasn't saying you would. I was just asking what he did that was good.

In the end I don't think Rudi can get the nod. I like him national defense and taxes, but past that I don't agree with him on much.
11-13-2006 07:52 PM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators

Ninerfan1 Wrote:He's pro choice, pro gay marriage, pro embryonic stem cell research. Does someone like that get the republican nomination? I know I wouldn't vote for him in a primary and it would be hard to in a general.

As a moderate, I think he is perfect! Let the person decide how to live his/her own life! Stem cell research?!? You mean we might be able to find a cure for alzheizers, parkinsons, or the dozens of other diseases that cause nerve and brain cells to to die? How terrible!

However, with the current republican "base" being so far right leaning I can't help but agree, he would have a lot of trouble getting the nomination. He would, however, guarantee a republican president being inaugurated in January of 2009, IMHO.
11-13-2006 08:44 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

mlb Wrote:As a moderate, I think he is perfect! Let the person decide how to live his/her own life! Stem cell research?!? You mean we might be able to find a cure for alzheizers, parkinsons, or the dozens of other diseases that cause nerve and brain cells to to die? How terrible!

However, with the current republican "base" being so far right leaning I can't help but agree, he would have a lot of trouble getting the nomination. He would, however, guarantee a republican president being inaugurated in January of 2009, IMHO.

Conservatives aren't against stem cell research. Where do you get your facts? They are against harvesting embryos for the soul purpose of being stem cell machines. Also, there is a dark side to that science. Many are finding tumors associated with it. Trust me, the market will take care of this problem with adult stem cells. This current issue is one pushed by the abortion crowd.
11-13-2006 09:07 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators

RebelKev Wrote:Conservatives aren't against stem cell research. Where do you get your facts? They are against harvesting embryos for the soul purpose of being stem cell machines. Also, there is a dark side to that science. Many are finding tumors associated with it. Trust me, the market will take care of this problem with adult stem cells. This current issue is one pushed by the abortion crowd.

While we wait to get a working strain of adult stem cells scientists don't make the significant progress that could have been happening for years. The limited number of stem cells that were in "stock" (already had been harvested) before Bush signed the deal tying 1 hand behind their back has held back these scientists by years.
11-13-2006 09:21 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

mlb Wrote:While we wait to get a working strain of adult stem cells scientists don't make the significant progress that could have been happening for years. The limited number of stem cells that were in "stock" (already had been harvested) before Bush signed the deal tying 1 hand behind their back has held back these scientists by years.

Man, I'm fairly liberal on social issues, but no way in HELL will I ever support harvesting an embryo's stem cells. That's a little too much Nazi Germany for this Southerner to handle.

Besides, can you show me a success from it? I can show you several from adult. Face it, just like any other government handout, these "researchers" are pushing this to get government funding. They can't make it any other way because the corporate world works on success. Adult stem cell research IS funded by corporate America. Ever though about that?
11-13-2006 10:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.