Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Barfield traded to the Indians
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies
Barfield traded to the Indians
For two prospects: 3B Kevin Kouzmanoff and RHP Andrew Brown. Looks like Marcus Giles getting traded to San Diego is pretty much inevitable at this point.

In other news, the Pads named Bud Black as their new manager.
11-08-2006 04:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
Re: Barfield traded to the Indians
GDawgs88 Wrote:For two prospects: 3B Kevin Kouzmanoff and RHP Andrew Brown. Looks like Marcus Giles getting traded to San Diego is pretty much inevitable at this point.
In other news, the Pads named Bud Black as their new manager.

oh that explains a lot. i didn't know there was a rumor about giles to the Padres.
11-08-2006 06:22 PM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

GDawgs,

Aren't the Giles brothers from San Diego...or close b? May rejuvenate Marcus wants he hooks up with Brian.
11-08-2006 07:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Herd Fan 4-Life Wrote:GDawgs,

Aren't the Giles brothers from San Diego...or close b? May rejuvenate Marcus wants he hooks up with Brian.
Yeah, going to San Diego would make a lot of sense for Marcus, being in his hometown and playing with his brother.

Word is a Giles for Linebrink deal was in the works, and this trade only seems to make that an even greater possibility.
11-09-2006 12:09 AM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

Donators

Hhmm, must have been half asleep. Meant to say "by" and "once"
11-09-2006 08:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

GDawgs88 Wrote:

Yeah, going to San Diego would make a lot of sense for Marcus, being in his hometown and playing with his brother.

Word is a Giles for Linebrink deal was in the works, and this trade only seems to make that an even greater possibility.

that'd be an important pickup for the braves.
11-09-2006 09:14 AM
Advertisement

GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

flyingswoosh Wrote:that'd be an important pickup for the braves.
Yeah, Linebrink in the eigth and Wickman in the ninth would finally give us some stability at the back of the bullpen. Hopefully we'll decide to go through with that trade.

What we really need is another starter, though. I don't feel comfortable guaranteeing a rotation spot to Davies and James could be due for a sophomore slump.
11-09-2006 12:47 PM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

Donators

Looks like Brian may be on the way out of San Diego.

Brian Giles: Could be Traded

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Monday, November 13, 2006
Update: Giles might be traded this offseason, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune.

Recommendation: The Padres are expected to sign a major free agent outfielder, which would make Giles more expendable. Several teams could take a chance on Giles in the hope that his offensive production would improve out of Petco Park. He also could be trade bait for a club looking to move a big contract. Giles is due to make $9 million in 2007 and $12 million in 2008, but could be acquired in return for an even bigger contract. He has a no-trade clause which includes eight teams, Boston, Baltimore, Detroit and Washington among them.
11-14-2006 04:16 AM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

i would love to get giles.
11-14-2006 12:57 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

The term "washed up" comes to mind.
11-14-2006 01:52 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Given the choice id rather have Marcus, his production is pretty good for a second basemen.
11-14-2006 01:54 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

Terpy Wrote:The term "washed up" comes to mind.

the term idiot comes to mind. petco park is certain death to any player, especially lefties. With all that, he still managed a .374 OBP and 14 homers. If he played in a fair park he'd hit 30. He's just a good baseball player.

at least brian plays full seasons, unlike his "gamer" brother.
11-14-2006 03:11 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

flyingswoosh Wrote:If he played in a fair park he'd hit 30. .

No chance, dude is going to be 36 when the 2007 season begins, he is a has been. And its not only his power numbers that are down, he batted a career low .263 last season.
11-14-2006 05:01 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

Terpy Wrote:
flyingswoosh Wrote:If he played in a fair park he'd hit 30. .

No chance, dude is going to be 36 when the 2007 season begins, he is a has been. And its not only his power numbers that are down, he batted a career low .263 last season.

how many petco park games have you watched? i'm gonna assume, it's very few because you don't seem to understand what that park does to a lefty. Giles is still a very good hitter. I mean, sure he wouldn't hit 30 in pac bell, but that's only because bonds is the only lefty i've seen who could consistently put up big power numbers in that park. But giles would hit 30 if he played for the O's.
11-14-2006 05:44 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

I cant find statistics on the number of players who have hit more than 30 homers after their 36th birthday, but I imagine the list is a lot shorter then you think it is. Especially in the pre-steroids era, players didnt hit for power much after 35.
11-14-2006 06:04 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

Terpy Wrote:I cant find statistics on the number of players who have hit more than 30 homers after their 36th birthday, but I imagine the list is a lot shorter then you think it is. Especially in the pre-steroids era, players didnt hit for power much after 35.

ok, but what does the 'pre steroids era' have to do with it. Era's can't be compared, we all know that. And you're right, the list is probably pretty short, but 30 HR's isn't that much these days.
11-14-2006 06:28 PM
Advertisement

Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

flyingswoosh Wrote:
Terpy Wrote:I cant find statistics on the number of players who have hit more than 30 homers after their 36th birthday, but I imagine the list is a lot shorter then you think it is. Especially in the pre-steroids era, players didnt hit for power much after 35.

ok, but what does the 'pre steroids era' have to do with it. Era's can't be compared, we all know that. And you're right, the list is probably pretty short, but 30 HR's isn't that much these days.

we have entered the post steroids era.

My point was outside the past, lets say 10 years, people didnt hit for power past 35. I expect the numbers from this point on to be more representative of the previous era before steroids were abused.
11-14-2006 07:11 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

The bottom line is, Giles, at 36, isnt going to come close to 30 dingers.
11-14-2006 07:12 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

Terpy Wrote:The bottom line is, Giles, at 36, isnt going to come close to 30 dingers.

and i believe petco takes away at least 10-15 from a lefty.
11-14-2006 08:04 PM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

Donators

GDawgs88 Wrote:

Scott Linebrink: Unlikely to be Dealt

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Update: General manager Kevin Towers says that the Padres are unlikely to trade Linebrink this offseason, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune.

Recommendation: Linebrink's name has been mentioned in trade rumors, but Towers believes that the free agent market for relievers will be expensive and does not want to lose Linebrink. "Someone would really have to overpay" in a trade for Linebrink, Towers said. It looks like Linebrink will once again serve as San Diego's eighth inning set-up man in 2007.
11-15-2006 09:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.