Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

An October surprise that went horribly wrong?!??!!!
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
An October surprise that went horribly wrong?!??!!!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15496062/page/2/

How in the Hell can this win the hearts and minds of a country. 20,000 people marched in protest today. They KILLED innocent school children for cris sakes. I bet this is the October Surprise Limbaugh talked about last week on his show after the Michael J. Fox flap. They thought they were getting Al-Zawahiri. Unbelievable!!!!!!

This sort of targeting can not help us in the war on terror. Next Tuesday can not come soon enough.
10-31-2006 02:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte

Quote:Pakistan said its helicopters fired five missiles into the madrassa, flattening the building and killing 80 people inside.

Quote:In January, a U.S. Predator drone fired a missile targeting al-Zawahri in Damadola, near Chingai. The strike missed al-Zawahri, but killed several other al-Qaida members and civilians and sparked massive anti-U.S. protests across Pakistan.

[quote]
10-31-2006 02:28 PM
Machiavelli Offline

I just wonder if this was the surprise Limbaugh was talking about last week. Rove said something about an October surprise two weeks ago too.
10-31-2006 02:31 PM
Advertisement

Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

Machiavelli Wrote:I just wonder if this was the surprise Limbaugh was talking about last week. Rove said something about an October surprise two weeks ago too.

I never get to listen to Limbaugh so I couldn't tell you. I doubt it though. A surgical strike in Pakistan isn't going to sway the election I don't believe. Nor would getting Al-Zawari. He's not reached the level of Zarquawi in the public's mind I don't believe.
10-31-2006 02:40 PM
Machiavelli Offline

Set up snipers for him then. We have guys good from 1500 meters supposedly. Bombing schools can not be good for our image. SUpposedly they were from Predator Drones. Pakistan doesn't have predators. That was on Drudge last night too. Not exactly your bastion of liberal thought.
10-31-2006 02:43 PM
Advertisement

Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

Machiavelli Wrote:Set up snipers for him then. We have guys good from 1500 meters supposedly. Bombing schools can not be good for our image. SUpposedly they were from Predator Drones. Pakistan doesn't have predators. That was on Drudge last night too. Not exactly your bastion of liberal thought.

I'm confused. The article you posted said Pakistani helicopters bombed the school and that the drone was used back in January. Are they now reporting that a drone was used?
10-31-2006 02:47 PM
Machiavelli Offline

Last night on Drudge they said predators were used. I'll look in the timeline for the article. That was probably when the RNC thought they got Al-Zawahiri. Interesting the article has been taken off Drudge. hmmmmmmm.

I thought it was a BBC piece. That locals said they saw the drones.... I can't find the link. I'll keep looking.
10-31-2006 02:54 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Kerry just delivered the "October Surprise". He pissed off every single member of the US Armed Forces, who, by the way, vote.

...and this is the attitude of the entire Democrat Party. .....you've kicked out all the ones that actually gave a rat's ass about defense.
10-31-2006 03:03 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Machiavelli Offline

John Kerry won't effect one vote in Ohio and from the way it sounds from one marine who came back fromRamadi last week. Kid played Tailback for me 6 years ago, I don't think it will effect his vote either. His pretty pissed about Cheney, Rumsfeld and their ilk. He said everyone in his unit is just trying to survive over there. He doesn't see much hope for that region. His words not mine.
10-31-2006 03:14 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Machiavelli Wrote:John Kerry won't effect one vote in Ohio and from the way it sounds from one marine who came back fromRamadi last week. Kid played Tailback for me 6 years ago, I don't think it will effect his vote either. His pretty pissed about Cheney, Rumsfeld and their ilk. He said everyone in his unit is just trying to survive over there. He doesn't see much hope for that region. His words not mine.

I detect a "bouncy tale".

I am one who is very familiar with what is going on over there. I also call BS on your entire story.
10-31-2006 03:23 PM
Machiavelli Offline

I'm tredding very lightly here. I don't know what a bouncy tale is and the kid in question is truly one of my favorite kids I've had the pleasure to coach and to teach. He was my teacher's aide and we spent ALOT of great times together. I was very proud of him when he went into the service after 9-11. He was in Ramadi at the Al-Anbar province I can promise you he thought it was pretty clusterfcked.
10-31-2006 05:35 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Machiavelli Wrote:I'm tredding very lightly here.

I told you, I don't mod the Spin Room. A "Bouncy" tale is an inside joke for another site I am a member at.
10-31-2006 07:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.