All American

I Root For: Louisiana
CrappiesCrappies
Another Hollywood person who should shut up
Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea

"george w bush should definitely be impeached
he is a liar
and his lies have bought misery to millions of people "

You can't impeach a president because some of his policy decisions have had negative outcomes. Some people really need to take civics again. Clinton was impeached because he was to believed to have lied under oath and obstruction of justice. The Senate felt otherwise.

And does he have a clue that the House of Representatives must bring formal charges against the President. And last time I checked, the House was Republican controlled and our president is a Republican, so you can say what you want, but it ain't gonna happen.

Everyone is wasting their time expecting Congress to do something about this.
04-20-2006 09:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

There is a hype to use this to spur a change during mid-term elections.

I don't think it will work.

And sense when does playing in a grunge band make you a political commentator?
Actually, I guess it's as much a qualification as most journalists have.
04-21-2006 07:52 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
Re: Another Hollywood person who should shut up
Cajunman02 Wrote:Clinton was impeached because he was to believed to have lied under oath and obstruction of justice. The Senate felt otherwise.

Actually, it was the Democrats in the Senate that felt otherwise. I'm sure some other poster will have the breakdown of the voting by party.

Same thing would happen if Bush were impeached. The Senate would not be able to muster enough votes to remove.

First, though, the Democrats need to catch Bush in a lie UNDER OATH. Not saying that Bush has lied, but just lying in not enough. Clinton was impeached for his lies to a grand jury, not for telling the citizens of the US "I did not have sex with that young lady, Miss Lewinsky" in a press conference or for lying to Hilary.
04-21-2006 08:26 AM
Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

I Root For: UC & Bushmills
Folding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGDonatorsDonators

Last I checked this country allows free speech. I can go out on the corner and say basically whatever I want (excluding things like yelling "fire" in a crowded theater). I find it humerous that in many cases a celebrity says something that people agree with, and there is no complaining.

Quote:You can't impeach a president because some of his policy decisions have had negative outcomes.
If they try to impeach Bush, I don't think it'll happen, it'll happen not because of some vauge notion of "he's a bad guy." It'll happen because of something specific, like violating FISA. And only if they can pull evidence together.

Quote:And sense when does playing in a grunge band make you a political commentator?
It is the same thing that all of us on here do. I don't have any qualifications other than being a person with interest in politics. Does that mean I shouldn't express my opinion?
04-21-2006 08:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators

Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:Last I checked this country allows free speech. I can go out on the corner and say basically whatever I want (excluding things like yelling "fire" in a crowded theater). I find it humerous that in many cases a celebrity says something that people agree with, and there is no complaining.

I am basically in agreement with your statements, except that when a celebrity or anyone else speaks there is always some complaining, whether it is Charlton Heston, Arnold Swartzenegger(pre-election), or the Dixie Chicks.
04-21-2006 11:20 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:It is the same thing that all of us on here do. I don't have any qualifications other than being a person with interest in politics. Does that mean I shouldn't express my opinion?

Here's the rub....Nobody is putting a camera in your face, and you don't have millions of "I love Naked Flea" fans hanging on every word or bass riff you speak/play. Now, if people start writing news stories about the stuff you say, just make sure that you are properly educated on the subject before you spout off.

[Image: flea.jpg]
04-21-2006 01:19 PM
Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

If some stuck a camera in your face do you think that you would stop spouting off whatever opinion they were asking you about? Unfortunatly in the country celebrities get free loudspeakers for their voice no matter how absurd it is what you are saying.

The problem isn't Flea ranting and raving, the problem is the idiots who use Flea to form their ideas about what time of day is best to drop a nuclear bomb on Iran.

Twisting this around, maybe education is as bad as some people say in this country. If you really think that Flea's opinion is going to get the President impeached, then you are telling me that Americans are too stupid to hear idiotic ideas. Maybe that's true, maybe it's not.
04-21-2006 02:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:If some stuck a camera in your face do you think that you would stop spouting off whatever opinion they were asking you about? Unfortunatly in the country celebrities get free loudspeakers for their voice no matter how absurd it is what you are saying.

True

Quote:The problem isn't Flea ranting and raving, the problem is the idiots who use Flea to form their ideas about what time of day is best to drop a nuclear bomb on Iran.

I agree with that.

Quote:Twisting this around, maybe education is as bad as some people say in this country. If you really think that Flea's opinion is going to get the President impeached, then you are telling me that Americans are too stupid to hear idiotic ideas. Maybe that's true, maybe it's not.

I don't think Flea's opinion is going to get the President impeached, and I never said it would.
04-21-2006 02:22 PM
Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

Quote:I don't think Flea's opinion is going to get the President impeached, and I never said it would.
Then I guess it's not a big deal that he's saying what he wants to say then.
04-21-2006 03:15 PM
JTiger Offline
Grand Master Sexaaayyyy

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Re: Another Hollywood person who should shut up
Cajunman02 Wrote:Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea

"george w bush should definitely be impeached
he is a liar
and his lies have bought misery to millions of people "

You can't impeach a president because some of his policy decisions have had negative outcomes. Some people really need to take civics again. Clinton was impeached because he was to believed to have lied under oath and obstruction of justice. The Senate felt otherwise.

And does he have a clue that the House of Representatives must bring formal charges against the President. And last time I checked, the House was Republican controlled and our president is a Republican, so you can say what you want, but it ain't gonna happen.

Everyone is wasting their time expecting Congress to do something about this.

Does anyone take him seriously?
04-27-2006 11:11 AM
Advertisement

ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals

Who is Flea?
04-27-2006 12:23 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

MongoSlade Wrote:Who is Flea?

I posted his picture above in one of my posts. He is the bassist for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.
04-27-2006 12:28 PM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals

Just as I wouldn't want my politicians to suddenly offer "expert" advice to my favorite musicians on how to perform, same goes the other way to folks like Flea and Kanye West.
04-27-2006 12:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.