Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

My thoughts on the Mon-Fla-Cin.Trade
techfan4 Offline
One of the First

I Root For: Georgia Tech

SkunkworksCrappies

Good Job here by the Reds...

You have 2 young. good outfielders and Griffey

You get a 25 year old guy, who can get 15+ wins a season. He needs to work on his ERA, but that will come with age.

On the Marlins...

You had to give up Floyd...You know he's going to leave next year when his contract is up...so, they got something for him. Dempster, however,was a mistake...a promising you pitcher, with a wicked slider...i don't know i could give him up.

On the Expos...

Floyd is going to help this team,...but still, they need 1 more strong starting and relief pitcher. With Floyd behind Guererro, no more IBB's for Guererro...
07-11-2002 11:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

I doubt MLB will let the Expos make anymore moves.
07-12-2002 07:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Anyways, now that I thought about it a bit, this actually isnt that bad of a deal for the Marlins it is not mere payroll slashing like everyone thinks. Floyd was expendeble not only because he is in his walk year but also because Preston Wilson, Eric Owens and Kevin Millar are pretty good outfielders and if you look at Encarnacion's numbers they arent very far off from Floyd's. Most people understand that dealing Floyd was necessary and their complaint with the deal is the Marlins getting rid of Ryan Dempster. I really dont see it as that bad of a decision. In the past Dempster had been the ace of the Marlins staff but this year he had dropped off significantly and I see no problem with trading him especially since they got major league talent (Encarnacion) in return. This Florida team does look like it is having an all out firesale (not yet anyhow)
07-13-2002 10:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.