Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Woody didn't get drafted
ClemTiger
Unregistered

I'm not totally suprised that woody didn't get drafted but he's a great athlete and help a number of teams, even if he does just play special teams. I am however suprised that ronald curry was picked and woody wasn't. Maybe the NFL needs to start watching a few NCCA games. Once they do they'll notice that ronald curry was a BACKUP QB they had a horrible college career.

Another pick that baffles me is eric crouch going in the 3rd round as a safety. As far as i know he's never played that position. Surely there had to be a number of safeties that got drafted after crouch that will a better job in the NFL.
If teams can find room for those two, they can find room for Woody.

Go Tigers
04-21-2002 08:48 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SeminoleRob
Unregistered

They made a good point on ESPN about Curry and Danzler. Curry is willing to switch positions or sit with a QB coach and learn. Danzler doesn't have the height to be a NFL QB. I say he goes to Canada.
04-21-2002 11:31 PM
Advertisement

Paul
Unregistered

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by SeminoleRob:
They made a good point on ESPN about Curry and Danzler. Curry is willing to switch positions or sit with a QB coach and learn. Danzler doesn't have the height to be a NFL QB. I say he goes to Canada.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good Point Rob...

Dantzler will excel in Canada. There have been
many QB's like Dantzler, whose careers have
been brillant in the CFL. Flutie, Chuck Ealey...
There field is 10 yards wider. More room for
him to run.

There end zones are 25 yards deep. So look at
the pressure that Woody would put on a defense
when his team had the ball at the 10. There
corners still have to protect a "deep" route.

Woody would be awesome in the CFL. Hope he decides to go there. Those rules and their field
is made for him
04-22-2002 12:26 AM
ClemTiger
Unregistered

Sorry, i still find it hard to believe that an NFL team would take a chance on a guy who NEVER succeeded on the college level over a guy that showed that he can win.

And you said Woody's height hurt him, but it sure as hell didn't hurt Eric Crouch. Players drop rounds for being undersized and that is exactly what croch is, an undersized safety. Plus he's never played the position and he goes in the third round. Somebody must of been really desperate for a safety and nobody else was available but that pick is just crazy.

I guess it's a mood point considering Woody just signed a deal with Cowboys, and to play QB.
04-22-2002 01:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.