Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Titans' Safety Car-jacked
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Growing up in and spending over thirty years in Nashville, I can tell you the neighborhood at which he got jacked(near the Titans' practice facility) ain't no joke. It's one of those places you just don't want to find yourself in, and he got jacked in the middle of the afternoon. That area is named Bordeaux, and it's a dump. Surely, they could've found a better part of town to put the Titans' facilities at. I've been there several times to watch their "open to the public" practices, always concerned about my car....At least the guy held off from shooting.

Schulters said he feared for his life

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee Titans safety Lance Schulters didn't have time to think. When a young man pulled a gun and cocked it a few feet away, he dropped the keys to his Mercedes and ran for safety.

"I don't know much about Nashville, but I know enough that you just don't ****** a gun at somebody without using it,'' Schulters said Tuesday. "That made me panic right there, so I took off. I was fearing for my life at that point.''

Schulters had stopped for lunch Monday at a popular restaurant after working out at the Titans' headquarters a few miles away. The parking lot was empty except for his car as he walked out.

The NFL regularly warns players to be cautious, but Schulters said he wasn't worried because it was 2:30 p.m. near a busy intersection.

Then a young man in a white shirt and denim shorts approached Schulters as he walked to his car. Schulters said the man gave him "bad vibes'' and hoped he would just walk past him.

Once he got about three feet from Schulters, the thief pulled out the handgun and cocked it in the safety's general direction. Schulters dropped the keys and ran across the parking lot, using his cell phone to call 911.

"I don't know what could've happened if I stayed,'' Schulters said. "He might've wanted me to go joyriding with him or whatever. He didn't shoot me, so I guess I did the right thing.''

Schulters stood in front of a gas station across the street and watched as the man had trouble starting his 2001 Mercedes S55 before finally driving off.

He talked with reporters Tuesday about the theft and joked he was receiving more coverage than all last season. He turned serious when he said he thought he could have been shot.

Schulters doesn't think the thief knew he was robbing a member of the Titans. He signed as a free agent last season after four years with San Francisco and started every game for the Titans.

He figures the thief wanted the car and possibly the $10,000 tire rims.

"If I didn't drop those keys, it probably would be a different story. I probably wouldn't be here right now,'' Schulters said.

Schulters' car was recovered Tuesday west of downtown Nashville, police said.
06-11-2003 01:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

That's a scary story. I think Nashville is a great city but that area must be pretty rough.
06-11-2003 11:14 AM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Nashville is an awesome city, but just like everywhere else, there are bad parts that you don't want to be in.... 03-wink This area in question used to be a nice part of town, but you know the rest of the story.
06-11-2003 11:20 AM
Advertisement

Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

Which is another reason I think it was ok for McNair to have a gun in his car (or anyone else for that matter) when he was recently arrested.
06-12-2003 05:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Herd Fan 4-Life Wrote:Which is another reason I think it was ok for McNair to have a gun in his car (or anyone else for that matter) when he was recently arrested.
Amen, brother! :biggun:
06-13-2003 10:15 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

I agree.........
06-14-2003 07:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.