Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

You wont have the Williams sisters to kick around.
rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

I Root For: Heels
Donators

<a href='http://espn.go.com/tennis/french03/s/2003/0605/1563480.html?partnersite=espn' target='_blank'>In France any more this year. Of course, we wont have to put up with their idiot parents either. Gotta take the good with the bad.</a>
06-05-2003 12:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JoltinJacket Offline
The Resident Stat Machine

I Root For: Georgia Tech

SkunkworksHall of FameCrappies

I smell a potential race card about to be played.

Quote: The crowd was upset by several close calls that went against Henin-Hardenne. The hostile treatment so rattled Williams that she lost four consecutive points and her serve, leaving her with a shaky 4-3 lead.

Henin's mother and coach, Oracene Price, criticized the fans.

"A lack of class and total ignorance," she said. "Or they just don't know tennis and the etiquette of tennis."

When Williams hit an errant return on match point, she walked around the net and briskly shook Henin-Hardenne's hand as the crowd booed her. There were more jeers when she headed for the exit.

Paging Richard Williams, Jesse Jackson, et al... :rolleyes:
06-05-2003 01:09 PM
rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

I Root For: Heels
Donators

I do enjoy watching Serena play. Venus, on the other hand would not feel the cooling effect of my urine if she was afire. Her parents are tools.
06-05-2003 02:15 PM
The Peoples Champion Offline
1st String

I Root For:

i'm just glad to see someone new in the finals of an open, i'm against anyone dominating any sport.
06-05-2003 04:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JD Heel Offline
All American

I Root For: UNC

CrappiesCrappies

I just saw a replay of the end of the match, and all I can say is this: the French fans were a-holes. But, what else do you expect from them nowadays?

Serena got booed because she didn't take five minutes to fake-congratulate the other girl. Rather, she shook the girl's hand and moved on so she could get out of place. The crowd was on her the rest of the time on the court, even when it looked like she was about to cry. What a bunch of asses....

-JD
06-05-2003 10:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI

DAMN FRENCHIES! AND THEY CALL US AROGANT?!?! They're still pissed that they can't win their own damn tournament that they go and boo the best player in the World?!?! To hell with the french! :mad: :mad: :mad:
06-05-2003 10:13 PM
bigolhawg Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Yeah, I'm sure if a French player came in and won the US Open we would all just be ecstatic. I dont blame the French, they just wanted a change of pace, and a 5' 4" Justine Henin-Hardenne beating Serena is a huge change of pace.

Booing when Serena misses a first serve is defnitely unsportsmanlike, and there isnt any real excuse for it, but I dont think this was an anti-American thing. French are just tired of seeing the same person win it over and over.
06-05-2003 10:45 PM
T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI

bigolhawg Wrote:French are just tired of seeing the same person win it over and over.
Sorta like how we continually win wars over and over and they're getting sick and tired of it?
06-05-2003 10:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.