Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Statement at a Football Game...
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

This is a statement that was read over the PA system at the football game at Roane County High School, Kingston, Tennessee, by school Principal, Jody McLoud. I thought it was worth sharing with the world and hope you will forward it to all your friends. It shows clearly just how far this country has gone in the wrong direction.

"It has always been the custom at Roane County High School football games, to say a prayer and play the National Anthem, to honor God and Country."

"Due to a recent ruling by the Supreme Court, I am told that saying a Prayer is a violation of Federal Case Law. As I understand the law at this time, I can use this public facility to approve of sexual perversion and call it "an alternate lifestyle," and if someone is offended, that's OK."

"I can use it to condone sexual promiscuity, by dispensing condoms and calling it, "safe sex." If someone is offended, that's OK."

"I can even use this public facility to present the merits of killing an unborn baby as a "viable means of birth control." If someone is offended, no problem."

"I can designate a school day as "Earth Day" and involve students in activities to worship religiously and praise the goddess "Mother Earth" and call it "ecology."

"I can use literature, videos and presentations in the classroom that depict people with strong, traditional Christian convictions as "simple minded" and "ignorant" and call it "enlightenment."

"However, if anyone uses this facility to honor God and to ask Him to bless this event with safety and good sportsmanship, then Federal Case Law is violated."

"This appears to be inconsistent at best, and at worst, diabolical. Apparently, we are to be tolerant of everything and anyone, except God and His Commandments."

"Nevertheless, as a school principal, I frequently ask staff and students to abide by rules with which they do not necessarily agree. For me to do otherwise would be inconsistent at best, and at worst, hypocritical. I suffer from that affliction enough unintentionally. I certainly do not need to add an intentional transgression."

"For this reason, I shall "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's," and refrain from praying at this time."

"However, if you feel inspired to honor, praise and thank God and ask Him, in the name of Jesus, to bless this event, please feel free to do so. As far as I know, that's not against the law----yet."

One by one, the people in the stands bowed their heads, held hands with one another and began to pray.

They prayed in the stands. They prayed in the team huddles. They prayed at the concession stand and they prayed in the Announcer's Box!

The only place they didn't pray was in the Supreme Court of the United States of America - the Seat of "Justice" in the "one nation, under God."

Somehow, Kingston, Tennessee remembered what so many have forgotten. We are given the Freedom OF Religion, not the Freedom FROM Religion. Praise God that His remnant remains!

Celebrate Jesus in 2003!

Jesus said, "If you are ashamed of Me before men, then I will be ashamed of you before My Father."

If you are not ashamed, pass this on, but only if you mean it.

Yes, I do Love God. He is my source of existence and Savior. He keeps me functioning each and every day. Without Him, I will be nothing, but with Him, I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13
09-04-2003 11:36 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI

Its liberal hipocrisy right there. Denying the right to prayer because it "violates" the law, yet all the other things are allowed because they hides behind a different name and don't "violate" the law. Liberals love to piss off people.
09-04-2003 05:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

If conservatives really want to win the argument on school vouchers, they should start paying Jody McLoud's air fare so she can testify at every legislative hearing imaginable.

I would never -- not in a million years -- send a child to a school run by that woman. She is a poster child for school vouchers.
09-04-2003 10:42 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Schadenfreude Wrote:If conservatives really want to win the argument on school vouchers, they should start paying Jody McLoud's air fare so she can testify at every legislative hearing imaginable.

I would never -- not in a million years -- send a child to a school run by that woman. She is a poster child for school vouchers.
What does School Prayer(That they WANT), have to do with school vouchers? Lemme guess, you're against school vouchers, right? Hmm, I think I have stated this before, South Fulton County (Atlanta) spends about 10K per student. Columbia County, MY county, spends about 3K. Wanna guess who makes better grades? Liberals like you ALWAYS think throwing money at a situation will work. Guess what "Lost in Space", it doesn't.
09-04-2003 11:46 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

....and I don't know Jody McLoud. If she's as far right as you are left....and I do mean Venus as opposed to you being on Mars, I would never THINK about giving her any credibility.
09-04-2003 11:48 PM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

She is a poster child for school vouchers because she is nuts. I wouldn't want her near any children I cared about.

Quote:I can use this public facility to approve of sexual perversion and call it "an alternate lifestyle," and if someone is offended, that's OK."

She is calling gays and lesbians perverts. This is offensive and destructive.

Surely her school includes gay children. How much more warped are they going to turn out knowing their principal -- the leader and ultimate adult figure in their school -- sees them as a pervert, with all that word implies. It's practically an endorsement for all the bullying that is forthcoming from other schoolchildren who will echo the same words.

Quote:"I can use it to condone sexual promiscuity, by dispensing condoms and calling it, "safe sex." If someone is offended, that's OK."

Of course, teaching kids about condoms and dispensing them works.

Now, this principal and her school board have every right to bury their heads in the sand and ignore this evidence. The federal government is hardly forcing schools to dispense condoms.

but fears that doing so amounts to condoning sexual promiscuity are misguided and childish. This is how an adult would do it:

"The only sure fire way to prevent pregnancy is to not have sex. And waiting is the right thing to do. Chances are good that when you do have sex, it will be more meaningful if you wait until after you've graduated from this school. I know that may sound hard to believe -- and if you don't believe me, see me after class. I'll be happy to talk to you more about it.

"Still, I know some of you aren't going to approach me after class -- and will head out of this room bound and determined to have sex. My message here is that you should wait. My message here is that ten years from now, you really will wish you would have waited until after high school.

"But since I know not every one here is going to follow my advice, I'm going to discuss condoms with you.

"Is that a giggle I heard? If condoms make you giggle, you aren't ready to have sex."

(Discussion of how to use a condom and the percentages of preventing pregnancy).

"Condoms are available from the nurse's office. Again, they aren't perfect. The only sure fire way to prevent pregnancy is to wait, which is the right thing to do.

"But if you have sex, use condoms.

"And if you aren't man enough to go down to the nurse's office and ask for one -- if that makes you giggle, if that makes you a chicken ****** -- then you aren't ready to have sex"

Is this condoning sexual promiscuity? Hardly. But it is talking to kids as if they are older than three years old -- a notion that would clearly be lost on our Ms. McLoud.

Quote:"I can even use this public facility to present the merits of killing an unborn baby as a "viable means of birth control." If someone is offended, no problem."

Who the **** says abortion is birth control? Condoms are birth control. Abortion is an act of desperation. As she did throughout her rant, she beat a straw man here.

Quote:"I can designate a school day as "Earth Day" and involve students in activities to worship religiously and praise the goddess "Mother Earth" and call it "ecology."

And this takes the cake. This is completely off the deep end. This certifies our principal as N-U-T-S NUTS NUTS NUTS.

In her warped mind, teaching kids respect for nature and an understanding of how it works amounts to "worship(ing) religiously and praising the goddess `Mother Earth.'" It appears that our Tenneseee principal cannot distinguish between simple respect for the environment, nature and ecology and pagan ritual.

I have news for Ms. McLoud. If the fear of pagan worship of Mother Earth in public schools keeps her awake at night, then the federal government is here to help. Because the federal courts have made it very clear that instructing kids in religious, pagan worship of Mother Earth would be a gross violation of the First Amendment's stricture against establishment of relgiion.

See, Ms. McLoud wants it both ways. She ahbors the idea that public schools would teach religion in a way that grossly conflicts with her values, yet she is embittered by the fact that she can't lead her students in a prayer that expresses her own set of religious values.

The courts have, rightly, said, "look, if a person in authority -- in other words, the guvmint -- is leading schoolchildren in prayer, then this is an establishment of relgiion." It may irritate Ms. McLoud. But if she doesn't want public schools teaching pagan Mother Nature worship rituals, then she ought to respect this law. It protects her, too.

One more note:

Quote:One by one, the people in the stands bowed their heads, held hands with one another and began to pray.

They prayed in the stands. They prayed in the team huddles. They prayed at the concession stand and they prayed in the Announcer's Box!

This is all fine. The government isn't saying people can't pray in a school setting. The only question is whether a person in authority is leading schoolchildren in the prayer. That's establishment. That's government imparting religious values to children. The government, rightly, frowns upon that -- for the protection of everyone, including Ms. McLoud.
09-06-2003 07:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.