Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

whats wrong with baseball
jrhessey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cleveland
SkunkworksNCAAbbs LUG

the UNION!! A person wants to restructure their contract so they can go somewhere else, and the union will not allow it. What a load of crap! Since when should we let a group of people determine where we could go?? He literally could sue the union now for emotional distress from being forced to stay on a team that isn't going to win a world series championship.... I'm sure when the original people who thought up the union idea had good intentions, but anymore unions are mainly worthless!! About 2 percent of the time, they actually do good when they fight for an emplyee whose been injured or some other serious matter....
12-18-2003 07:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

i agree, this whole contreversy is going to hurt baseball. The reason why the NFL is a much better product than baseball, is because it's union is pretty bad. The MLBPA is too powerful. Most unions are too powerful.
12-18-2003 07:59 AM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

flyingswoosh Wrote:i agree, this whole contreversy is going to hurt baseball. The reason why the NFL is a much better product than baseball, is because it's union is pretty bad. The MLBPA is too powerful. Most unions are too powerful.
I agree 100 percent.
12-18-2003 02:45 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Damn Teamsters. :bang: :bang: :bang:

03-razz
12-18-2003 03:30 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Sorry that was a bad joke. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
12-18-2003 03:31 PM
Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

I Root For: OK State, Tulsa
CrappiesCrappies

well Bud selig isn't helping any.
Steinbrenner thinks he is a god.
12-18-2003 05:19 PM
Advertisement

JoltinJacket Offline
The Resident Stat Machine

I Root For: Georgia Tech

SkunkworksHall of FameCrappies

Tulsaman Wrote:well Bud selig isn't helping any.
That makes you wonder if Selig would have stepped in and made this deadline if it was an ARod to the Bronx deal instead of ARod to the BoSox.
12-18-2003 10:14 PM
SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

JoltinJacket Wrote:
Tulsaman Wrote:well Bud selig isn't helping any.
That makes you wonder if Selig would have stepped in and made this deadline if it was an ARod to the Bronx deal instead of ARod to the BoSox.
:rolleyes:

Some people just need to be realistic.
12-18-2003 11:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Guys, there are MANY other things that is wrong with baseball, not just the damn union.

Overinflated egos, overpaid mediocre players, tie All-Star games, greedy owners, overpriced tickets/merchandise, lack of proper marketing, players not readily available to fans(it's about the fans, right?), no salary cap....shall I continue?

The game of baseball basically SUCKS now!
12-21-2003 12:17 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

10MAN Wrote:Guys, there are MANY other things that is wrong with baseball, not just the damn union.

Overinflated egos, overpaid mediocre players, tie All-Star games, greedy owners, overpriced tickets/merchandise, lack of proper marketing, players not readily available to fans(it's about the fans, right?), no salary cap....shall I continue?

Let's break this down;

1) overinflated ticket prices: have you ever been to an NFL or NBA game.
2) Overinflated egos: I guess athletes from other sports are very humble
3) tie all star GAME. The baseball all star game was recently voted the best all star game
4) no salary cap is what has kept baseball alive
5) i hope you aren't only blaming baseball when it comes to greedy owners.
6) the median salary in baseball isn't much different from the other sports. overpaid mediocre player:Vin Baker

the other two, i agree with
12-21-2003 12:32 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

flyingswoosh Wrote:
10MAN Wrote:Guys, there are MANY other things that is wrong with baseball, not just the damn union.

Let's break this down;

3) tie all star GAME. The baseball all star game was recently voted the best all star game
6) the median salary in baseball isn't much different from the other sports. overpaid mediocre player:Vin Baker

Ok, let's break this down, Kid:

1) NBA? I've been to one game and it was the worst time of my life. I hate the NBA with a passion. Secondly, I have been to a ton of NFL games and they have all been worth the price of admission. Thirdly, this is a baseball thread, so I thought we were talking about baseball. But leave it to the resident clown to spin this another way. :stupid:
2) Again, this is a baseball thread, right? Or am I missing something? We are talking about baseball?
3) You will have to prove to me where that baseball All Star tie game was rated the best. On second thought, I don't care, I just know the backlash it received right afterwards.
4) Umm, are you mad? How do you figure that? Please explain that one to me.
5) Again...baseball thread.
6) Have you realized that this is a baseball thread yet? I'm gonna make you see that if it's the last focking thing I do, Mo! Jaysus!
12-21-2003 12:43 PM
Advertisement

SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

1) Should be a salary cap
2) Should be manadatory drug testing
3) Should take away power from Union. WAAYYYY too powerful
4) Should increase revenue sharing
5) Should issue a statement BLAMING the players for the All-Star game and not gosh darn Bud Selig.
12-21-2003 01:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

10MAN Wrote:
flyingswoosh Wrote:

Let's break this down;

Ok, let's break this down, Kid:

1) NBA? I've been to one game and it was the worst time of my life. I hate the NBA with a passion. Secondly, I have been to a ton of NFL games and they have all been worth the price of admission. Thirdly, this is a baseball thread, so I thought we were talking about baseball. But leave it to the resident clown to spin this another way. :stupid:
2) Again, this is a baseball thread, right? Or am I missing something? We are talking about baseball?
3) You will have to prove to me where that baseball All Star tie game was rated the best. On second thought, I don't care, I just know the backlash it received right afterwards.
4) Umm, are you mad? How do you figure that? Please explain that one to me.
5) Again...baseball thread.
6) Have you realized that this is a baseball thread yet? I'm gonna make you see that if it's the last focking thing I do, Mo! Jaysus!
1) Now we're arguing about the worth of the price? Let's throw that out.
2) i understand this is a baseball thread, but it's important to juxtapose the other sports with baseball. the egos in the other sports are much larger. If that's true, then baseball ego's are either the lesser of many evils, or not that big of a deal.
3) i said the baseball all star game was rated the best, not that particualr all star game. I'm saying people still love the all star game despite that one bad one.
4) i'll save this one until the end.
5 and 6) Again, these are less in baseball, so are they that bad after all?

the salary cap: there should be a salary cap, a minimum one. A max salary cap is what keeps teams from becoming dynasties or from teams building to create competitive balance. a minimum salary cap would keep owners from being as cheap as they are now. in the NFL you can't keep your players for more than a few years. Teams hardly have enough time to build an offensive line unit. In the NBA you can't dump salary. So if you have a bad contract you are stuck with it. that's the beauty of baseball, you can dump salary.
12-21-2003 06:00 PM
cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

flyingswoosh Wrote:juxtapose
nice
12-21-2003 06:19 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

cbfranchise3 Wrote:
flyingswoosh Wrote:juxtapose
nice
you know you like the vocab word. Mrs. Lancaster would be proud
12-21-2003 06:25 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

I knew you had to look that one up. :laugh:
12-21-2003 06:34 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

10MAN Wrote:I knew you had to look that one up. :laugh:
actually i didn't. Are you insinuating that i don't know my vocab? because i do.
12-21-2003 06:42 PM
tysramm1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

sure
12-21-2003 07:01 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

flyingswoosh Wrote:
actually i didn't. Are you insinuating that i don't know my vocab? because i do.
Actually, believe it or not, Kid Swoosh, I was just messin' with ya. Lighten up.
12-21-2003 07:07 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

10MAN Wrote:
flyingswoosh Wrote:
Actually, believe it or not, Kid Swoosh, I was just messin' with ya. Lighten up.
well it's kinds hard to tell, considering you have it out for me, so i can't tell when you're joking.
12-21-2003 07:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.