Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How ****ing stupid can you be?
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

When you claim to follow someone's teachings and live his or her ways... you would expect him or her to follow their teachings... and I can understand that there is some gray area... but what about short, simple, terse, concise words like "Love your enemies, do good to them and pray for them." and "Love thy neighbor as thyself." and "Who doesn't do good to those who are their friends? Even the tax collectors do that." and "If you love me, you will do as I say."

Again, I ask, how ****ing stupid can you be?
01-06-2004 10:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

I Root For: OK State, Tulsa
CrappiesCrappies

Hell nate the Muslims belive in what the Old Testament of the Bible says they claim it as the Divine word as well as the Koran.
bet ya didn't know that did ya.
01-06-2004 10:18 PM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Tulsaman Wrote:Hell nate the Muslims belive in what the Old Testament of the Bible says they claim it as the Divine word as well as the Koran.
bet ya didn't know that did ya.
What are you trying to say?
They also believe that Christ was a prophet.

And FWIW... those terrorists are NOT true muslims... simply terrorists claiming Islam to attempt to gain some credibility.
01-06-2004 10:21 PM
Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

CrappiesCrappies

what domination is you nate.
you are a Catholic a Methodist?
01-06-2004 10:21 PM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

And BTW, Kev, This was in another thread but there are Jews that consider Christ both a prophet... and some who consider him the messiah... Messianic Jews.
01-06-2004 10:22 PM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Tulsaman Wrote:what domination is you nate.
you are a Catholic a Methodist?
Technically a United Methodist... but what I believe doesn't fall under any specific denomination... a bit of Anglican, Lutheran, Catholicism, United Methodism rolled into one... But I regularly attend a UMC.
01-06-2004 10:24 PM
Advertisement

Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

CrappiesCrappies

I'm a Liberal Baptist. Which is an Oxymoron.
Translation- i call em the way i seem em.

:D :D :D :D :D
01-06-2004 10:24 PM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Tulsaman Wrote:I'm a Liberal Baptist. Which is an Oxymoron.
Translation- i call em the way i seem em.

:D :D :D :D :D
LOL... actually Baptist is one of the only few denominations I find very little truth in (in perspective of course).

Not 100% what a liberal baptist is, or if it exists... but it sounds much better than a true southern baptist.
01-06-2004 10:27 PM
Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

CrappiesCrappies

what we belive is what is in "THE BOOK" and only what is in "THE BOOK" we also won't let women preach.
of course i take the key facts.
Only one major key fact to get to heaven.
Belive Jesus is the Christ and you is guarenteed in.
and a Baptist is a follower of John the Baptist wonder why we is not liked. We make the Catholic Church look like a toddler.
A Baptist is different from a Southern Baptist trust me i know.
01-06-2004 10:30 PM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Tulsaman Wrote:what we belive is what is in "THE BOOK" and only what is in "THE BOOK" we also won't let women preach.
of course i take the key facts.
Only one major key fact to get to heaven.
Belive Jesus is the Christ and you is guarenteed in.
and a Baptist is a follower of John the Baptist wonder why we is not liked. We make the Catholic Church look like a toddler.
A Baptist is different from a Southern Baptist trust me i know.
1) Completely disagree... the Bible was written and assembled by humans... There are a ton of truths in the Bible, but the only infallible part of the Bible, IMO, are the words spoken by Christ.
2) Disagree again... Never seen a passage that would lead me to believe that women can't preach... Even the passages about being "subservient to men" are misinterpreted.
3) Man is saved by faith alone but not a faith that is alone. In other words... King Herod believed that Jesus was the Christ... he also tried to kill him... is he guaranteed into Heaven?
4) The Catholic Church has extreme respect from me, FWIW.
01-06-2004 10:37 PM
Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

CrappiesCrappies

you don't have to belive he died on the cross. He did not go to Hell when he died Thats cowdung he beat death when he died.
Baptists are extremely conservative about the bible almost to the point of Al Sharpton (but thats another story:D)
01-06-2004 10:39 PM
Advertisement

nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Tulsaman Wrote:you don't have to belive he died on the cross. He did not go to Hell when he died Thats bull**** he beat death when he died.
I don't believe that... I said I have extreme respect for the Catholic Church, not that I believe everything that they believe.
01-06-2004 10:40 PM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Are you a pacifist?
The reason I ask is because many Baptists believe that every word in the Bible is true... when... if you followed every word of the Bible literally... especially the New Testament... you would be a pacifist... Just like Christ was.
01-06-2004 10:41 PM
Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

CrappiesCrappies

no i like to kill things of course i want to nuke everything.
normally i really don't care what happens just as long as it don;t bother me you is fine with me.
01-06-2004 10:51 PM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Tulsaman Wrote:no i like to kill things of course i want to nuke everything.
normally i really don't care what happens just as long as it don;t bother me you is fine with me.
You really want to nuke everything or was that sarcasm that went straight over my head?
01-06-2004 10:58 PM
Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

CrappiesCrappies

yes and no.
I do want to nuke everything but i exercise control so no.
01-06-2004 11:03 PM
Advertisement

nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

LOL... I would have to say I fall under that category... My nature is definitely not to be a pacifist... I'm a violent SOB... But I understand how necessary it is.
01-06-2004 11:06 PM
joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Hey, I hate to squash the whole "Baptists are straight from John the Baptist" urban myth, but that just ain't so, son.

See also: anabaptists.

See also: google.

The internet is a vast storehouse of knowledge. Use it wisely, my son. :wave:
01-07-2004 02:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I am extremely loathe to enter this particular bit of nonsense, however...

If Jesus was a pacifist, please reconcile his use of a bullwhip to drive the money changers from the temple. This was a meaured, and wholly justifiable, act of violence.

Also, the quote most used to cast Jesus as a pacifist is also one of the least understood by modern people. Turning the other cheek was an act of rebellion. If a Roman were to strike a Jew during their occupation of Israel, the "proper" response was to fall on your face out of fear and respect. The person who was struck was to show that they were lower than the Roman. To do as Jesus directed would require the person to stand as an equal and offer the other cheek. This was a radical and defiant act.

Just knowing the words of the Bible without the context provided elsewhere in the Book, or its historical perspective, is a very dangerous thing. It promotes stupid ideas such as that Jesus was a conservative, or that you should pray away the rapist that is attacking your mother (or anyone else for that matter). Both extremes are dead wrong.
01-07-2004 06:08 AM
Quote this message in a reply
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

1) I am inclined to believe that the moneychangers event never happened. Even if it did, did it ever say that he hurt any human? or just overturned tables...? I really can not remember.

2) You're right, Christ was a rebel and a radical. That has nothing to do with whether he was a pacifist. What he preached was similar to Gandhi, MLK and the like... civil disobedience. He sure as hell believed that you could chastise someone, rebel against them etc... but never does he believe that one can take someone else's life.

3) Your 2nd paragraph isn't true, so this paragraph doesn't matter.

And just to let you know, a pacifist is not someone who does not rebel, it is someone who does not fight (physically).
01-07-2004 07:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.